Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Well my darling PSP, it only took you 8 freaking months...
Well my darling PSP, it only took you 8 freaking months...
2005-11-29, 6:38 PM #1
But finally you're starting to see greatness.

Combined with Homebrew, Sony's firmware supports for those who don't want homebrew, and the up and coming games, I can now say that Sony's future as an opponent to Nintendo in the handheld market is secured. Honestly, these are the titles that changed my mind about the system.

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/769/769918/imgs_1.html <--Looks amazing. Could end up to be the Starcraft 64 of the PSP

http://psp.ign.com/articles/670/670041p1.html <--Though I'm not a huge fan of the Myst games, this would be the PERFECT game for the PSP.

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/736/736224/vids_1.html <--If I need to tell you why...let's just hope I don't.

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/748/748382/imgs_1.html <--FINALLY

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/771/771963/imgs_1.html <--OH EFF YES

And, saving the best for last...

Every Extend Extra

Tetsuya Mizuguchi is proving himself the Hideo Kojima of the puzzle genre. Honestly, everything he's made has been a hit game so far, or if not a hit a cult classic which is just as good, just without all the fame. I can see this guy going very far in the console/handheld business.

I must say, these next few months for the PSP excite me...a whole bunch. Icing on the cake? The budget pricing is coming out soon in the US for the PSP--among those games being MGS:Acid, Lumines, Ridge Racer, and Popolocrois. Freaking win.
D E A T H
2005-11-29, 6:42 PM #2
The strategy game and PoP: Revelations are two I can agree with...the rest...well.. meh.

GTA:LCS is great, so is Socom (Socom is like the first real shooter, Coded armsdoesn't count, that game sucks)

Plus Socom has the first online portable wireless...which I can't stress enough... is like playing CS in your pocket on the go. I love it.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-11-29, 6:46 PM #3
Eh?

Edit: What the hell? They ported Warrior Within, how lame is that.
2005-11-29, 6:47 PM #4
I see.
2005-11-29, 6:54 PM #5
Originally posted by tofu:
Eh?

Edit: What the hell? They ported Warrior Within, how lame is that.

I'm about 90% certain that it's a port of the new PoP, Revelations. Not Warrior Withing. Could be wrong, but I'm getting the video to make sure.

And I'm 100% wrong. Why they named it something different is beyond me. Aparrently the new one is "The Two Thrones".

Either way, I enjoyed WW, though...not NEARLY as much as Sands of Time.
D E A T H
2005-11-29, 9:06 PM #6
Originally posted by Veger:
Plus Socom has the first online portable wireless...which I can't stress enough... is like playing CS in your pocket on the go. I love it.

Twisted Metal had online play. Not sure if any other launch titles did though.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-11-29, 9:08 PM #7
Not much of a lineup.
2005-11-30, 7:27 AM #8
That Field Commander game looks really cool. I'd buy that.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-11-30, 9:23 AM #9
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]Twisted Metal had online play. Not sure if any other launch titles did though.[/QUOTE]

None, but X-Men Legends 2 does...which I need...

Yeah, morf, I don't know how you can say that's not much of a lineup. Katamari Damacy for PSP, Prince of Persia, Field Commander looks awesome, NOT TO MENTION Every Extend Extra, from the guy who brought us Meteos and Lumines, two of the most addicting puzzle games ever made, and it looks just as, if not more addicting.

And then there's a whole bunch of titles that are in the making from those companies that we don't even know of yet. Personally, I think this is amazingly awesome.
D E A T H
2005-11-30, 9:44 AM #10
Of course you think it's amazingly awesome.

You're a PSP fanboy.

:P
2005-11-30, 11:39 AM #11
Citing that the system might possibly, maybe, perhaps end up getting a lot of good games "sometime in the future" highlights the PSP's weaknesses more than it strengths. Liberty Stories and Lumines are great, but the rest of the current line-up is a mighty unimpressive collection of average games that most people would never touch if there wasn't such a lack of noteworthy games on the platform. You keep mentioning X-Men Apocalypse as if it's some sort of killer app or something. Please.

Don't get me wrong, the PSP is a great hybrid offering amazing Emulation support and music/video palying functionalities. But games are not its strong suit. They just aren't. And a bunch of future games (most of which we really don't know anything about and/or will probably end up being average anyway) isn't going to change that.
2005-11-30, 12:18 PM #12
Every extend ultra makes my pants tight. I'm almost tempted to get a psp for lumines and that (when it's released). I'm a puzzle junky
The rest of the games are meh, except katamari
But they're making Katamari DS which cancels that out. Katamari with a stylus? yesplz

I agree that the system is finally starting to see some good games, but I'm still iffy on the psp. During the next six months they better start announcing a whole crapload of epic titles or it's going to start to really affect the sales.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.

↑ Up to the top!