Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Terri Shavio (sp?)
Terri Shavio (sp?)
2005-11-27, 5:47 PM #1
Ok, I avoided the whole issue because everyone was being extremely emotional and irrational about it. What happened? Was she actually brain dead? Was the evidence for her being brain dead over whelming over the expert witnesses that said that she wasn't? Does anyone have facts? Thank you.
2005-11-27, 5:48 PM #2
Google Terry Schivo autopsy results.
Pissed Off?
2005-11-27, 5:50 PM #3
Ill give it 10 Mins till this turns into an EPIC flamewar. :gbk: idiots
2005-11-27, 5:53 PM #4
Oh BTW, if any of you decide to start flaming, you are an idiot and a waste of oxygen. Go play chicken with semis on the free-way.
*cough*

Anyone know any good unbiased articles? I have a feeling that 99% of the things I'm going the read are going to be extremely biased pieces of emotional crap.
2005-11-27, 5:56 PM #5
Let dead dogs lie.

And I find some irony in your looking for unbiased articles instead of 'emotional crap' right above a sig that claims that 'logic is for wusses'...
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-11-27, 5:57 PM #6
I just want to know some facts so I know what happend.
2005-11-27, 5:58 PM #7
Google it. Don't expect us to do it for you.
2005-11-27, 6:00 PM #8
I've been looking for a chance to post this for its actual use (i.e.) not a show off funny pics thread)
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-11-27, 6:00 PM #9
Hence you look for autopsy results.
Pissed Off?
2005-11-27, 6:19 PM #10
The autopsy didn't seem conclusive. Her brain was half it normal size, but that apparently did not conclusively prove that she was necessarily brain dead. With evidence for and against, would it have hurt if the judge just let her parents have her?
2005-11-27, 6:21 PM #11
There was a lot more to the autopsy than that. You're think of he MRIs from when she was still alive.
Pissed Off?
2005-11-27, 6:23 PM #12
Really? That's the stuff the articals on her autopsy gave me. Do you have any good links?
2005-11-27, 6:25 PM #13
Nope. That's why google is your friend.
Pissed Off?
2005-11-27, 6:26 PM #14
Maybe some from here:

http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=30696

You even posted there.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-27, 6:28 PM #15
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-04,GGLD:en&q=Terri+schiavo+autopsy+results&spell=1

That's all I get. A bunch of totally uninformative versions of the same article.
2005-11-27, 6:31 PM #16
I see informative articles.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-27, 6:31 PM #17
This thread is useless.
2005-11-27, 6:37 PM #18
Originally posted by Echoman:
I see informative articles.

Which all stopped short of actually givning a conlusive statment. Do we know if she was persistant vegitative or not? For sure?
2005-11-27, 6:43 PM #19
I'm pretty much indifferent to the whole case, but based on what I gathered from both sides, her husband was sleeping with another woman and wanted Terri to die so he could move on, and her parents were obsessive and delusional and refused to accept the reality about their daughter.

And no, if they had folded and let Terri live it would have ended up costing each and every one of you. Nobody short of Bill Gates has enough money to keep someone on life support for like 20 years. Where do you think they got the money?

And she did it to herself, too.

The case didn't deserve nearly as much attention as it got and it's just as irritating to hear about it today as it was then. The only reason anybody cared was because Jeb Bush is a gigantic attention whore who begs his brother for press coverage whenever there's a baby who needs kissing or a dull and tedious cause needing someone to whine.
2005-11-27, 6:46 PM #20
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Which all stopped short of actually givning a conlusive statment. Do we know if she was persistant vegitative or not? For sure?

Brain tissue doesn't grow back, Obi. And the first stuff to go is higher thinking, coordination, vision and hearing and whatnot. She was never going to recover. Ever.
2005-11-27, 7:00 PM #21
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Oh BTW, if any of you decide to start flaming, you are an idiot and a waste of oxygen.

