Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sweet monkey christ
Sweet monkey christ
2005-10-21, 8:22 AM #1
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000430064465/

THIRTY NINE MEGAPIXELS.

That makes my brain hurt.
D E A T H
2005-10-21, 8:25 AM #2
I wonder how fast that chip is.
Imagine trying to take a picture of a moving target and then it's gone after only half of the image has been captured by the chip...
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-21, 8:26 AM #3
wow!!!!

i saw a picture somewhere of the grand canyon in 22 megapixel detail.... now where was that....

EDIT: future post by 1 minute!
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-10-21, 8:29 AM #4
the ontly people going to buy that are pro's who need that kind of clarity. i mean seriously, are you gonna take a picture that can be blown up to a print the size of your house?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-10-21, 8:29 AM #5
Why? No moniter could view even half the picture at one time.
2005-10-21, 8:29 AM #6
You'd think it would be easier just to have a bunch of smaller, cheaper chips, with a specialized lens to focus the image properly on them.
Stuff
2005-10-21, 8:31 AM #7
Why the hell do they use megapixels for measurement anyways? How is it different from just specifying the resolution of the images it takes, which would be far more useful to me?

If it takes pictures at, say, a 4:3 aspect ratio (I dunno what it really is) then images are 7384x5538 in size, just to give you an idea.

It seems to me that megapixel can be used for image size, but that's only for uncompressed images, and then you have multiply by 3 bytes for each pixel, in this case 117mb per uncompressed image.

2005-10-21, 8:38 AM #8
you do know that it's probably taking more like 11.7 GB files. i've been using a D70s lately which is only 6.1 megapixels, and the raw files are like 300 megs a piece.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-10-21, 8:56 AM #9
Originally posted by Ford:
the ontly people going to buy that are pro's who need that kind of clarity. i mean seriously, are you gonna take a picture that can be blown up to a print the size of your house?

Not to mention that camera could cost as much as 50k. :P
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-21, 9:24 AM #10
My teacher's husband is an architectural photographer. He could have use for such a camera. But perhaps a good old analogue one gives you a better picture for the money.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!