Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Canada's Prime Minister Finally Gets It
Canada's Prime Minister Finally Gets It
2005-11-29, 2:50 PM #1
He finally gets the message that we don't like him. And it only took a vote of non-confidence to get it through his thick head.

There's a catch, of course!

The Liberal party only has about 35% public approval. However, because of the way the government works, they still stand a chance of winning majority control over our government! Haha, Canada is a living hell! It makes me wonder why those simpering retards don't just use the trillions of dollars they looted from the national treasury to pay off the opposition party.

I think the Liberal party knows they don't stand a 100% chance of winning this year. Instead it's more like 99%, so they're taking some extra precautions: Paul Martin is giving us until January to magically forget that:

1. The Liberal party is full of corrupt wannabe-dictators who have no integrity and cannot be trusted.
  2. The Liberal party is looting and strip-mining this country. Especially the parts that don't vote for them.
  3. There isn't a single member of the Liberal party who wouldn't sell his or her mother for a fancy title.
  4. The Liberal party has been taking kickbacks and breaking campaign finance laws for decades.
  5. Paul Martin is a weak and ineffectual leader with no charisma whatsoever.
  6. Paul Martin is George W. Bush's little lapdog. Dance doggy! Maybe Dubya will throw you a bone... wrapped in cash!

I don't want to be one of those people who just makes a snap-vote for "anybody but the Liberals", so my challenge is now to find a party that wouldn't sell me into indentured servitude just so the party bigwigs can take a vacation in Tijuana.

I've said this before: I would love to vote for the Bloc Quebecois. Only I can't. You see, in Canada I have to vote for a local candidate, who will then offer his or her support to his or her chosen party. I - and most Albertans - can only choose from these parties:

• Liberal Party - The Great Satan of our time, scourge of the earth, the source of all that is evil.
  • Canadian Alliance - Actually stood a good chance of winning a few years back, then was mysteriously discredited by our federally-controlled media. Huh.
  • NDP - "I Can't Believe It's Not Communism".

However, the Liberal party is the only Canadian party to have a presence in every riding. Not only is it almost impossible for the Liberal party to lose, but it's actually impossible for any other party to form a majority government. In which case, the Liberal party will turn around and issue a vote of non-confidence the day after the election.

If the Liberal party wins I'm pretty sure there will be an uprising. We'll just have to wait and see.
2005-11-29, 2:53 PM #2
Modern governments have a thing for making it hard to shift the balance of power. The US is especially true, though in some ways an exception because it is a two party government (oh yeah, ONE independent in the Senate, big whoop).

Republican government and co. sucks, just not as much as everything else. Some tweaking would do well.
2005-11-29, 2:54 PM #3
The next couple of months should be pretty interesting for us Canadians. And now that I'm old enough to vote...
Stuff
2005-11-29, 2:57 PM #4
Rofl.

Silly PM. I love that guy. Yesterday I heard on the news there was a chance of the government being toppled >_> How interesting.

Oh well, finally get rid of that guy.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-11-29, 2:58 PM #5
Yay Jon` C for posting something anti-liberal for once!
2005-11-29, 3:00 PM #6
Haha, Canada broke.
2005-11-29, 3:01 PM #7
Originally posted by Reid:
What the hell are you talking about? Did you have a stroke or something? I've never supported the Liberals for a single second of my life.

Get lost and ruin some other thread.
2005-11-29, 3:03 PM #8
_
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-11-29, 3:12 PM #9
Originally posted by Jon`C:
What the hell are you talking about? Did you have a stroke or something? I've never supported the Liberals for a single second of my life.

What the hell are you talking about? I said ANTI-liberal, not liberal.
2005-11-29, 3:14 PM #10

I'm a liberal. But that's probably like a communist in Canada.
2005-11-29, 3:23 PM #11
Ok, this US uneducated yankee is having some trouble understanding all this.

"Canada Broke" ?

What EXACTLY happened in simpleton terms, because I have no idea how the Canadian government works (yes I read the above...still didn't quite get it)

Something about a party with lots of power losing power? The democrats lost some power in our last election of house/senate... is it anything like that?

Could someone explain please?