THE IRONY IS SO THINK I CAN CUT IT WITH A PROVERBIAL KNIFE (nocaps)

2005-11-27, 7:05 PM #22
And so the EPIC flamewar begins. *cues Wagner*
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-11-27, 7:08 PM #23
Oh, she did eventually die? Shows how much I payed attention..
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-11-27, 7:12 PM #24
Why can't we just move past this? Why does this thread even exist?
2005-11-27, 7:15 PM #25
You really were better off using Google to answer this question. Look above this post to see why.

$5 says I close this thread before midnight?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-11-27, 7:27 PM #26
Probably yes JG, but until then...

Originally posted by alpha1:
I've been looking for a chance to post this for its actual use (i.e.) not a show off funny pics thread)

<3
2005-11-27, 7:45 PM #27
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
You really were better off using Google to answer this question. Look above this post to see why.

$5 says I close this thread before midnight?

I see you'r 5$ and bet 14 cookies for closing.
2005-11-27, 8:39 PM #28
I sense that this thread is already on life support and it's time to pull the plug.
2005-11-27, 8:41 PM #29
But its parents never said it should close!
BRING IN THE SENATE!
2005-11-27, 8:41 PM #30
Wouldn't her having a brain be even more of a reason to pull the tube?

"I have the ability to do great things, but no way of doing them. They just asked me 'yellow' or 'blue' and I want 'orange' and I can't even say so. Blink 3 times for yes? I don't have control over any of my damn functions... aren't I supposed to be the retard?"

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-11-27, 8:45 PM #31
You really should have paid attention and gotten sick of hearing about it like the rest of us. No one wants to think about it enough to answer you now.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-11-27, 9:33 PM #32
There has not been a single "issue" in the last two years that I've hated more than this one.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-11-29, 11:16 AM #33
Terri Schiavo is very alive.

It's the name of one of my zombies in COV.

She used to mumble incoherently, but I took that off. I was trying to get one of the other zombies to respond to the mumbling with "LOOK, TERRI SCHIAVO IS ALIVE SHE'S TELLING US SHE WANTS TO LIVE!" However I could never figure out how to get another zombie to respond.

I was even going to have another zombie argue that she was in a persistent vegitative state and had no cognitive thought what-so-ever, but alas.. didn't get that far and gave up.

Surprisingly, everyone has had positive comments about the Terri Schiavo zombie. Being a Villain rocks hardcore.
2005-11-29, 11:57 AM #34
Ha, that made this thread worth it.

However, she still would not be alive, merely undead.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-11-29, 12:14 PM #35
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Brain tissue doesn't grow back, Obi.

Not quite, but in this case, pretty much. Yeah, she was basically gone.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-11-29, 2:12 PM #36
Originally posted by Emon:
Not quite, but in this case, pretty much. Yeah, she was basically gone.

No wait, I take back my previous statement.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD! YOU SEE, AS LONG AS SHE IS ALIVE, THERE'S HOPE THAT GOD IS GOING TO ANSWER THE SELFISH PRAYERS OF A COUPLE TO REANIMATE A BRAINDEAD HUSK! PRAAAAAISE THE LORD!

I think we should resurrect Jewish Theurgy to help people like this. And, just in case it doesn't work, the dark arts of Necromancy!
2005-11-29, 3:20 PM #37
Uh, wtf? I was just commenting that brain tissue can grow back. Any recent psychology text for an intro course should mention it during brain development chapters, specifically on the topic of brain plasticity.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-11-29, 3:21 PM #38
Originally posted by Emon:
Uh, wtf? I was just commenting that brain tissue can grow back. Any recent psychology text for an intro course should mention it during brain development chapters, specifically on the topic of brain plasticity.

No, I didn't disagree. I was mocking the reasoning of the people who wanted her festering corpse to stay "alive". Be it through technology, prayer/theurgy, or darker arts (necromancy/lawyering)
2005-12-01, 9:10 AM #39
The real answer of course is:

we should all *hope* that she was braindead (and she was). Noone deserves the unspeakably tragic hell a person with a fully operational mind trapped in a entirely broken body would go through.
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-12-01, 9:18 AM #40
Tenchu, the whole argument is weather she is brain dead or not. It's not a forgone conclusion.

↑ Up to the top!