Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → X-Men Legends 2 for PSP
X-Men Legends 2 for PSP
2005-10-20, 4:04 PM #1
Has anyone played this game yet? If nothing else, I want to comment on how this game has the first ONLINE multiplayer experience for the PSP, and was wondering if anyone had tried it out. I'd like to hear how it works.

If no one's played it for the PSP, and have instead played it for another platform, leave comments.
D E A T H
2005-10-20, 4:14 PM #2
I've only played it on my Gamecube. Very excellent game. The story is nice, as well as the Cinematics(The one where Beast takes on Apocalypse is my favorite so far.) Gameplay is very good and I like how you can pick what special moves you can have( You still use 3 + an xtreme power, but you can have a dozen selections to put in the special slots) There are aslo special combinations of team members that get bonuses( MY Favorite is the Bruiser Brigade, which consists of Colossus, Rogue, Wolverine, and Juggernaut) Excellent game:D Also to note, I only got the GC version cause I am not a social gamer. If I want people to play, I play on their systems or they play on mine. I hate online gaming.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-10-20, 6:30 PM #3
Is it made by Ravensoft?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-20, 6:36 PM #4
Whoever made the first one made this one.
D E A T H
2005-10-20, 6:40 PM #5
If I didn't know better I would have sworn it was a sequal...
2005-10-20, 7:33 PM #6
Only played a little bit of it but it seemed almost exactly like the first game.

Only difference was there's more powers so you level a little faster and get more points to spend, and X-Men not on your team dont seem to keep up in level as well as they used to. Actually, can anyone confirm this?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-20, 8:13 PM #7
Quote:
I want to comment on how this game has the first ONLINE multiplayer experience for the PSP

What about Twisted Metal?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-10-20, 8:17 PM #8
I never played the original for comparison purposes, but in XML2 for PC most characters I didn't use were around 10-15 levels lower than my main team by the end game. The danger room can be used (exploited?) to level unused characters quickly. Here's the method in spoiler text:

Enter a team survival mission with enemies relatively close to the target character's level (the one being powerleveled). Make sure the mission hasn't been beaten yet... by repeating beaten missions, you get far less xp. Use a character like Nightcrawler (especially) or Cyclops to boost XP production and just keep hammering their xp power whenever it wears off. Simultaneously use a big nuke character (like Sunfire with maxed out Combust (I think it's called, his first power) to quickly destroy massive amounts of enemies. You may go through a lot of energy canisters, but it's worth it. Just restock between missions as necessary.

When time is close to running out, have your characters all jump into a pit to intentionally fail the mission (keeps xp from being lower on repeats). A cheap but effective method that can level characters quickly.

A fun game, I almost regret selling it (need money for paint more than games right now).

↑ Up to the top!