Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Reccomend some fun!
Reccomend some fun!
2005-10-18, 6:52 PM #1
Reccomend me some good OLD [Read: OLD!] CONSOLE game!
[must be able to be emulated]
[not goldeneye]
[link to emulater]
2005-10-18, 6:53 PM #2
You know it's illegal to play emulated games if you don't have the original, correct?

And you know that this thread will be locked if you promote such illegal activity, right?

Just making sure here...
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-18, 7:00 PM #3
This thread is illegal and against our rules.

It's spelled Recommend.
2005-10-18, 7:04 PM #4
But what if i DO own them

(<<)

Seriosly how do you know i dont? i just have a limited hd why emulate all of them/
And what if my [x] is broke?
2005-10-18, 7:11 PM #5
Wow. Another imsoshort thread. From the pits of hell.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-18, 7:11 PM #6
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
But what if i DO own them

(<<)

Seriosly how do you know i dont? i just have a limited hd why emulate all of them/
And what if my [x] is broke?

We know you don't own them because of the following reasons:

1.) You asked us to recommend you a video game that you own already, to be played by an emulater on a computer.

2.) You didn't state in your first post that your "[x]" is broke, and that you do own them. If your "[x]" is broken, you would have been wise to say it in the first place. Usually people say that they do own the games, and that their "[x]" is broken, to avoid issues. You're basically turning into another Jack Thompson by doing what you're doing now.

3.) I don't trust you. And my opinion rules.
2005-10-18, 7:13 PM #7
This emulator/game/rom conversation isn't going anyhere.

New thread question: What's better, cheese on crackers or crackers on cheese?
2005-10-18, 7:14 PM #8
cheese on cheese
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-18, 7:15 PM #9
Isn't that too much cheese?
2005-10-18, 7:16 PM #10
Never too much cheese.
2005-10-18, 7:18 PM #11
Wallace: Cheeeeeeeeeese
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-18, 7:20 PM #12
It's illegal to download ROMs even if you DO own a copy of the original game. The right to have a backup only counts if the backup is made from YOUR original.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-10-18, 7:26 PM #13
Originally posted by Detty:
It's illegal to download ROMs even if you DO own a copy of the original game. The right to have a backup only counts if the backup is made from YOUR original.

...not unless there's some difference in the copies, and user-made hacks and trainers don't count.
D E A T H
2005-10-18, 7:32 PM #14
http://floormath.ytmnd.com/
2005-10-18, 7:43 PM #15
tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna

salad
2005-10-18, 7:47 PM #16
Annnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddddd There goes the thread!
2005-10-18, 7:48 PM #17
Tootles
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-10-18, 8:08 PM #18
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]...not unless there's some difference in the copies, and user-made hacks and trainers don't count.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. While it may be hard for the court to find evidence that you didn't back it up yourself, it is illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roms

Read up in the legal section. Nowhere does it mention that you may download any roms you like, as long as you own the game.

The stipulation is if you ripped the roms yourself, not downloaded elsewhere.
2005-10-18, 8:11 PM #19
Originally posted by saberopus:
tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna tuna

salad

Slicing the rhyme to square bits
Burning through open skin
Like newly prepared grits
It's--
Tuna fish, I'm bringing the bad news
And changing your bad views
If you're thinking that cash moves.
Oooh!
2005-10-18, 9:29 PM #20
Yay! Someone take out the banstick!

KTHXBYE
Attachment: 7928/dancingpadlock.gif (5,033 bytes)
2005-10-18, 9:31 PM #21
Rome Total War > *
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-18, 9:40 PM #22
*reads thread*

*takes swig of beer*

*closes thread*

*takes swig of beer*
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!