Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How long before Jack Thompson spews on America's Army and angers the armed forces?
How long before Jack Thompson spews on America's Army and angers the armed forces?
2005-10-27, 8:11 PM #41
Well, I guess he could go after Counterstrike and say, "WTF these guys can play as terrorists. THE TERRORISTS COULD WIN."

Just ignore the nutjob.

Oh, and Fancy, that was a long title.
2005-10-27, 8:53 PM #42
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Rob, **** you. You don't have any right to slander soldiers serving in the United States Army.

And you don't have any room to have an opinion on the subject, you para-military wannabe little Napoleon.
2005-10-27, 8:56 PM #43
Originally posted by Rob:
And you don't have any room to have an opinion on the subject, you para-military wannabe little Napoleon.

You guys are both stupid. STFU and go ***** at each other on aim, this was a perfectly good thread before you guys got here.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-27, 9:02 PM #44
No, it's great. I love Rob's insults. They're perfect. :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-27, 9:15 PM #45
I don't insult people.

I hash out reality as I see it.

If you don't like that.. thats too bad. An over developed sense of reality is often never appreciated. :(
2005-10-28, 12:30 PM #46
It's still an assanine thing to say. The soldiers give him the very right to say ****ty things about them, he could atleast serve them some respect.

If you should only say good things about the soldiers that give you the right to say bad things, what is the point of the soldiers?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-10-28, 3:15 PM #47
Originally posted by Freelancer:
2. Soldiers are preserving our rights today? That's highly arguable.

I can't imagine, if we had no soldiers, that it'd be long before someone or several someones decided to grab a chunk of America.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-10-28, 7:49 PM #48
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
If you should only say good things about the soldiers that give you the right to say bad things, what is the point of the soldiers?

Well I wouldn't see any reason to say any bad things about them, that's all. I'm just kind of fed up with the lack of respect.
2005-10-28, 7:54 PM #49
Originally posted by BurrBoy:
Sure he does, it's called the right to free speech. It's in the Bill Of Rights.

Not that I agree, but he can say whatever the hell he wants.

"I don't have to agree with what you say but I'll die for the right for you to say it" - Peter Griffen
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-28, 8:14 PM #50
Well I wouldn't see any reason to say any bad things about them, that's all. I'm just kind of fed up with the lack of respect.

Your reasons or lack thereof != other peoples
They have the right to dog the guys fighting for their right to dog guys fighting for their rights just like you have the right to dog the guys dogging the guys fighting for the rights. You're both wrong and right.
</sarcasm>
2005-10-28, 8:16 PM #51
I know I know, my opinion was a little whacky, I'm just straining to understand why anyone WOULD disrespect them, that's all.
2005-10-28, 8:18 PM #52
I know I know, my opinion was a little whacky, I'm just straining to understand why anyone WOULD disrespect them, that's all.

Honestly, I agree with you to a point. The soldiers don't pick what wars to fight...but that doesn't mean that none of them join up because they believe strongly for what they're fighting for.

Generalizing is bad, though, in general...

(besides, wasn't his point about the tools who join up because they felt 1337 in a video game?)
</sarcasm>
2005-10-28, 8:34 PM #53
Yeah it was.

Now quit being stupid, and get back to the thread.

Jack Thompson is a moron.

HOWEVER, I do believe there is something to be said about the marketing of what is obviously adult material.

The ESRB rating system is god damn useless, if you ask me.

I think it'd be neato torpedo of modern consoles had something like the V-chip, that wouldn't allow your child to play a game that wasn't within acceptable age ratings that the parent sets.

Or you know.. people could like, ACTUALLY parent their children.. and keep track of what they do, and watch.

And yeah, I know they can just play it at a friends house. But you see, you could also DISCIPLINE YOUR CHILDREN.

Apples to Oranges kids, the goverment needs to do something, but the parents need to do something first.
2005-10-28, 8:56 PM #54
Indeed on the parenting thing. The ESRB ratings are tools for parents to make decisions about what their kids play. They could take some responsibility, but that's not as easy as blaming someone else.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-28, 11:29 PM #55
Or you can just screw it and let your three year old play GTA. That's what I'd do.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-29, 12:22 AM #56
[http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~amcclure/f/thompsonwatch.gif]
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-10-29, 12:23 AM #57
Originally posted by Deadman:
[http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~amcclure/f/thompsonwatch.gif]

You can get shirts that say that too!
</sarcasm>
2005-10-29, 12:32 AM #58
Awesome! :D
Pissed Off?
2005-10-29, 1:05 AM #59
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]You can get shirts that say that too![/QUOTE]

I want one!
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!