Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → BMW short films (act fast)
BMW short films (act fast)
2005-10-17, 5:54 PM #1
Text from an email I just received:

It caused a worldwide sensation… and it’s about to end.

Be sure to log on to bmwfilms.com before October 21 to view The Hire – BMW’s smash-hit short film series.
After four thrilling years, BMW Films’ award-winning on-line film series, The Hire, will take its final bow that day.

The sometimes touching, sometimes funny, and always exciting twists of The Hire have attracted over 100 million views. In a powerful turn that reflects the performance of a BMW itself, Clive Owen (star of Closer, Croupier, Sin City, King Arthur and Gosford Park) plays a mysterious driver hired for his sharp driving skills and unswerving cool. Each film presents a fierce new challenge to the driver’s talents.

Directed by filmmakers hailed for such classics as Seven, Face/Off, Top Gun, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and starring some of today’s hottest talents, The Hire breaks ground in style while blanketing the viewer in fast-paced suspense. The BMW Films site also features cool extras, including cast interviews, making-of documentaries, and more.

In 2002, The Hire was awarded the Cannes International Advertising Festival’s Cyber Lion Grand Prix prize.
The series was inducted into the permanent collection of New York’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Additional accolades include WIRED magazine’s 2001 “Best Excuse for Broadband” award; and, in 2002, John Woo’s episode, “Hostage,” won the Los Angeles International Short Film Festival’s “Best Action Short” award.

Don’t miss this chance to view the series of short films that caused a worldwide buzz. Log on to bmwfilms.com to screen The Hire today!
--------------------------
--------------------------

I've checked out one so far, and it freakin rocked. I don't know if this is old news or what.. I have no idea how I missed this before.
link.
(warning, for whatever reason, the dl speed from the server is not all that good. I'm only getting about 50kbps on cable. I don't know if this will affect the streaming video, cause I've just been downloading the films and watching them off the hard drive)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-17, 5:57 PM #2
I don't get it. Is this more spam mail? :confused:
2005-10-17, 5:58 PM #3
Interestingly enough, I just saw one of these during my school's morning assembly about a week ago. I think we saw "Ticker".
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-10-17, 6:00 PM #4
I love these things. I saw a couple a few years back. I'll have to check it out again.
2005-10-17, 6:00 PM #5
Anovis, technically yes.. It's a series of short films made by BMW... They basically show off the cars, but they're pretty action packed and very well done... Very good, well known actors in them too.. Check them out. They rock.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-10-17, 6:31 PM #6
Powderkeg is the best. Cinematography, directing, acting, music, etc. Excellent.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-17, 7:04 PM #7
Powderkeg? Where's that? :confused:
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-10-17, 7:06 PM #8
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
I think we saw "Ticker".

?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-17, 7:24 PM #9
No.

http://www.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?template=international&country=&film=

Watch and enjoy. They're all quite good. Clive Owen stars. Gary Oldman, Jame Brown and other make appearances.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 7:28 PM #10
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
Powderkeg? Where's that? :confused:

http://usa.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?template=archive&country=usa&film=powderkeg
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-17, 8:02 PM #11
the bmw films are awesome.
2005-10-17, 9:38 PM #12
Beat the Devil and Star are the best.
2005-10-17, 9:47 PM #13
Only one left... it just finished downloading. I like Star the best, I think. The chase is awesome, and it features my favorite car, the M5. Powder Keg is good cinematographically, but it makes me feel too uneasy with the narrow screen and the washed out colors... (I know that's the desired effect... they just do it too well). And Ambush is excellent as well.

2005-10-18, 8:12 AM #14
I've already got my DVD, which I got for "free" months ago. If BMW is still giving them away they're worth having. Its about four bucks.
2005-10-18, 10:29 AM #15
My friend told me about one he saw in the cinema a couple of years ago with Gary Oldman and Marilyn Manson, after a quick search I found out what it was and requested a copy of the DVD off them, never arrived though.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-10-18, 11:58 AM #16
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
My friend told me about one he saw in the cinema a couple of years ago with Gary Oldman and Marilyn Manson, after a quick search I found out what it was and requested a copy of the DVD off them, never arrived though.

Just download it.
2005-10-18, 2:28 PM #17
aye, the one you're thinking of is Beat the Devil, and if you do it in the next day or so, you can download it from the website...

↑ Up to the top!