Is there some kind of Canadian loophole that screwed up the government or something?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-11-29, 3:26 PM #12
What the hell are you talking about? I said ANTI-liberal, not liberal.

You said:

...implying that I usually sing the praises of the Liberals, but for the first time I'm posting something that's in direct opposition to them.

Obviously you don't know my political stance if you're making that sort of claim.
2005-11-29, 3:28 PM #13
Maybe he was implying that Massassi in general is too liberal, and it was about time someone posted conservative viewpoints?

But that doesn't make sense either. :s
2005-11-29, 3:29 PM #14
Maybe this thread sucks
2005-11-29, 3:31 PM #15
Originally posted by Veger:
Is there some kind of Canadian loophole that screwed up the government or something?
...read the article I linked to? Maybe?

In parliamentary systems, the Leader of the Opposition (that is, the leader of the party with the second highest number of seats) can put forth a vote of non-confidence. If it passes with a majority, the Prime Minister is obliged (but not technically forced to) go to the Governor General and request that a new election is called. You saw something like this in The Phantom Menace.

As for the rest, I'm just ranting about how corrupt the Liberal party is, and how they're almost certainly going to win no matter who I vote for......... but I am going to vote, damn it. I'm gonna fight those tyrants even if I have to do it in a literal sense.
2005-11-29, 3:32 PM #16
shanky mc. shank shank
2005-11-29, 3:35 PM #17
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Maybe he was implying that Massassi in general is too liberal, and it was about time someone posted conservative viewpoints?

But that doesn't make sense either. :s

Thats exactly what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.
2005-11-29, 7:26 PM #18
jon'c, those six points you posted could easily have the conservatives in there rather than the liberals. easily.
and i don't think any canadian politician is bush's lap dog. harper would be the closest but still far from it.
and it was stockwell day that destroyed the alliance and stephen harper that destroyed the credibility of the conservatives.
did you see him after the first non-confidence vote? i know the house of commons is like a kindergarten class but he was acting like he was in pre school for ****s sakes.
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FULL GROWN MAN MAKE SUCH A FOOL OF HIMSELF IN PUBLIC, WHEN HE WAS SOBER, LIKE THAT!!! THAT MAN HAS GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST *** I HAVE EVER SEEN!! HE'S COMPRABLE TO BUSH HIMSELF!

so back on to another point you made, who to vote for.
  • liberals? **** them. they can **** off. not this cabinet anyway.
  • conservatives? i can honestly say, honestly, without hesitation, that you or i could do a better job leading a party than that ****.
  • ndp? are you old enough to remember bob rae in ontario? *shudder* the ndp won't be forgiven in ontario for at least another 2 generations.

strangley enough, i'd vote conservative if ralph klein or mike harris were to become the leader of the party.

bottom line - if there's no one to vote for i ain't votin'. how can anyone in good conscience go to the polls in january and vote for anyone on the ticket?
there is no one to vote for.
2005-11-29, 9:01 PM #19
Yeah, they're all pretty bad but I'm damn well going to vote - even if it is just to cancel out some idiot who didn't read about adscam. I do not want the liberals to be in power anymore. And yeah, I'd vote conservative if Ralph Klein went federal, but few Canadians feel that way. Hell, few Albertans feel that way.

That isn't going to fix things for, like, Nunavut or some back-water riding, since they get to choose between Bill Cloneson (Yogic Flying Party) or LIBERAL REPRESENTATIVE ROBOT #114.
2005-11-29, 10:12 PM #20

In parliamentary systems, the Leader of the Opposition (that is, the leader of the party with the second highest number of seats) can put forth a vote of non-confidence. If it passes with a majority, the Prime Minister is obliged (but not technically forced to) go to the Governor General and request that a new election is called. You saw something like this in The Phantom Menace.

I wonder how Palpatine would do in the next Canadian elections. If peole are as pissed off at the liberals as you say, then the most evil man in the galaxy might stand a fair chance. :p
2005-11-29, 10:34 PM #21

As for the rest, I'm just ranting about how corrupt the Liberal party is, and how they're almost certainly going to win no matter who I vote for......... but I am going to vote, damn it. I'm gonna fight those tyrants even if I have to do it in a literal sense.

