Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → *bzzzzt*
*bzzzzt*
2005-10-17, 2:25 PM #1
So, backstory: there's a lecture on time on Thursday, 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. I want to see this lecture. It also gets me 5 extra credit points in Systems Analysis, bringing me to a B+/A- in the class. Two good things.

Bad thing: I have to help run a VBasic lab on Thursday, 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM. :( So I ask my coworkers if they can take my place. Most say no. Then, finally...

Me: "Hey, Ahmad, can you take over for my 4:00 to 5:00 on Thursday?"

Ahmad: "Hmm....okay, but on one condition."

Me: "Okay...what's the condition?"

Ahmad: "I take you out to dinner."

Well...what? I inquire to confirm that he said what I thought he said, and, indeed, he said what I thought he said. So, I think, is he gay? I didn't think so - he's Muslim, and I've not heard of many gay Muslims. Besides which, why would he be hitting on me, of all people?

Then he explains that there is a program going on where people fast on Thursday to learn more about Ramadan, and it is also a feed-the-needy program, where a corporate sponsor will donate money to aid programs for every person that fasts until break fast at 6:30. And Ahmad will buy me dinner at break fast.

Well, why not? It's for a good cause, it's a new experience, and I get to go to the lecture I wanted to. Hurray, hurray!

So, vibes, if you please. I've not done this type of thing before, so I've no idea how difficult it will be for me. So, as a precaution, I request vibrations.

[ Edit ] I neglected to mention - this fasting means that I can also not drink water. [ /Edit ]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-17, 2:26 PM #2
*vibes*

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzT

Sounds like fun.

SHIVA
2005-10-17, 2:28 PM #3
/me vibes
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-10-17, 2:28 PM #4
That is pretty cool. Interculturalism!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-17, 2:29 PM #5
Wolfy rocks.

*bzzaaaaaaazzt*
2005-10-17, 2:30 PM #6
Being islamic myself :o I can tell you, that Ramadan is no small treat.

Best advice I can give you is to be respectful.

*oscilliates*
2005-10-17, 2:30 PM #7
*shuffle*
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-17, 2:57 PM #8
Good luck
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 3:02 PM #9
He's actually gay and this "Ramadan" is homosexual propaganda to get you in the sack. Unibrows are a big hit with the gays.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-17, 3:03 PM #10
Originally posted by JediKirby:
He's actually gay and this "Ramadan" is homosexual propaganda to get you in the sack. Unibrows are a big hit with the gays.

If it was, I would be a whole lot happier.

:em321:
2005-10-17, 3:34 PM #11
Never met a gay muslim?

YOU HAETER.
2005-10-17, 3:44 PM #12
See, THIS is an INTERESTING blog thread. Props to you, Wolfy. Drink a couple big cups of water right before you have to start fasting :p
2005-10-17, 3:55 PM #13
Originally posted by Warlord:
See, THIS is an INTERESTING blog thread. Props to you, Wolfy. Drink a couple big cups of water right before you have to start fasting :p

Which is what I should've done this morning.

:(
2005-10-17, 4:08 PM #14
Perhaps it's not a date. It is just possible that he wants to get to know you. It's even more possible that he want to convert you to Muslum.

EDIT: reads rest of post. Have fun fasting. Make him buy you a big dinner.
2005-10-17, 4:16 PM #15
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:
Which is what I should've done this morning.

:(

/eats in front of you.
2005-10-17, 4:25 PM #16
[http://www.filefarmer.com/Genki/issue219.jpg]
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-17, 5:20 PM #17
You should have asked if they are serving food and drinks.

Originally posted by Wolfy:
...and it is also a feed-the-needy program, where a corporate sponsor will donate money to aid programs for every person that fasts until break fast at 6:30.

I believe this is another custom called Zakat (Am I right, Stinky?) where you give Charity to the poor. Or maybe it's just being nice. Either of the two is good.
2005-10-17, 5:53 PM #18
Originally posted by Anovis:
You should have asked if they are serving food and drinks.

As he said it was dinner at 6:30, I'd imagine there's food and drink. :p
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-17, 5:54 PM #19
Originally posted by Wolfy:
As he said it was dinner at 6:30, I'd imagine there's food and drink. :p

Nah. They're FASTING. It's just a bribe to get you to go. >.>
2005-10-17, 6:07 PM #20
Yes, that's why the meal is called break fast. :p

↑ Up to the top!