Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doesn't the thought of this just piss you off?
Doesn't the thought of this just piss you off?
2005-10-18, 5:11 PM #41
^ What Thrawn said. I doubt a company like ID would desecrate it's beloved franchise with such ridiculous aspects implemented into the game. Their games are like their babies... they wouldn't just kill the atmosphere with a Hello Kitty ad, or any other kind of ad.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-10-18, 5:11 PM #42
Originally posted by FancyMan:
"Ice Cold Coke $0.25" on a vending machine - Good
plasma TV object playing a FMV for starbucks - bad

Why? I think the second one would be realistic, if nothing else.
D E A T H
2005-10-18, 5:12 PM #43
You know what WOULD be cool, though, would be if you could play MMO games for free if you had ads turned on, and people who payed the monthly fee like they do now wouldn't have to look at them.
2005-10-18, 5:13 PM #44
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Why? I think the second one would be realistic, if nothing else.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it probably WOULD be easier to disable...
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-18, 5:39 PM #45
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']You know what WOULD be cool, though, would be if you could play MMO games for free if you had ads turned on, and people who payed the monthly fee like they do now wouldn't have to look at them.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea Thrawn. ;)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-10-18, 6:08 PM #46
Indeed
Pissed Off?
2005-10-18, 8:03 PM #47
Originally posted by FancyMan:
"Ice Cold Coke $0.25" on a vending machine - Good
plasma TV object playing a FMV for starbucks - bad

Bingo. I don't care if my character walks by a McDonalds while he's strolling down the mean streets of New York. If you ask me, it adds to realism. But if I'm on some alien world and all of a sudden I'm being spammed about changing my wireless plan, people die.
2005-10-18, 9:23 PM #48
']You know what WOULD be cool, though, would be if you could play MMO games for free if you had ads turned on, and people who payed the monthly fee like they do now wouldn't have to look at them.

If I could also get the software itself for free, I would be willing to put up with the ads, b/c that way, I'm getting something in exchange for seeing them.
2005-10-19, 8:32 AM #49
Originally posted by Avenger:
Indeed

ARGH!! STOP IT!!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-19, 8:44 AM #50
Originally posted by Freelancer:
ARGH!! STOP IT!!

Indeed.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-19, 11:12 AM #51
Forsooth.
D E A T H
2005-10-19, 11:23 AM #52
Ergo. Vis a vis.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-19, 12:01 PM #53
Ipso facto, thusly.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-19, 12:05 PM #54
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Ipso facto, thusly.

Heh, they censored the acronym for Quoted for Truth.
2005-10-19, 6:22 PM #55

One issue there is, not a few months would go by before there is a simple exe crack to disable them while still not paying. If you're into that sorta thing... :rolleyes:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:

↑ Up to the top!