Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hunting old skewl.
Hunting old skewl.
2005-10-21, 10:04 PM #1
OK, so Ishi and I started discussing hunting. Here's a chat log on the convo, speak your thoughts on this discussion! Could we truly hunt that way now, in this current world? If someone was truly dedicated, and NEEDED the food to live I believe they could do it, but without that REQUIRED TO LIVE motive, I find it doubtful that someone would be able to do that. So yeah, another chance to make me look stupid.

Code:
<Ishi> If I ever go hunting, I'd have to do it old schook style
<Ishi> Strip down, cover myself in mud to hide my scent and take 'em out with a bow and knife :P
<Zloc_Vergo> good luck Ishi
<Zloc_Vergo> here's a knife
<Ishi> People did it for thousands of years.
<Ishi> Or were you forgetting this?
<Zloc_Vergo> i wasn't forgetting this
<Ishi> I think you were!
<Zloc_Vergo> BUT, they were accustomed to the weather and such, where-as most Americans (if not all) have never had to do this to live
<Zloc_Vergo> and so we couldn't really do it as well
<Ishi> Ever hear of "practice"?
<Zloc_Vergo> because we don't have the practice, techiniques handed down through generations, or the physical ability (possibly) to do it
<Zloc_Vergo> Now Ishi, I'm not saying you couldn't learn to do it
<Ishi> This conversation got boring 5 lines ago.
<Zloc_Vergo> What I AM saying is that with America getting lazier over the past few generations (not meaning to stereotype, sorry) it would be harder for us to actually get our bodies to be able to stand the conditions you POSSIBLY would experience
<CoolMatty> Zloc: apparently you dont know americans
<CoolMatty> see, we have years of practice in aiming *video games*
<CoolMatty> we'd get a headshot on the deer
<CoolMatty> and it'd be gibbed all over
<Zloc_Vergo> And, we don't NEED the food, and so we would not have the motive they had
<Dj-Yoshi> duh, deer hunter trains us to hunt
<Dj-Yoshi> didn't you know that
<Dj-Yoshi> jack thompson said so 
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-21, 10:08 PM #2
heh, that'd be interesting if he said playing Deer Hunter made you a better hunter :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-21, 10:10 PM #3
I read that out loud to my little brother and I did different voices for all the Massassians. :D
2005-10-21, 10:11 PM #4
Heheh...Thrawn can be the Narrator for the "Stories of Massassi" G RATED MOVIE ;)
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-21, 10:15 PM #5
Attachment: 7988/massasinintheforest.jpg (75,906 bytes)
2005-10-21, 10:19 PM #6
Wtf tofu. o_O
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-21, 10:39 PM #7
Ishi forgot that unathletic nerds don't make good hunters... :S.
2005-10-22, 12:02 AM #8
Well I don't know if you're aware of this but people do that all the time. Well, maybe not the strip down naked and smear yourself in mud, but the part where they creep through the woods with a bow and a knife and mask their scent. Deer urine and camouflage clothing.
Warhead[97]
2005-10-22, 6:45 AM #9
To my knowledge all bow hunters made a blind and sat there the entire time.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-22, 8:14 AM #10
Deer Hunting DOES make you a better hunter. I've played that game for HOURS AND HOURS and I'm a better hunter.

Of course, it didn't make me want to go hunting. I never hunted before.

Unless you count people.
2005-10-22, 8:38 AM #11
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
To my knowledge all bow hunters made a blind and sat there the entire time.

Pretty much "all" anything isn't gonna be true in that sense.

↑ Up to the top!