Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → To move, or not to move, that is the question.
To move, or not to move, that is the question.
2005-10-17, 10:58 AM #1
Here's something thats been the dilema of the past few months.

I have a steady job as graphic designer with a decent pay. I do not really enjoy this job, its not what I'd like to be doing and I know I could do better.

My friends all live about 1 hour away from me in my hometown, and thus that leaves me alone (with my gf) on week nights. For the most part the last year has been great, but the lack of friends has been growing on me for a while. Now, not knowing many people in this city, those I do being couch potatoes or dungeon dragon buddies, it becomes somewhat hard to meet new people as I'm not the type to go out to bars alone. I'm a social dude, but not that social.

Now my dilema is this. My parents, who live in my hometown, have offered me to go back live at their place for a while. From there i could drive up to work everyday (not a problem, I'm used to driving.).

Pros : Close to friends, close to family, ability to save more money as I do not pay rent, electricity, etc.

Cons : Drive to work everyday, could be a little more hazardous during winter, lack my own place, returning to parent's.

Now, my parents are great, caring folks and I know I'd be happy going back there.

So this leaves me in a total hick and I gotta make a decision within one month before i renew the apartment.

How would you guys feel?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-17, 11:11 AM #2
Parents are awesome but it might make you too soft if you stayed with them as you'd grow more dependant on them. This might sound harsh but its kinda good to struggle a bit so you'll know what to do later.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-10-17, 11:27 AM #3
Oh i know that, I've been on my own for a while, so I don't worry about the "growing too soft", deal. But you do bring a good point.

The MAIN reason I'd be doing this is to be close to my friends, which I miss so damn much. I've been a cooped up loner for a year now, and thats just not me. hehe.
2005-10-17, 11:30 AM #4
Don't move back in with your parents.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 11:34 AM #5
Hmmm, I also failed to point out that it would be a temporary thing, until I found a new and better job, closer to home. :P That kinda makes a big point lol THen I can just get an apartment down hereee

↑ Up to the top!