Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → World Year of Physics Webcast
World Year of Physics Webcast
2005-11-29, 8:22 AM #1
this might interest a few people here, what with all the physics posts popping up every now and again.

Quote:
To celebrate Einstein Year (World Year of Physics), some of the world's leading physics laboratories are taking part in a 12-hour webcast to show public audiences the excitement of Einstein's life, science and legacy. The programme will be broadcast from locations including CERN, the European Particle Physics Laboratory and birthplace of the World Wide Web, on December 1st 2005. Audience members will be able to submit questions during discussions with Nobel prize winners, internet pioneers and famous scientists such as Stephen Hawking.

The programme includes subjects such as relativity, gravitational waves, mass and gravity, antimatter, and neutrinos, along with the mysteries left open by Einstein's physics and the technologies derived from it. A global audience will be able to discuss the impact of Einstein' s discoveries and look beyond them with top level physicists such as Stephen Hawking and Paul Davies, and with physics Nobel laureates David Gross, Murray Gell-Mann and Gerard 't Hooft, connected from the 2005 Solvay physics Conference in Brussels (16:10 GMT).

In addition to CERN, participating institutions include: Imperial College London, the Telecom Future Lab (Venice), the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Chicago), the Exploratorium (San Francisco) hosting scientists from the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, the Bloomfield Science Museum (Jerusalem) and the National Science Education Centre (Taipei).

Watch the live webcast and take part online on Thursday December 1st, 2005 from 11:00 to 23:00 GMT

More information and programme at: http://www.cern.ch/beyondeinstein

I'll be watching as much as I can, as long as it stays interesting ;)
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-11-29, 8:50 AM #2
Friend14 does not approve.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-29, 9:00 AM #3
Neat. I'll definitely check this out; hell, it might even supplant my GBStv watching for a while.
Stuff

↑ Up to the top!