Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ranthread
Ranthread
2005-11-27, 8:54 PM #1
Introducing: The THREAD of RANT!

It's a new game I invented. I post a topic, the next person posts a rant, and at the end of their rant, another topic.

Try to keep topics non-argumentative so that the ranter can rant about something they truly feel passionate about. That is, don't say "Microsoft" but instead say "Computers." Don't say "Foreign Cars" say "Vehicles."

The rants shouldn't, in themselves, be argumentative. They should state your opinion, and move on.

I'll start! [Mine's in poetic form :-P]

Do you ever get that taste in your mouth that you recognize?
It could be a smell, too.
Well I know you have, so let’s not dwell on the phenomenon.
What’s peculiar is that it’s good.
It could be the worst taste in the world; it’s good.
The words you use to describe this taste could be accompanied by several 4 letter words.
But you’d love every single second of that taste or smell or what have you.
What I want to know is WHY?
Is it that we’re so content with knowing where we’ve tasted this thing,
That we’re too busy to *****?
That maybe, if we spent so much less of our time *****ing,
We just might enjoy ourselves?

The irony of all this is that I myself am *****ing about people *****ing,
But hey, that’s not the point. We’re all hypocrites and if we can’t get over that than:
We’re being hypocritical.
Catch 22 and I’ve made my point.

The topic: Food. [The next rant is about food, or is food related]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-11-27, 8:55 PM #2
****ing Peice of **** *** dvd player
Electronics
Load of **** ********** cd-drive
2005-11-27, 8:56 PM #3
Not how you play... anyone else?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-11-27, 9:07 PM #4
I'll bite.

My goddamn ****ing cafeteria seemingly thinks it's necessary to cater almost exclusively to the wacko vegitarians and other freaks; therefore making it impossible to get a ****ing decent meal except during those times when they're gracious enough to serve something normal. JUST SERVE CHICKEN! OR BEEF!!! OR ANYTHING!! NO MORE OF THIS "UKRANIAN VEGETABLE MUSHROOM CASSEROLE" BULL****!! JUST A NORMAL MEAL!! FOR ONCE!!!

New topic: slow internet connections.
Stuff
2005-11-27, 9:10 PM #5
OK College is supposed to be the years where I can download **** at insane speeds right? But oh no, not here are a freakin Lutheran School. Every at a quarter past ten, my internet just shuts down. Surfing is slow as hell, downloads aren't much better, and what's worse is that anything not surfing related is TERRIBLE!!! Want to chat with some friends? Hell No, we're gonna set you up with five minutes of lag that prevent you from having any conversation?. Wanna download a podcast? Go right ahead, just free up your schedule for half a god damn day! BAH!

How bout someone tackle the cold?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-11-27, 9:54 PM #6
as in the cold weather? I'll bite - every single blasted morning I have to walk up to the top of an insanely high stupid hill to my first classes in the stupid cold and then, for some reason since my body temperature is somehow NOT NORMAL I'm frickin freezing all throughout the day and I'm sitting here trying to bundle up and still be able to move and everyone else is looking at me like I'm insane. And then there's the heat in my room, which is too hot, but if I open the window it's effing freezing! And this all from someone who LIKES the cold!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-11-27, 9:58 PM #7
Well, your college IS in the freakin' mountains, sugarless, where the walkways are heated to keep ice off them...

That, and you may like the cold, but in my experience, women seem more suseptible to the cold in general. Though that doesn't explain why everyone else at your college isn't cold too...

As for my ranting? Um.... maybe I'll think of something later.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-11-27, 10:02 PM #8
touche, and I never posted another topic - Cellphones
2005-11-27, 11:26 PM #9
If I see another god damn person almost merge into me in traffic because they are on thier cell phone I swear I will kill thier ****ing asses. I swear it happens at least once a day, and what the **** is this with the 10 year olds with cell phones. WHY?

Next Topic: massassi trolls
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-11-27, 11:57 PM #10
The world would be a much happier and brighter place without massassi trolls. I mean how many times have I tried to cross the damn bloody bridge to eat some nice grass and you see these damn bloody trolls jump out and scare the living cahuna outta me and demand that I be eaten. I mean WTF what kind of troll yells out "DATH SHALL NOTETH PASS YEE LITTLE ONE ROLL OVER AND BE EATEN" !?!

Topic: Hippies.
2005-11-28, 2:57 AM #11
I'd take it, but I got nothing agianst hippies.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-11-28, 4:58 AM #12
Hippies? Don't get me started. I mean, I ain't gopt nothing against a make-peace-not-war kinda attitude, but why the **** does that mean you can't shave, cut your hair or buy decent clothing? I don't have to see those pigs in a gutter near me, rotting away because all the goddamn STD's in their body - some of which even unknown to modern day science! Do you have any idea how much better the world would be if those hippes got off their ****ing lazy asses and got a job?

