Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sociopaths of society
Sociopaths of society
2005-10-27, 3:15 PM #1
Virus creators need to be found, taken into custody, tortured within an inch of their life, brought back, tortured again, brought back, then strapped to a cold metal table with a vice grip on their [not sure if I'm allowed to say it here] for two weeks and then systematically ripped apart, piece by piece.

If you can't tell, my computer got a virus in it and I'm extremely pissed, since nothing I do seems to get rid of it and I really need to vent. While it may seem like an overreaction to you guys, I believe right now all these virus creators need to just kill themselves.

Now I'm going to go punch something.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-10-27, 3:30 PM #2
That sucks bro :(

I feel for ya... I've had some minor annoying BS, but nothing serious...

I don't agree with your reccomendations for punishment however, but I'm not in your position ;).
2005-10-27, 3:32 PM #3
You need better virus protection.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-27, 3:42 PM #4
Who are these virus programmers? Last time I read about one in a news article, he was a severly overweight individual who owned 7 computers in his home, stayed indoor to program for hours and hours for no money or fame. (I think)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-27, 3:43 PM #5
Completely updated McAffee anti-virus and firewall, spybot, and spy sweeper.

Evidently I'm not the only one that has fallen prey to StartPage-DU.dll who has a good firewall.
2005-10-27, 3:43 PM #6
ReT?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-27, 3:44 PM #7
Well, where/how do you think you got the virus? Email attachments?
2005-10-27, 4:09 PM #8
I must be special, I don't run virus protection or a firewall. I don't even get spyware. :confused:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-10-27, 4:27 PM #9
How do you know you don't have spyware?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-10-27, 4:30 PM #10
Originally posted by Sol:
I must be special, I don't run virus protection or a firewall. I don't even get spyware. :confused:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Pissed Off?
2005-10-27, 5:14 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
ReT?

You say some really stupid **** that makes me laugh at you :)
2005-10-27, 5:16 PM #12
I don't run any virus software, and I've been virus free for 3 years. Same with spyware.
2005-10-27, 5:16 PM #13
^ ReT?
2005-10-27, 9:46 PM #14
Well, I finally got rid of the virus. It's known as Home Search Assistant, Home Search, Only the Best, Shopping Wizard, and CWS_NS3.

btw, [url=www.bleepingcomputer.com]These guys[/url] > All.
2005-10-27, 9:57 PM #15
[http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/Haoileain/hammertime.jpg]

[http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/unc/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/57383.jpeg]
2005-10-28, 4:08 AM #16
I've said it once and I'll say it again....

Blame it on the fat ugly little american kidz who have no friends and get back at society by making viruses.

These beings also sometimes become Orcs, and plague Middle Earth of Lord of the Rings
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-28, 5:25 AM #17
Ive always had a sneaking suspicion that most viruses are witten in a secret lab underneath Symantec's headquarters...

Originally posted by Ruthven:
I've said it once and I'll say it again....

Blame it on the fat ugly little american kidz who have no friends and get back at society by making viruses...

Dont forget about the Russian, Finnish, and Hungarian teenagers.

Oh yeah, and the British too... ;)
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-28, 5:27 AM #18
In my expirience not starting a virus and not running programs that do that for you is a very effective virus-protection...
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-28, 10:38 AM #19
Originally posted by gbk:
Ive always had a sneaking suspicion that most viruses are witten in a secret lab underneath Symantec's headquarters...

Heh..
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-28, 6:59 PM #20
Originally posted by Echoman:
Who are these virus programmers? Last time I read about one in a news article, he was a severly overweight individual who owned 7 computers in his home, stayed indoor to program for hours and hours for no money or fame. (I think)

I resent that, I personally own 6 computers (8 if you count my two xboxs ;)), and have 9 in my house total (not including xboxen).
2005-10-28, 7:21 PM #21
Actually, you might not be so accurate with your description of "hackers."
Ok, so now it still is..
Money can be made off screwing up computers and networks, and I don't think it's going to be long before we see non, 40 year old fat slobs living in their parents basement with 7 computers, learning to "hack" for a profession.
2005-10-28, 7:23 PM #22
Originally posted by Impi:
In my expirience not starting a virus and not running programs that do that for you is a very effective virus-protection...

That's kind of hard to do when you get it from the internet with no warning and it is activated by internet browsers.
2005-10-28, 9:01 PM #23
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]That's kind of hard to do when you get it from the internet with no warning and it is activated by internet browsers.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps if you don't have Windows XP Service Pack 2.
2005-10-29, 12:12 AM #24
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]That's kind of hard to do when you get it from the internet with no warning and it is activated by internet browsers.[/QUOTE]
What? Sorry, all I could hear was the word "FIREFOX!!!" being screamed by the voice in my head.

Originally posted by Sol:

Sorry, what was your IP again? ;)
2005-10-29, 12:14 AM #25
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Actually, you might not be so accurate with your description of "hackers."
Ok, so now it still is..
Money can be made off screwing up computers and networks, and I don't think it's going to be long before we see non, 40 year old fat slobs living in their parents basement with 7 computers, learning to "hack" for a profession.[/QUOTE]
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-29, 3:54 AM #26

I've highlighted the important bit:

That includes browsers, IMs, services, etc.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-29, 5:57 AM #27
in fact, just never turn your computer on.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-10-29, 6:15 AM #28
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]nothing I do seems to get rid of it[/QUOTE]

Try booting into safe mode. Then run your virus scanner from there. It might have an easier time removing it.

2005-10-29, 9:01 AM #29
JIGGLE THE CABLE!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-10-29, 9:13 AM #30
I hear that if you heat something up to like water boiling temperature, all the bacteria and viruses in it will die. You should try that.
2005-10-29, 9:16 AM #31
Plus, if you boil your computer, it will get it clean.

Especially if you use induction heating.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-10-29, 10:43 AM #32
I think I know what virus it is. Let me tell you. Try deactivating your system restore, then take the virus off... some viruses use system restore to repeatendly come back on every boot you make.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-10-29, 10:47 AM #33
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Actually, you might not be so accurate with your description of "hackers."
Ok, so now it still is..
Money can be made off screwing up computers and networks, and I don't think it's going to be long before we see non, 40 year old fat slobs living in their parents basement with 7 computers, learning to "hack" for a profession.[/QUOTE]Yeah, well cyberpunk writers have been saying that since the '80s, and it's yet to happen.

↑ Up to the top!