Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My face! My beautiful face!
My face! My beautiful face!
2005-10-26, 9:20 AM #1
Well I just got my wisdom teeth yanked. The top ones were fine, but my lower left tooth had to be chiseled away in parts. Apparently the process took only half an hour, but whatever drug I was on did it's work well. I can't remember a thing. Now with the gauss and swelling, I look like a frickin' chipmunk! They gave me some sort of drug to take. Starts with a P, but that's all I remember.

So, share your gruesome/not so gruesome dental stories.
2005-10-26, 10:08 AM #2
They put me out to get my wisdom teeth out. When I woke up I felt fine, but on the way home I barfed up some fluid out the window. After that I was fine. I didn't swell and I didn't take any pain killers. The worst part is the gap feeling, the slime in the mouth, and the constant fear that you'll get a DRY SOCKET.
2005-10-26, 10:11 AM #3
I only got one wisdom tooth taken out.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-26, 10:14 AM #4
Did all four of mine and my sisters at the same time. Their gas was some good **** though, the "count to 10" might've made it to 2..
When I woke up I had no short-term memory at all, must've been 10 minutes or so before I was self-aware again. My first real memory is crawling (because standing would've killed me) over to my crying drugged-up sister trying to tell her it's okay in a toddler voice (becaise that was my mental capactity at the time).
Lived in front of the TV in the recliner for a few days, and taking a lot of Vicodin :cool:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-26, 10:19 AM #5
I got knocked out too; before they took mine out. Anasthesia is weird, man. I went in there thinking that I wanted to see how long I could fight it and stay awake, but it isn't like that.

Yep, I was out like a light; then I remember waking up in a haze and having my dad help me get to the car... then I was out of commission for a couple of days. Not too much blood or swelling or anything too bad; but it wasn't an experience I want to go through again...
Stuff
2005-10-26, 11:14 AM #6
I was awake during mine, they just numbed it. I've never had a more surreal or disturbing physical experience as sitting there feeling the pressure but no pain as the dentist leaned over me and pryed and pryed. I still remember her saying to the assistant, "****, we have a bleeder."
2005-10-26, 11:41 AM #7
Originally posted by kyle90:
Anasthesia is weird, man. I went in there thinking that I wanted to see how long I could fight it and stay awake, but it isn't like that.

Heh. I had the same idea. But like Darkjedibob said, you can't hear them counting too high before the consciousness shuts down.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-26, 11:44 AM #8
Originally posted by Masq:
I was awake during mine, they just numbed it. I've never had a more surreal or disturbing physical experience as sitting there feeling the pressure but no pain as the dentist leaned over me and pryed and pryed. I still remember her saying to the assistant, "****, we have a bleeder."

Wow. That's weird. Did you have a choice between being knocked out or awake?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-26, 12:16 PM #9

I was going to do the manly thing, and go with only the freezing too, but he didn't give me the option. Probably for the best. I'm told the extraction of the lower tooth was no walk in the park
2005-10-26, 12:18 PM #10
i have all my wisdom teeth but i've had 11 teeth in total removed because of overcrowding.

First time I got gassed and 9 teeth were removed, i felt like a zombie and i didnt know what was going on.

Second time I had to go to hospital, I was given a general anasthetic because they had to cut the teeth out the roof of my mouth, as they hadn't come through and were in an arkward place, god does that stuff kick your arse, they inject you with a huge amount of this white gunky stuff, then you open your eyes and you feel weird.

I want some of the pre-op drug stuff for personal use :cool:
2005-10-26, 12:39 PM #11
no experience. but one of my wisdom teeth feels like it's comming in side ways (well looks like, it doeset hert), so i might have a story yet.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-10-26, 1:12 PM #12
One of mine came in sideways, left a nice pocket that took almost 2 months to fully seal properly
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-26, 1:13 PM #13
Originally posted by Elana14:
no experience. but one of my wisdom teeth feels like it's comming in side ways (well looks like, it doeset hert), so i might have a story yet.

One of mine was coming in sideways; they had to split in half to remove it.
2005-10-26, 1:31 PM #14
As a result of having a dozen surgical operations during my childhood, I don't like general anasthetic, or even the smell of alcohol (last thing I smell before I black out... they clean the hospital stuff with it to kill the germs).

