Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → An article about me
An article about me
2005-11-29, 7:46 PM #1
so a little backstory - I want to go home for Thanksgiving, but the only train that had any room left didn't leave until Wednesday at 3:21. So my dorm wants me out by 10 AM. I decide that I would try to hide out in my room until around 3. That idea got shot to hell when I got a loud knok on my door at 10:30 ish and a nice little yell of "SECURITY!" Anyway, I'm kicked out of my dorm by 11 and I have nothing to do until 3:21, so I go to the coffee shop, only to find out that my train has been delayed 3 hours. So I spend 5 hours at the coffee shop and 2 in the waiting station. But before I went to the waiting staition I was about to go out to eat (my mom felt bad and said she'd treat, well pay be back anyway). So I go there and this guy starts taking pictures of me. umm, creepy but okay. Anyway, he starts taking pictures of me on my way from the restaurant to the waiting area, and then he follows me in and keeps snapping away. anyway, long story short he was working for the paper and was doing a story on the train. fast forward to now, my professor tells me that I was in the paper and my voice teacher had actually cut out the articles for me. yes, as in plural. not only was I in the train story, but they wrote a little human interest story type thing on me, complete with a huge picture. This is all cool and all that - but this was one of the saddest, most pathetic things ever. I pitied me, and I am me. I look like an orphan or like my puppy was just killed or something, and the story with it is even worse! it was the funniest thing I've ever seen! (I was going to type out the story with it since it's short and hard to read, but I decided that would be too much effort. maybe another time if this thread's still around)
Attachment: 8942/pathetic me article 2.jpg (105,602 bytes)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-11-29, 7:50 PM #2
There needs to be more snow. Then you can be sad girl in snow.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-11-29, 7:50 PM #3
Cool. :)
Pissed Off?
2005-11-29, 7:53 PM #4
Wait, they can just go and take pictures of you and post articles about you without your permission?
Life is beautiful.
2005-11-29, 7:53 PM #5
The media twisted you until you couldn't recognise yourself in the article? Sounds like the normal media to me. :p

2005-11-29, 7:55 PM #6
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader]Wait, they can just go and take pictures of you and post articles about you without your permission?[/QUOTE]

when he asked for my name I probably could have told him to keep my name and picture out of the papers

and yeah, The Mega-ZZTer, that about sums it up :)
2005-11-29, 7:55 PM #7
Originally posted by Gebohq:

Yup.

You look SO forlorn. :gbk:
2005-11-29, 8:01 PM #8
I'm thinking of seeing if I can use it to guilt my parents out of some money when I get home ;)
2005-11-29, 8:51 PM #9
Man. You really do look depressed. :gbk:
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-11-29, 9:01 PM #10
[http://www.lowculture.com/archives/images/Cheer_up_ani.jpg]

god that dog is so retarded looking.
2005-11-29, 9:12 PM #11
Originally posted by Gebohq:

That only holds true humor to Megatokyo readers, and you know it, Geb. :p :D
2005-11-30, 12:23 AM #12
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]That only holds true humor to Megatokyo readers, and you know it, Geb. :p :D[/QUOTE]

It was a great remark, nevertheless.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-11-30, 1:13 AM #13
For those who don't know, this is the stereotypical image that Megatokyo is (in)famous for producing. If anyone can find a more stereotypical image of it, feel free to post it.
Attachment: 8947/sadkimikoinsnow001.jpg (104,662 bytes)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-11-30, 1:42 AM #14
That sucks. Hate late trains. Hate uptight dorm administration. Hey at least you got your 15 minutes of fame.
2005-11-30, 2:48 AM #15
That's funky :)
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-11-30, 3:06 AM #16
O_o

Woah.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-11-30, 3:45 AM #17
Haaaa hahahaha. That's the greatest picture ever!

I'm sure it sucked then, but now it's great!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-11-30, 12:30 PM #18
I can't read the text. :(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!