Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Colbert Report
The Colbert Report
2005-10-17, 8:30 PM #1
It's on for me right now. Disscuss what you think, compare it to the Daily Show, etc.

(For those who don't know: It's on Comedy Central)
2005-10-17, 8:34 PM #2
I still have three hours
Pissed Off?
2005-10-17, 8:36 PM #3
I still have until tomorrow when it shows up on BitTorrent. How is it so far?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-17, 8:39 PM #4
Not so bad. It's not really like the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, because Jon basically covers the news before Colbert does. However, he does some reports on some issues.

Anyways, so far he has:

1.) Made his own word.
2.) Explained to us why he doesn't trust books and why he has his own word.
3.) Told us that if we're not scared yet, it's because he's not doing his job as a reporter. Thus, he is running through the top 3 potential threats to America.
4.) Had Stone Philips (From NBC News) as his first guest.
5.) Star War's Chewbacca was announced in the show also in his own little time segment. Apparently the actor, Peter Mayhew, has just announced to become a naturalized citizen of the United States.

I rather like his introduction to the show. It's just stands out and says, "Colbert".
2005-10-18, 9:56 AM #5
I enjoyed it. I was hoping it wouldn't be a Daily Show clone, and luckily it wasn't. It was more about him and his views with some stories on the side. The faceoff between him and Phillips was hilarious. I can't wait for the next episode.
2005-10-18, 10:22 AM #6
I like the O'Reilly spoof quality it has.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |

↑ Up to the top!