Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thank you! We did great!
Thank you! We did great!
2005-10-21, 9:57 PM #1
I just got back from what was an awesome night. We were going on stage in about 5 mins to perform at Fall Fest and behind stage I could see the other band playing and a really lot of people all crowded up near the stage. There was over 200 people standing near the front, all of them looking at the band playing. Right then I went from excited to "Uh oh".

That band finished and we went out, and set up. I was standing there trying not to forget anything. Before I knew it the guitarist had started off Suggestions, and then after a few seconds the drums came in, and that's when I came in. I was still a bit nervous at the time, but I played through that song just fine...and holy crap. Everyone was cheering for us! This was awesome!

Then came ATWA, this was the song that had been haunting me all day! My mind went blank for a second, oh crap, I was singing infront of all my friends that had never heard me sing, and to be honest, I think it's the first time I've ever heard myself sing. About half way through the song I look up and expect to see my friends all laughing, but instead I see half of them singing along with me, and the other half is jumping around, and yellling and having a great time. At this point all of my fear left me, and I started to just rock out.

ATWA ended with applause, and we went right into Sugar. That went freaking awesome. I didn't even mess up once on the bass. I kept a steady beat during the entire song, even while screaming "SUGAAAAAAAAR!" every once and a while. Sugar was the lead singers favorite song, so he was all over the place, having a blast.

We then moved on to I'm The One and The Only, which both went really well. When The Only ends I just screamed "WOOOOOOOO!!!" and everyone at this place is going insane! We got the most applause of any band that night! I just stood there and soaked it all in.

Walking back stage, I heard the announcer get on the mic and say "Holy crap! Those guys rocked!" *SCREAMING AND MORE APPLAUSE* My friends greeted me there, as well as a bunch of people I didn't even know. All of them complimenting us, patting us on the back, and shaking out hands.

It was awesome, and I can't wait till Spring Fest. I'll post some video tommorow if I can get it from my friend, but for now, a few pictures will have to do.

[http://www.glassofstfu.com/FF.jpg]
[http://www.glassofstfu.com/FF1.jpg]
[http://www.glassofstfu.com/FF2.jpg]
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-21, 9:59 PM #2
*Claps

GET YO *** ON MASSRADIO AND SING!
2005-10-21, 10:00 PM #3
Congrats.
2005-10-21, 10:39 PM #4
awesome, glad you didn't choke :)
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-21, 10:42 PM #5
Dude! Was it as good as your performance on American Idol?
Attachment: 7989/keith.jpg (14,220 bytes)
2005-10-21, 11:22 PM #6
"Thank you! We did well!"

Anyway, I think you would look cooler if you got a haircut. Sounds like a fun, memorable experience!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-21, 11:37 PM #7
Hey there ho there!

Great work!
2005-10-22, 4:24 AM #8
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]
We then moved on to I'm The One and The Only[/QUOTE]

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY THERES NOBODY I'D RATHER BE
2005-10-22, 6:23 AM #9
Congrats on the good show man.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2005-10-22, 6:30 AM #10
OH, DEAR GOD. WHO LET THAT MAN USE A MIC?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-22, 6:43 AM #11
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]I AM THE ONE AND ONLY THERES NOBODY I'D RATHER BE[/QUOTE]

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY, AND YOU CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME.

F A C T.
2005-10-22, 8:59 AM #12
Quote:

Don't worry, one day you might be funny and not a total jerk.

Quote:
Anyway, I think you would look cooler if you got a haircut. Sounds like a fun, memorable experience!

Thou shalt not touch the hair that lain a top Victor's scalp. I'm not out to look cool, I was out to play some good music and have fun.

Also 'Im the One' and 'The Only' are two songs by Static X.
2005-10-22, 9:03 AM #13
chesney hawkes will rape your face
2005-10-22, 9:37 AM #14
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort][http://www.glassofstfu.com/FF2.jpg][/QUOTE]

Harry Potter and the Bass of Doom.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2005-10-22, 9:40 AM #15
Oh god the strap has a lightning bolt on it too >.<
2005-10-22, 12:26 PM #16
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Don't worry, one day you might be funny and not a total jerk.[/QUOTE]

Nah. :p

[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Oh god the strap has a lightning bolt on it too >.<[/QUOTE]

Bassius! *bzzoow*
2005-10-22, 12:35 PM #17
Congrats. By the way, you're like an exact double of one of my mates. So similar its scary, and errr.... he plays the bass too...

Spooky.
nope.
2005-10-22, 1:55 PM #18
Where is the band's guitar player?
>>untie shoes
2005-10-22, 1:58 PM #19
Originally posted by Echoman:
"Thank you! We did well!"

Great can be used as an adverb.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-22, 2:47 PM #20
Sounds like you did awesome. BTW, you look awesome with a bass... you have that "bass" look.

I'm kinda nervous, because my band's second show (our first at a real venue) is in a couple weeks, and we're expecting a huge crowd. Your story inspired me though... I can't wait to rock out. Anything pointers I should remember once I get on stage?
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-10-22, 2:57 PM #21
Stay loosened up and cool is the only one I could give.
2005-10-22, 5:06 PM #22
Whelly, the entire week I was really excited, I couldn't wait to get on stage, not until I saw everyone there did I get nervous. Even then I knew if I messed up, it wasn't a big deal. Once we finished our first song and everyone started cheering for us, I knew we were going to do fine. (To whoever asked, the guitarist is on the opposite side that I was on, he just wasn't close enough to get in those pictures.)
2005-10-22, 5:14 PM #23
did anyone happen to get a recording of this? even with a crappy camcorder
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-10-22, 5:44 PM #24
Yep, a few people recorded it, I just need my friends dad to upload it onto his PC. I also know about 4 other people who took pics.

Here is a short video taken near the end of Sugar on someones Digital Camera. It's kind of useless as there is no sound, but I'll try to get some video with sound up soon.

http://www.glassofstfu.com/Sugar.mov
2005-10-23, 12:49 PM #25
GET THAT COMIC BACK UP.
nope.
2005-10-23, 1:16 PM #26
It looks like the lead singer just wanted to sing some punk, but as he couldn't find any other punks he just recruited any old guy who could play guitar.

:p
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2005-10-23, 1:20 PM #27
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:

Like a virgin, touched for the very first time...
2005-10-23, 6:52 PM #28
Quote:
It looks like the lead singer just wanted to sing some punk, but as he couldn't find any other punks he just recruited any old guy who could play guitar.

He got the mohawk the day before the show :p, it actually looks pretty good on him. Also it's weird you mention it, he does listen to a lot of punk...poor kid.

↑ Up to the top!