Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → An interesting situation.
An interesting situation.
2005-10-22, 6:51 PM #1
My half sister, whom I've only ever met once or twice, just PMed me tonight and we've been talking for like 2 hours. See, we didn't know if my dad was her dad until she was 14, and well, they never got to know each other, and it wasn't a big deal. However, I've always wanted to have an older sister, and well, I just didn't know how to approach her. I thought maybe she wouldn't want to start up being my sister, on the same mentality that my dad wasn't her dad for 14 years, so why start now? Why start being my brother after 14 years? Well, now she's 22, and I'm 17.

She wasn't sure if she should contact me or not, on the EXACT same premise I wasn't sure if I should contact her. Now after 2 hours, we're talking like we've known each other forever and... it's amazing. I've always had this void... and she fills it completely, even if I'm just talking to her online with text and whatnot. It's amazing how similar our mannerisms are... I don't know, it's just this amazingly happy feeling to know someone out there is like you, even if they aren't exactly like you.

I don't know why, but it's just amazing that I can feel so close to someone after not knowing them for so long. I don't know if blood is just that strong, or because we WANT it to be, that we're getting along so well, and having an amazing conversation almost immediately. We have the same interests, and even when we differ, it's only because we took the same ideas and looked at them from different angles.

It's just amazing, and I figured I'd share that with you. We plan to try and make some of the memories we never had growing up, and possibly be there for each other for the trust and comfort that you can't get with anyone but a sibling. I am an only child, so maybe that explains to some of you who think I'm crazy for wanting a sister :-P

Um... post your... siblings?

[Third thread... I spelled the topic incorrectly 3 times...]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-22, 6:52 PM #2
A fat little 9 year old brother who likes to eat and watch TV.

See, Kirby, now you CAN NOT DIE! You have a sister to get to know.

Oh, and STOP REMAKING THE THREAD. I've tried to post three times now :P
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-22, 7:00 PM #3
My sister is almost 11
Half sister technically, but whateva
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-22, 7:00 PM #4
I should find my family, someday.
2005-10-22, 7:01 PM #5
I hate my younger brother. Thank god I never really have to put up with him.

I also have a "sister" who's really just a very, very, very, VERY good friend. It's just a friendship to the point where we might as well be related.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-10-22, 10:21 PM #6
I have no siblings.

Life couldn't be better.
2005-10-22, 10:31 PM #7
Brothers + 250 miles(and more) away = happyish genk
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-22, 11:00 PM #8
I know it would be pretty cool if I found out I had a robber-catching midget as a half-sibling.

2005-10-22, 11:03 PM #9
senator pheba

and some dude named dan who doesent come on the forums
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-10-22, 11:08 PM #10
I have a younger sister.
Stuff
2005-10-22, 11:08 PM #11
My step-brother lives in New Jersey and my sister goes to the same university I do (and also posts on this website.)
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-22, 11:30 PM #12
I supposedly have some sort of brothers or sisters or something on the east coast. Don't know their names. Both children of my father.

And I have a brother, that comes from someone other than my dad. (Who is dead or in jail or high somewhere.)

And my mom has no kids with her, and is on the verge of being homeless.

And I'm here, technically adopted by my grandparents, thus making a lot of aunts and uncles my brothers and sisters.

So yes.... The moral of the story is this: If you do drugs, there might be negative consequences, especially for people other than yourself.
(Hence my dad nearly shooting my mom. Fortunately, the bullet missed her.)

[edit]I'm the lucky one, I suppose. My grandpa was a civil engineer, so he's intelligent/well off. My younger brother is stuck with these two large old women. One of them sits on the couch all day and rather than going to the bathroom will just wet herself on the couch...

What a wonderful world this is.
2005-10-22, 11:45 PM #13
Let's see:

obnoxious *****y sister of 24

bi-polar schizo crazy-*** brother of 27

and I'm the baby at 22. :p
-Hell Raiser
2005-10-23, 12:53 AM #14
I'm all by my lonesome.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-10-23, 1:05 AM #15
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
My step-brother lives in New Jersey and my sister goes to the same university I do (and also posts on this website.)

Yep, except he's the brother that goes to the same university that I do. And the brother in NJ isn't our step-brother, he's our half-brother.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-23, 1:05 AM #16
Heh. I thought things like that happen mostly in movies, Kirby.

I have an older brother half the nation away from me.

Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
Yep, except he's the brother that goes to the same university that I do. And the brother in NJ isn't our step-brother, he's our half-brother.

Hah. That sounds exactly like a sibling-sibling conversation...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-23, 1:31 AM #17
I am technically an only child, though I have half/step-siblings living all over the state. I dunno my dad that well.

-I hope he doesn't chop my hand off someday.
2005-10-23, 1:59 AM #18
why dont you marry her. nah thats cool. i have an older brother and sister. i think a brother the same age would be the coolest. then would have some one to play with instead of been beaten up over the remote.
Take that there and put it in here
2005-10-23, 5:16 AM #19
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Um... post your... siblings?

I dont speak of him...ever.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-23, 5:57 AM #20
After he's in the box you don't talk about him?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-23, 6:03 AM #21
I have three half brothers, one of them in the UK. I used to have a younger sister.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-10-23, 6:31 AM #22
I have an older brother, he's annoying.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-10-23, 6:38 AM #23
I have a sister and a nephew.
Any of you that can remember me from years ago will know something extra...
2005-10-23, 7:41 AM #24
Originally posted by gbk:
I dont speak of him...ever.

Understandable Dude.... :(

Ah well, worse things have happened.

I have a brother, called Miles, but he changed his name to Bradley.

Get on well with him, he's like a mate, we have a good laugh, and he loves my music.
Attachment: 8005/bradley2.jpg (37,776 bytes)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-23, 7:49 AM #25
Well, I'm an only child, no siblings at all! Woohoo!

*dances* ...alone :(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-23, 9:47 AM #26
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:

Pfft.. minor details.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-23, 11:38 AM #27
Congratulations, Kirby. Thats got to be a great feeling.

I've got a half-brother and half-sister that I've never met. I feel really weird about trying to talk to them, because I don't know the entire story behind why my dad hasn't seen them for 20 years. Hell, I didn't know that they existed until I was about 14. He never talks about them, ever. I guess I figure that if I started a conversation with them it would be negative because I was the one with my dad or they would associate their hate for my dad on me.
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see." - George Berkeley
2005-10-23, 12:05 PM #28
just 1 sister shes 23 graduated from college and married, (or as my parents would say, everything im not) shes cool though we get along well.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-10-23, 12:12 PM #29
younger brother, I talk to him occasionally :P

I lived in the dorm for 2 years so I've been away from home awhile.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-10-23, 12:16 PM #30
I have two younger sisters, one two years younger than me, and the other eleven years younger. I don't like either of them. Well, I guess the younger one can be funny at times, but still not exactly my best friend.
2005-10-23, 2:11 PM #31
Well, I have a brother who's a year younger than I. He's 2 hours away from me right now as I'm away at college. I have an older half-brother who's 33, close to twice my age. He's also about 2 hours away. Yeah, same dad. My dad was almost 11 years older than my mom, so what can I say.
2005-10-23, 2:39 PM #32
Two half sisters, 7 and 9 years younger than me. I don't really know them, but I'd like to eventually.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!