Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → spike tv and star wars
spike tv and star wars
2005-10-26, 2:08 PM #1
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11625

have you all seen this yet?
spike tv bought the cable broadcast rights to star wars. all six of 'em.
2005-10-26, 2:24 PM #2
How does Spike afford this? All of the James Bond movies must have cost a fortune, and I'm sure all six of the Star Wars movies aren't cheap either.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-10-26, 2:34 PM #3
Alls I know is Spike provides me with 5 hours of Star trek Goodness every day, and has managed to reestablish my love for the franchise. GO SPIKE!
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-10-26, 2:46 PM #4
Well when Spike Lee sued them for using "his name" they won and took his money.*

*Not true. Well maybe it is. I dunno.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-26, 2:49 PM #5
Ooh...Spike TV! I love that Star Trek block of their's and they usually play good movies. Yay TV that doesn't suck!
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-26, 2:49 PM #6
All I recall about that is it delayed the change to the new name. Dunno about what happened monetarywise.

2005-10-26, 9:17 PM #7
Originally posted by Whelly:
How does Spike afford this? All of the James Bond movies must have cost a fortune, and I'm sure all six of the Star Wars movies aren't cheap either.

Heard about this a while ago, and they did pay a butt load for the rights.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-26, 10:07 PM #8
Spike has Ultimate Fighting, there for it rules.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!