Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh Hollywood....
Oh Hollywood....
2005-10-19, 3:04 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051019/ap_on_en_tv/tv_family_viewing

Is it wrong that I enjoy this horrendous filth on TV? :rolleyes:
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-10-19, 3:09 PM #2
Yes, you're a horrible person.
Stuff
2005-10-19, 3:13 PM #3
Wait, aren't FG and AD rated TV14 (or whatever the rating is)? So, um, no ****, they aren't shows for little kids.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-19, 3:21 PM #4
Who ever said these shows were intended for families to watch in the first place?

I guess "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is fun for everyone.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-19, 3:25 PM #5
The PTC are just dumbasses. End of story. Seriously, they shouldn't even need a PTC. Parents should view the show to make sure it is suitable for their family, not just heed to everyone elses word.
2005-10-19, 3:28 PM #6
Originally posted by Echoman:
Who ever said these shows were intended for families to watch in the first place?

I guess "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is fun for everyone.

HELOOOO

FAMILY Guy?

Gol.

And yes, EM:HE is one of my favorite shows. Deal.
2005-10-19, 3:30 PM #7
These shows even give a "viewer discretion advised" at the start of each episode, what more to these idiotic people want?

There's plenty of better things you can do as a family besides watch TV. Seriously.
2005-10-19, 3:39 PM #8
[http://www.blogography.com/photos4/Stewie.gif]

It's teaching your kids to eat their vegetables! :p
2005-10-19, 3:41 PM #9
Delphian got pwn3d
Stuff
2005-10-19, 3:50 PM #10
Those are pretty much the only shows I'm watching now. I watch House too.

I'm actually enjoying The War At Home? Anyone else watched it?
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-10-19, 4:13 PM #11
This is what I find laughable:

Quote:
Fox's "American Idol," which returns in January, made the group's list of best family viewing experiences. Two new shows, CBS' "The Ghost Whisperer" and UPN's "Everybody Hates Chris," also made it.

American Idol? Because we all know watching Simon slam people for their awful singing is really going to mold our children into the epitome of intellectually stimulated and emotionally well-rounded children.

And Ghost Whisperer? Ghost Whisperer?! They axed some of the best material on television, that being Joan of Arcadia, only to be replaced with a show where Jennifer Love Hewit talks to dead people, and that's quality family entertainment??!!

As for Chris Rock's childhood .... I wouldn't exactly consider that something young children could "hope to aspire to"....
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-10-19, 4:28 PM #12
Originally posted by mscbuck:
I'm actually enjoying The War At Home? Anyone else watched it?

Yes, I watched an episode while waiting for Family Guy to come on. That's gotta be the dumbest series they've come up with in a long time.

Maybe it was just the episode I watched, I dunno as I haven't tried another one. But:

-The acting on all parts was horrible
-The picture quality was horrible
-All plot points were moronic
-Tries to be like too many other shows at once, funny thing is most of the shows it's trying to be like were canceled.

I don't even see where the title "War At Home" comes into play, true they had problems that were the plot points, but none of them had anything large enough that they could be taken seriously. They all follow cliches that Fox requires; dad's a moron, mom solves all, son's messed up and the daughter's a teeny bopper. Oh, and her boyfriend's every character on UPN.

I'm really hoping it gets nipped soon.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-19, 7:04 PM #13
Originally posted by kyle90:
Delphian got pwn3d

Indeed.

↑ Up to the top!