Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dear Jack Thompson
Dear Jack Thompson
2005-10-18, 5:51 PM #41
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
i had to

Where did that gun model come from?
2005-10-18, 5:51 PM #42
Eh... I don't know, if you give a somewhat violent kid a videogame, fighting a kid who picks on him may turn into shooting him in the face because he's hatian.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-18, 5:52 PM #43
Jack Thompson plays Halo on X-Box live....He's just mad because he sucks at it.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-18, 5:52 PM #44
Originally posted by JediKirby:
So ok, I'm going to mail him my letter, however unlikelly he'll respond.

My best guess is some sort of automated response.

"Dear JediKirby,

You are wrong. lol

-Jack Thompson"
2005-10-18, 5:54 PM #45
u r dumb, stop or ill sue u

- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-18, 9:18 PM #46
before you do...
Quote:
Usually this decision is made [Not to check identification on preorder] because it's a lengthily process that is far more proficient once the games are received,
There's a typo here, or mis-wording or something. "lengthily" should be "lengthy"
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-18, 10:04 PM #47
Video games don't cause violence. Morons like Jack Thompson do.
2005-10-18, 10:06 PM #48
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader]But is the video game the problem, or the fact that his parents did not teach him proper values and behavior?[/QUOTE]
The parents are the problem, but that doesn't change the fact that the game did have an influence on him.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-18, 10:46 PM #49
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Video games don't cause violence. Morons like Jack Thompson do.

And kids who play with guns and wear combat fatigues
2005-10-18, 11:01 PM #50
Hey now, I wear fatigues and I like guns, but you don't see me putting a bullet between JT's eyes.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-18, 11:26 PM #51
I think wearing camo is stupid and Jack Thompson needs to be in continuing care.
2005-10-18, 11:40 PM #52
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
Hey now, I wear fatigues and I like guns, but you don't see me putting a bullet between JT's eyes.

I see you thinking about it :p
2005-10-19, 12:46 AM #53
Remove the P.S. and put it in the content of the letter itself if you're going to send him it in that form. Also, as a few people have pointed out already, make sure your spelling and grammar are spot on - there are several typos and bad constructions in there - one that really stuck out to me was "...angles you've platformed off of." That seems an incredibly awkward wording. At the very least, I'd reword it to "...angles you've platformed from.".
2005-10-19, 9:31 AM #54
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']I see you thinking about it :p

... so? :em321:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-19, 2:05 PM #55
Quote:
If a person, especially a child is impressionable and isn't being raised with decent values by his parents, then yes, they can cause people to be violent. Otherwise, no.

Most definately. But in those cases, it's up to the parent of the child to keep those violent games from their reach until they are a proper age. It's not the video game industry's fault, or video games, that the parent is irresponsible enough to let their impressionable learning child to play violent games.
2005-10-19, 3:00 PM #56
My point is, why doesn't society put forth effort towards solving the actual problem rather then just a symptom of it?
Life is beautiful.

↑ Up to the top!