I've always had dentristry stuff done with novacane (the stuff they inject you with to numb you). My mom doesn't like novacane for some reason. It leaves you numb sure, but that's better than pain...

2005-10-26, 1:33 PM #15
One of mine came through sideways- my dentist says as long as it's not causing any problems, it can stay in there :D

I've only had 4 teeth removed, 2 from the top and 2 from the bottom- and that was when I had to have a brace- no gas just a bigass numbing injection and a lot of yanking :D it was fun- when I came out i couldn't feel the lower half of my face, and I had to hold a tissue to my mouth to stop myself from dribbling heh ;)
Visit: Alcopedia.net the Alcoholic Encyclopedia

The user formerly known as EL3CTRO.
2005-10-26, 3:35 PM #16
Both of my bottom wisdom teeth are coming in facing forwards, so I'm gonna have to get all 4 pulled during Christmas break.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-10-26, 3:41 PM #17
I remember getting gassed when i got circumsized. That was pretty cool.
Take that there and put it in here
2005-10-26, 4:53 PM #18
I was awake for mine. They didn't put enough novocaine on the one side of my mouth, so it hurt quite a bit when he twisted the tooth out. Oh well, at least the other three didn't hurt.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-10-26, 4:59 PM #19
My wisdom teeth removal was pretty painless. Like most everyone, I was out cold before I got to "2".

On the way home, I apparently yelled at my mother for no reason really.

During the recovery period, I felt absolutly fine, albeit a bit tired. But no pain or anything really, or no headaches. I could walk around and stuff. Of course it hurt for a while to open your mouth the whole way, or eat some solid food, but that always comes with the operation.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-10-26, 5:40 PM #20

haha i laughed hard at that.
2005-10-26, 6:34 PM #21
I'll need to have mine pulled at some point.

As for the gas thing, from my previous surgeries, I have a funny story.

My last surgery, they put the gas mask on, and told me to count to 10. Now, I knew better, that I wouldn't make it past 5, but I counted anyway...

I made it to 10, and the doc was just staring at me, amazed. He turns around, and then says "Oh, guess it helps if I turn the gas on."

Then I went out immediately :D
2005-10-26, 6:59 PM #22
I had mine cut out, and I don't remember a lot... what happened was...

I walked in, and they laid me down in a chair. then they told me they were gonna freeze my arm so I wouldn't feel the IV going in. so they took out a spray can and sprayed my arm, and it was a little cold.. then they put the needle in, and i didn't feel it.. after a few seconds I felt a stinging in my shoulder (i'd expect it was heading for my heart) so I was going to mention it to the doctors, but I never got a chance.. when i woke up, I remember trying to talk (maybe I was trying to tell them about the burning in my shoulder?! i dunno.. I can't remember... but all I know was it was important, cause I tried talking like 3 times, and the nurse who was walking me to the waiting room kept telling me not to talk. They gave me Vicatin (probably not spelled right)
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-10-26, 8:23 PM #23
I got mine taken out sometime during high school. I came in, got injected, passed out, had them cut, and went back home. I was pretty groggy the rest of the day, but I was able to go to school the next day with little trouble. I did stop by the dentist's office for them to pack the sockets before I went in to school though. That usually kept me going pretty good until lunchtime, when I would remove the packs and down some painkillers. Then drive home 3 hours later. It felt kind of miserable for a little bit, but not nearly as bad as it could have. Pain went away after about 4-5 days. Not too much swelling either. :D
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-26, 8:26 PM #24
Yeah, I had all of mine out at once. The only problems I had was keeping down food the day after. But other than that, I pretty much just kicked back and watched Miami Vice. And the anasthesia was also a very surreal experience. The gas was the best part, though. Just sitting in an empty office with a tube sticking out of my arm, without a care in the world. I remember trying to see how long I could go without moving my body (except for breathing, of course).
2005-10-27, 7:30 AM #25
when i had 4 teeth out at once, I was ill from the painkillers, and when they wore off, I was just hanging over the basin dribbling and bleeding and moaning.

Happy times :gbk:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-27, 7:55 AM #26
Originally posted by SithGhost:
One of mine was coming in sideways; they had to split in half to remove it.

thanks, that really helps. :p
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-10-27, 8:02 AM #27
I went with the freezing, because I like to know whats going on when somethings being done.
They make a cool noise when they come out though. Its like "pop"

↑ Up to the top!