Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Roadkill Thread
The Roadkill Thread
2005-10-19, 3:08 PM #1
Today, I was driving to uni, and I was going by the same park that I always do every day, and suddenly this big gray squirrel ran out in front of me, and I hit it with my two right tires. There was a bump, a sound of cracking bones, and then a second thump as my rear wheel went over it. I was moving fast (about 40 mph) , so there was no time to swerve or nothing else I could do. Poor damn squirrel never had a chance with roughly 1000 lbs of american steel bearing down on it. I looked back and I saw it writhing and twitching in the street. I would have gone back and finished it off if I had some kind of weapon, but I didn't have anything, so I had to keep going. I went home the same way, and it was dead in the gutter, and it was totally crushed where I hit it. It was the first thing that I've ever hit with my car. I feel bad about it b/c it died a miserable painful death, but it could have been worse. (it could have just as easily been someone's cat or something) Poor squirrel. :gbk:

I've killed lots of things on the computer, but this feels different b/c its real.

Anyways, post anything that you've killed with your car.
2005-10-19, 3:10 PM #2
I hit a butterfly once. :gbk: Sad times.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-10-19, 3:11 PM #3
I hit a bird once. The worst part was that bits of him were in my grill.. and my little sisters were in the car, and they wanted to know why I wouldn't let them out. :gbk:
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see." - George Berkeley
2005-10-19, 3:11 PM #4
Never swerve on account of an animal. You'll only hurt/kill yourself or someone else. It's not worth it.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-19, 3:11 PM #5
a flock of birds almost slammed into the side of my car once.
that was scary.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-10-19, 3:13 PM #6
Originally posted by Avenger:
Never swerve on account of an animal. You'll only hurt/kill yourself or someone else. It's not worth it.

It was a side street and it was empty at the moment, so I could have swerved safely. I just didn't have time.
2005-10-19, 3:15 PM #7
Millions of squirrels.

Ok so maybe about 10.
2005-10-19, 3:54 PM #8
^ you kill your own kind?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-19, 4:01 PM #9
Never driven over anything alive....I've had some close calls with crows and seagulls, which don't fly off until it's almost too late. stupid birds.

I did run over both the lawnmower and my sister's scooter, once...
Pyro Universe The ultimate fireworks site!
2005-10-19, 4:03 PM #10
A jackrabbit ran out from a large field off the road and right under my car as I was doing 45 MPHdown the road. I didn't hear and noises or feel any bumps, but when I looked out my rear view, I didn't see anything -- neither it running, nor it being dead. Upon I arriving home, I inspected my car, and discovered pair of brown, floppy ears sticking out from my wheel. I put on a pair of gloves, then pulled on the ears, and the head came out. :( I don't know where the body went.

That's the only one I've ever felt bad about. I've hit birds, squirrels, even snakes before, and never felt bad until the rabbit.
2005-10-19, 4:23 PM #11
two raccons a couple frogs and one bird that flew into my windshield.(bird brains are gross and dont wipe off easily.)
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-10-19, 4:49 PM #12
While driving home one night the biggest owl I've ever seen swooped down right into my windshield, making a loud thud, then rolled off the side and broke my side mirror. =\
2005-10-19, 4:52 PM #13
I was driving home though a wooded area one night and a bat once swooped down and got caught in my windshield wipers. When I got home I unhooked it's wing from them and it sat there for 5 minutes and suddenly flew away.
2005-10-19, 4:52 PM #14
Originally posted by Echoman:
^ you kill your own kind?

I never said I was a *good* King.... :em321:

And now that I think about it more, I can remember hitting a couple unidentified things that didn't cause damage, but definately made a bump.

Also a possum once.
And a wolf. (It was already dead though, we just ran over it since it was too hard to avoid)
2005-10-19, 5:03 PM #15
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I've killed lots of things on the computer, but this feels different b/c its real.

Lots of people here don't like you, but if we put you next to Jack Thompson you'd be a hero in comparison. ;)

2005-10-19, 5:21 PM #16
I once ran over a baby bunny rabbit with a lawnmower. True story. Ever since then I've been VERY vigilant for possible living things on the ground while mowing the lawn.
Stuff
2005-10-19, 5:25 PM #17
I've killed lots of birds... but it was with my shotgun.

I've never killed any living things with my car that I am aware of.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-19, 6:12 PM #18
Originally posted by Avenger:

What if that animal is an elephant? :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-10-19, 6:27 PM #19
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
What if that animal is an elephant? :p

hahaha
2005-10-19, 6:31 PM #20
Who says vedio games desnsistize us!
I killed a daddy-longlegs... :gbk:
2005-10-19, 6:33 PM #21
Squirrels are plucky little creatures. I tried to kill one with a blow gun once, but he ran away with a metal dart all the way through him. That sucked. I don't understand how they can live through so much sometimes though.
2005-10-19, 6:40 PM #22
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Squirrels are plucky little creatures. I tried to kill one with a blow gun once, but he ran away with a metal dart all the way through him. That sucked.

You suck.
2005-10-19, 6:58 PM #23
That squirrel is a thief! It stole Obie's blowdart! :mad:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-19, 7:07 PM #24
The reason I tried to kill it, is that it took all the tomatoes out of our garden all summer long. I had no idea it would survive with a steel dart in it. It probably died a few minutes later, but still.
2005-10-19, 7:14 PM #25
I've hit a couple squirrels and rabbits with my car. Ran over a snake with our lawnmower once too. That wasn't too pretty.
Life is beautiful.
2005-10-20, 11:52 AM #26
My cousin and I were firing copper b.b.'s from a scoped airsoft rifle at dragonflies over a lake once, and I, in a completely lucky shot, nailed one mid-air and the wings kept flying for a little but the body dropped into the water.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-20, 6:27 PM #27
Not sure if I finished the poor thing off but some small sparrow like bird took off in front of my bike as I was shooting downhill. It flew off in the wrong direction and the next thing I saw was a plume of feathers coming off of my spokes :(
2005-10-20, 6:30 PM #28
Anyone else think this thread needs pics... :)
2005-10-21, 7:50 AM #29
I think I've had at least one kill with my car, Going down a dirt road from my friends house one night I saw what looked like a brown paper bag floating across the road, so I ignored it, but when I got closer there was like 4 rabbits in the middle of the lane and I just kept going, I heard a few thuds but nothing else, I think I saw something hop off the road in the aftermath, but it was kinda dark.

there was a little bit of fur on the bottom of the bummber thats it.

but once a dog hit ME...

Going down a road towards my school after lunch period with a truck full of my pals I passed a house with a big long hedge and just as I passed it a dog saw a squirel across the street and came charging out from the hedge after it, JUST as I was driving past it.

I herd a loud thump, a yelp and saw the dog turn around and run back into his yard... I slowed down a bit and saw the dog seemed fine and kept going...

there was a small dent in the side of the truck and a bunch of fur, this was dog was HUGE.
The Gas Station
2005-10-21, 8:46 AM #30
My mom was driving the car on the day before Christmas once and she hit a dove. :p
It didn't move.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-10-21, 9:28 AM #31
[QUOTE=DJ Insaneo]Anyone else think this thread needs pics... :)[/QUOTE]HAHAHA YEAH

↑ Up to the top!