Next topic: LARP.
2005-11-28, 5:15 AM #13
Someone must not have played with you as a child, or maybe you've never heard of theater, but none of this excuses the fact that you're 24 years old, standing in 45 degree weather in short shorts, and calling yourself Drndamin, lord of the Nygles. Did you never masturbate as a kid? Shouldn't you be in college? Here's an idea, how about you 'role play' yourself a goddamn job?

Topic: Public Technology [ATM, Airport checkouts, etc]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-11-28, 6:03 AM #14
WTF is with the brail on the buttons at the drive up ATM windows.. I know people are talking on cellphones, eating, shaving, cooking, and reading the paper while driving.. I just hope to god that there aren't blind people out driving too. Even though 50% of the driving population acts like they can't see.

Next: popular music
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-11-28, 6:09 AM #15
I love it when you come up to an ATM and it takes your card and bluescreens. Don't believe me?

[http://broken.typepad.com/b/images/atm_bluescreen.jpg]

What the hell do you do? You sit there and wait patiently or you freak out because when and if it decides to give back your card, you might not be there and some whack-job is going to get ahold of your moneys.

Why the hell do they make every ATM card a VISA or a Master Card now? Why not give you TWO cards? Doesn't this make more sense? That way, the only way anybody is getting your money is if they know your PIN.

But this damned phenomenon only happens at 12AM when the freaking bank isn't open, and there's no possible way for you to get anybody to help you, save calling the 1800 number posted on the ATM.

You call.

....ring

.....ring

......ring

.......ring

........ring

.........ring

..........ring

...........ring

............ring

FSCKING PICK UP ALREADY!! ARGH!!

When they do pick up, the guy is uncooperative, as you've probably just woken him from his mundane and worthless job where he sits waiting for one of these stupid things to break, and then his only response? "You'll have to call card services and cancel the card if you don't want to wait for the machine."

THIS IS ASSISTANCE!? 24 HOUR FREAKING ATM ASSISTANCE!? This is what the number said it pointed to, but instead, I get Gomer the retard on the phone who says that I'll have to call card services. This is the WORST customer service I've ever exp....

Oh... The ATM rebooted. It spit out my card. Sweet! I'll just pop it in the slot here and enter my pi...

ACK! GOD DAMMIT! WHAT THE HELL!? IT DID IT AGAIN!

[http://broken.typepad.com/b/images/atm_bluescreen.jpg]

Topic: Popular Music (Z@N beat me to this, so we'll use his)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-11-28, 10:02 AM #16
MTV drives me crazy nowadays. I used to tune in for some decent music, but all I get is G-Unit, Evanescence and Korn. Isn't there anything better? Sure there is, but MTV won't play it - because it's not popular, even though beats the crap out of any goddamn Usher song. Sure, he might look 'omgkeeeewwt', but that's no reason for his music to be good. And then we have bands like The Rasmus. Trying to imitate 80's New Wave is cool, but if you can't do it properly, stop ****ing playing it. I also have no interest in knowing how 50 Cent works his *****a's n ho's, yo, and calls it rap. Let's face it: Rap died with Tupac, end of story. Obviously, there's also the obligatory dance crap. What is the purpose of dane music? I'd say it's dancing. Play it in clubs, at parties, but get it the hell off of TV. I don't need to see girls in thongs dancing around to know how good a song is, I'd much rather hear it sometime in a club and see how it works. Gah.

Next topic: George W. Bush. Have fun. :p
2005-11-28, 10:14 AM #17
Jesus Christ Bush you're really starting to annoy me intensely. Your amnesty for illegal immigrants really pushed me over the edge. You're giving clemency for those who BROKE THE LAW. They entered OUR nation ILLEGALLY! And now you just want to make them citizen just so they can mooch off the government for the next 1/2 decade??! I can see you don't give a **** for California. Probably because it's a blue state huh? I should have left the president mark blank.

See that folks. Not every conservative is lock-step behind Bush.

Topic: Traffic
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-11-28, 10:32 AM #18
If the dumb ****s that make up 90% of the driving population knew dick all about fluid mechanics, we wouldn't have any problems with traffic congestion. For God's sake people; cutting off others, tailgating, and that stupid thing you do where you speed as fast as you can and then slam on your brakes when you come to a traffic jam DOES NOT HELP. GET A BRAIN, MORANS.

Topic: furries
Stuff
2005-11-29, 1:33 AM #19
[thread detour]

Saw this on Fark, couldn't help but refer back to this thread. I've found your alter ego kyle! Bwahahaha.
Attachment: 8914/bdksanta1hh.jpg (121,103 bytes)
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-11-29, 2:19 AM #20
Originally posted by kyle90:
I'll bite.

