Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Shadow of the Colossus
Shadow of the Colossus
2005-10-23, 10:50 PM #1
This is going to be the most incredible game ever. It's from the makers of ICO, and is set in the same world. I haven't played either yet :gbk: , but just looking at the screenshots and the official website has made me fall in love with it. It's a game that promises to be an epic and is definitely a good break from all the mainstream games that have been coming out recently. I want to go out and buy this game and a PS2. I saw someone mention it in another thread. Is anyone else as excited as I am about this game?

The Official Site
A random review :D
Some screen shots
Your skill in reading has increased by 1 point.
2005-10-23, 10:56 PM #2
I've killed the first 11 Colossi. It's pretty amazing, I tell you. Each battle feels epic. All around fun game.
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see." - George Berkeley
2005-10-23, 10:57 PM #3
I like whoever designed that big green monster thingy.
2005-10-23, 11:12 PM #4
I whish i had a PS2 so i could play it... :(

*holds out empty cardboard box and looks hopefully at the passers by*
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2005-10-23, 11:14 PM #5
Reminds me of this.
Attachment: 8021/vaderbeggar.jpg (141,797 bytes)
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see." - George Berkeley
2005-10-23, 11:51 PM #6
I should would love to play this game, but I don't have a PS2. I'm debating wether or not I should buy one, or hold out for a PS3. That's the most appealing thing to the PS3 to me: Its backward compatability.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-10-24, 5:28 AM #7
Waiting for it to come out on PSP.

\m/
D E A T H
2005-10-24, 7:36 AM #8
I'm most likely going to borrow a PS2 and give a whole weekend to this
Your skill in reading has increased by 1 point.
2005-10-24, 3:38 PM #9
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Waiting for it to come out on PSP.

\m/[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it will? 'Cause that's what I'll do!
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-10-24, 4:24 PM #10
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]Are you sure it will? 'Cause that's what I'll do![/QUOTE]

Nope, but there are rumors floating around when the ICO team said it was a possibility.
D E A T H
2005-10-24, 4:27 PM #11
Eh, the boss battles were engaging and fun, but I really hated the rest of the game. When the EXACT SAME THING happens every single time you kill one, and when the ONLY THING to do in the game is find lizards, treck for colossi, and try to find jumps for your horse... well, it gets sort of boring. The actual colossi battles were somewhat fun, but rather simplistic. Find the weak-spot, stab, repeate. I really would have liked more control over my character, and some more gameplay. I really think this game is a great nudge to other game developers to think a bit bigger with their games. This one has a lot of fantastic concepts that would make an already good game amazing. Games like GTA, Splinter Cell, FF, etc. Those really big titles that have fantastic and solid games, but nothing that really makes you go "wow."

If shadow had an engaging storyline, took better advantage of the fantastic world they created, and the way you get around that world, and if they overall added some content to the game, I would have probably considered it my favorite game of all times. Currently, it's just one of my most memorable gaming experiences of all times, but overall, a disapointing game with some amazing concepts that need to be standard in other games.

Basically, every game needs horse-riding like this one has it. Ever. Single. Game. Mechwarrior? Horse-riding missions. HL2? You need to ride a horse to go back in time. I don't care. More horse riding.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-24, 7:55 PM #12
*I* was actually just about to make a thread on this...beat me to it.

I'm actually going to be picking it up this weekend. It looks amazing. The graphics look wicked, and the colossi look so mean!
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-10-24, 8:07 PM #13
It was kinda slow at work today so we whiped out the Demo disc that we got in last weeks shipment and threw it into the Demo PS2 display at the front of the store, my self and a co-worker had fun for about an hour or so playing the demo.

I enjoyed it, the control scheme is odd, but you get used to is after a while and it becomes second nature. over all, if my PS2 was working properly, I'd pick up a copy of the game myself.
The Gas Station
2005-10-24, 9:14 PM #14
I have always wanted a game that is truly truly "open", that isn't an MMORPG. This looks to satisfy my needs.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-10-24, 9:56 PM #15
I played this game in EB, and fell in love with it. It's probably the next game I'm going to buy, unless something better comes up.
2005-10-25, 2:08 AM #16
the game's amazing, that it is. i'll pick up a copy when i get the chance :]
Mmmm.

↑ Up to the top!