Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mousetraps.
Mousetraps.
2005-11-27, 12:07 PM #41
Yes I know current fries things. Like you said, enough voltage to push the current through the mouse, and I thought 30,000v would be a safe amount, but I don't know how many ohms of resistance a mouse has. Could somebody with a dead mouse measure the resistance for me and kyle? Then we can start frying. :D
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-11-27, 12:14 PM #42
If I remember correctly, ~70 volts will push current through a human. So assuming it's about the same for a mouse.... well, 120 VAC should do the trick quite nicely; it's also easy to obtain. 30,000 just seems like quite a bit of overkill; and I don't know where you'd get enough power to have a reasonable amount of current.
Stuff
2005-11-27, 12:23 PM #43
Originally posted by kyle90:
30,000 just seems like quite a bit of overkill; and I don't know where you'd get enough power to have a reasonable amount of current.

Of all the people in the world, I'm sure you could find a way :)
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-11-27, 12:25 PM #44
*glances at homemade cap bank*

<_<
>_>

Whatever could you mean? :em321:
Stuff
2005-11-27, 12:28 PM #45
How much does your cap bank spit out?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-11-28, 4:33 AM #46
There probably big design flaws. Anyone come up with a custom mouse trap?
Attachment: 8877/mouse.jpg (15,294 bytes)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-28, 7:57 AM #47
It would probably work better with flash paper or solid combustables, since the fumes of anything seriously flammable would mask the smell of the bait if not drive the mouse away. If you could find something with no smell though, I think it'd be better to fumigate it, so the damn thing just explodes (flint may also work better than a match)
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-11-28, 5:19 PM #48
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Yes I know current fries things. Like you said, enough voltage to push the current through the mouse, and I thought 30,000v would be a safe amount, but I don't know how many ohms of resistance a mouse has. Could somebody with a dead mouse measure the resistance for me and kyle? Then we can start frying. :D

30k volts would probably incinerate it.
2005-11-28, 5:33 PM #49
Depends, with enough current yes. Then you have your classic get shocked by static electricity on the door handle, which does nothing to you, that is about 20,000v. So it depends.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-11-28, 7:53 PM #50
Originally posted by Spork:
Get a cat, let nature takes its course.

My cats are scared of mice. :(
2005-11-28, 7:57 PM #51
Yea, my mold cat was like that, my new cat eats every living thing in sight. It even was about to eat a centipede (yes I get these things in my house).
2005-11-28, 8:04 PM #52
Haha! I get centipedes in my basement. My cats eat most small bugs. Especially flies, I guess they are fun to chase around. :p
2005-11-29, 9:54 AM #53
Trying to get a cat to kill the mice can be hit or miss because it all depends on the personality of the cat and what environment the cat grew up in.

If you have a cat that has always lived indoors and never seen a mouse before, chances are they'll be too stupid to know what to do with the mouse during their first encounters with one. They would either just stare at the mouse and think "Ooo, what's that?" or they'll think "Oooo, it moves! It must be a toy!" and would chase it around but not kill it. Sometimes they'll kill it and then go "Bummer, it don't move no more!" and leave it there.

Yes, cats can be dumb like that. Thankfully I have a cat that has spend most of her days outside so she knows what to do with mice. Unfortunately she likes to torture them for a good 15 minutes before killing it and she sometimes just leaves it dead instead of eating it.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!