My goddamn ****ing cafeteria seemingly thinks it's necessary to cater almost exclusively to the wacko vegitarians and other freaks; therefore making it impossible to get a ****ing decent meal except during those times when they're gracious enough to serve something normal. JUST SERVE CHICKEN! OR BEEF!!! OR ANYTHING!! NO MORE OF THIS "UKRANIAN VEGETABLE MUSHROOM CASSEROLE" BULL****!! JUST A NORMAL MEAL!! FOR ONCE!!!

New topic: slow internet connections.

Well, y'know. It's not so easy for us vegeterrians either y'know. It's always beef this and chicken that and pork this. I just want something frelling tasty without having it meat. Seafood would do even!
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2005-11-29, 7:38 AM #21
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Jesus Christ Bush you're really starting to annoy me intensely. Your amnesty for illegal immigrants really pushed me over the edge. You're giving clemency for those who BROKE THE LAW. They entered OUR nation ILLEGALLY! And now you just want to make them citizen just so they can mooch off the government for the next 1/2 decade??! I can see you don't give a **** for California. Probably because it's a blue state huh? I should have left the president mark blank.

See that folks. Not every conservative is lock-step behind Bush.

Topic: Traffic

Doesn't Texas have the biggest illigal immigrant problem? Regaurdless, it's a stupid policy.
2005-11-29, 8:42 AM #22
WTF is up with furries? Drawing erotic pictures of anthropomorphised animals? It's like a bad excuse for bestiality! And on top of that it mixes in aspects of well loved childrens TV shows into some twisted perverse version for some weirdos to get their kicks out of. Quit raping our childhood memories you bastards!

Next: your boss/teacher/lecturer
2005-11-29, 9:10 AM #23
My spanish teacher:

He's a flameboyant, homosexual, mexican.
Not only does he like physical contact with his students which makes forr uncomfort, but he's CRAZY.
HE has trouble speaking english sometimes. We've been learning spanish for three months now. Since even the begining, our first day learning spanish, if you are not perfect he FLIPS OUT. Don't pronounce a word correctly.. he's gonna tweak. Use esta instead of es... get ready for a 10 minute lecture. God forbid should you try to WRITE SOMETHING IMPORTANT HE IS SAYING DOWN, if you do anything but sit up straight with full attention to him when he is speaking he'll flip out. Oh yes, that means we CANNOT TAKE NOTES.
We are not allowed to use our dictionaries unless he says so too. So alot of the time we'll be trying to do something, need to know a word, but can't look it up. And we'rer not allowed to ask either.
So on etc. He's CRAZY. It's his way or the highway. And while sometimes his way does help, equally as much it SUCKS.

next
People talking on cell phones.
2005-11-29, 9:23 AM #24
I don't have a problem with people talking on cellhpones most times - but I DO mind when people don't turn them off when they to out to say a theater, the movies or out to dinner. You're at a restaurant shoving food in your mouth - why are you talking on the phone!! but even more than that I mind when roommates don't turn off their phones and they get calls at oh say, 4:30 AM and they don't bother to leave the room to talk on them. thanks. thanks a lot.

next: lawsuits
2005-11-29, 9:38 AM #25
Jack Thompson. I think that explains it all.

Next: Lousy School/Work/whatever network admins and them blocking off everything.
D E A T H
2005-11-29, 10:19 AM #26
God damn, it's annoying when I want to join mIRC and port 6667 is blocked. Why? Because some dumbass English major got the entire network infected with an IRC trojan, and the port was permanently blocked until that point. Pisses me off, it does. Why punish everyone when you should only punish the moron? Take away their computer and inform them that, if they can't properly use the tool, they don't deserve it.

Next topic: People who screw up computers and expect you to fix them
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-11-29, 11:02 AM #27
Oh God, I can take this one.

My family is horrible for this. I wouldn't mind fixing the computer; I rather enjoy doing that. My problem is how I get blamed for the problem. "You use the computer more than anyone else, therefore it's your fault that it's broken." AAAARGH!! DOES IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT IT'S A BIT STRANGE THAT IT NEVER BREAKS WHEN *I'M* USING IT?! Believe it or not, my dad even tried this excuse this past summer, when I had my own computer. Despite the obvious ludicrousness, yep, I had been on the family computer for about two minutes to check the internet connection settings; therefore it must be my fault that his MS Word document is corrupted. Even better was the time that my cousin had been on it and screwed up Firefox, and I still got blamed. And get this: even after I had explained that I hadn't even been in the same room as the computer, my mom informed me that "it's still kind of your fault; you should have been supervising him." Wow. He's 14 years old, he doesn't need computer supervision.

New topic: People who consistently sign in to MSN as "Away"
Stuff

↑ Up to the top!