Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is it possible to recover lost pictures online?
Is it possible to recover lost pictures online?
2005-10-17, 8:40 PM #1
This is incredibly important. My friend lost some incredibly rare and important photos on PhotoBucket and sadly didn't back them up. They were photos of her baby brother who died a couple years ago, and all the other photos were destroyed. Tonight, someone managed to figure the password to her account and deleted everything, including the photos. Is there *any* way possible at all to recover pictures from the administrator or anything? This is very important because Ive been on the phone with her for an hour, and she has been balling in tears. I posted this on the main forum hoping someone might be able to help. The photos were deleted about an hour ago on Photo Bucket.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-17, 8:41 PM #2
I guess there's a remote possibility that the image could be saved on their servers. But with a site that has that much traffic, I imagine they flush their cache often. Is it possible the images are in the Temp. Internet Files on either of your computers? :confused:
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-17, 8:47 PM #3
I use Opera so they wouldnt be on mine.
2005-10-17, 8:48 PM #4
Use the internet wayback machine.
2005-10-17, 8:50 PM #5
You could try e-mailing the admin, there's a chance they might still be recoverable (I don't know anything about web hosting though, so I'm probably wrong).
Stuff
2005-10-17, 9:00 PM #6
Google-cached maybe? Highly doubt it though. Best bet is temp internet files on anyone who viewed the pics.
2005-10-17, 9:03 PM #7
Originally posted by Rob:

That can be used for photbucket site? :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-17, 9:03 PM #8
Originally posted by Rob:

http://www.waybackmachine.org/
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-10-17, 9:53 PM #9
the Waybackmachine didnt work. I was able to recover some of them though, but they were the smaller icon photos.
2005-10-17, 10:11 PM #10
email photobucket quickly and ask if they do backups?
一个大西瓜
2005-10-17, 10:12 PM #11
They said they don't. She is fine with the smaller pictures though.

Apperciate the help. I wouldn't have thought to go diving into the Opera archives to find it though.

↑ Up to the top!