Thank you, I haven't taken governmental classes in 3ish years. :P
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-11-29, 10:46 PM #22
**** the government.
2005-11-30, 4:58 PM #23
any other canadians here find it strange that when a candian politcal thread gets started it drops like a stone to the bottom of the page? yet when an american political thread starts it usually turns into a flame war with americans telling canadians to shut up and it's none of our business and why don't we complain about our own governement and leave theirs alone...

we've got TONNES to complain about including the spelling of tonnes. it just never gets anywhere 'cause no one cares.
2005-11-30, 4:59 PM #24
Probably because there's aboot 5 of us, and 5000 of them.
Stuff
2005-11-30, 5:07 PM #25
[QUOTE=Darth Evad]any other canadians here find it strange that when a candian politcal thread gets started it drops like a stone to the bottom of the page? yet when an american political thread starts it usually turns into a flame war with americans telling canadians to shut up and it's none of our business and why don't we complain about our own governement and leave theirs alone...

we've got TONNES to complain about including the spelling of tonnes. it just never gets anywhere 'cause no one cares.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let's think.

Number of Canadians here-Not a lot
Number of Americans-more
2005-11-30, 5:12 PM #26
but when we do complain about our own government we get no credit. when we complain about theirs they tell us to shut up and complain about our own. /whining
2005-11-30, 5:41 PM #27
Our government ****ing sucks.

I think Paul Martin got what he deserved, but the elections aren't going to help sweet **** all.
2005-11-30, 6:42 PM #28
Good Ridance
[Lets hope i didn't speak to soon...]
2005-11-30, 7:00 PM #29
Uprising eh? [hahahha Eh] That might be interesting...Maybe thats why guns are all but outlawed under them liberals...
And i can see the Americans now....

THIS JUST IN: In a stunning move Canada is in a state of civil war...Now the weather
2005-11-30, 7:10 PM #30
Wow, the civil war would stop right there because all Canadians would be like "WHOA! THE AMERICANS MENTIONED US IN THE NEWS!" and that would cause us to unite. And then we'd have a new holiday, right around Christmas, and we'd get longer Christmas breaks. Everybody wins!
Stuff
2005-11-30, 7:37 PM #31
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Uprising eh? [hahahha Eh] That might be interesting...Maybe thats why guns are all but outlawed under them liberals...
Yes, that's exactly why they outlawed guns. It's also why the Nazi party outlawed guns, and so did the Soviet Union, and fascist Italy, and Yugoslavia......

It's also, specifically, why guns aren't banned in the United States: because when a government ceases to be responsible to the people, it is the duty of the people to remove them from power. And frankly I think our time has come.
2005-11-30, 8:02 PM #32
Hmm. We should just make Dick Cheny the dictator of California and Canada. And France. :D
2005-11-30, 8:02 PM #33
Originally posted by Temperamental:
**** the government.

[http://www.infocusheritage.ca/metascrawl/links/images/anarchy.gif]

raaaagh fight the power bro

:o

Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Hmm. We should just make Dick Cheny the dictator of California and Canada. And France. :D

Augh I almost crapped my pants
2005-11-30, 8:04 PM #34
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
No. How about someone who actually cares about the plight of the average man and doesn't cower inside a bunker whenever something bad happens?
Cheney does not seem like a good person. If I knew him in real life I would not have him inside my home. He has a mincing look about him, and he has the voice of a liar. :p

I want Canada to become a Republic. Let everything else fall into place from there.
2005-11-30, 8:16 PM #35
Not this again.
Stuff
2005-12-01, 7:35 PM #36
MMMMMMMMMMmmmm A Canadian Republic. One step closer to Star Wars
2005-12-01, 7:37 PM #37
Maybe the part on Hoth.
Stuff
2005-12-01, 7:39 PM #38
Accept the AT-ATs and Imperials would become Americans wanting oil
[wampa oil?]
2005-12-02, 4:52 AM #39
Originally posted by kyle90:
Probably because there's aboot 5 of us, and 5000 of them.

woot 6 now
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-02, 7:19 AM #40
Is it sad if I don't remember a time when the Liberals weren't in power?
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.

↑ Up to the top!