Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Does life suck or what?
Does life suck or what?
2005-11-30, 11:10 AM #1
Hi. My life sucks. I'm stuck in a circle of being broke and bored. Money really is everything. I mean, I love my girlfriend, but she doesn't have much fun with me because I'm always grumpy.. 'cause I'm BROKE! I tried getting jobs, really. I don't have any degrees. I dropped out of school for several reasons, a great deal of them my own fault. Now, I'm trying to pick up the pieces and I'm going to school. Sadly, this costs money. I have to borrow it from my mother. She doesn't have a lot to spend either. It makes me feel guilty, even though she says she wants to help me. Without degrees I can't get a job, I can't get degrees because I don't have a job... I know that I made the wrong choices in school, and I'm trying to make up for them. But I keep getting stuck and I'm affraid of breaking down again and, as a result of that, messing up school again. I'm beyond getting angry, that's useless. I'm in a constant state of despair. This costs a lot of energy. Energy that I should be sticking in school.

Life really sucks. I hope you're doing better.

PS sorry for this, I just need to get it out.
2005-11-30, 11:16 AM #2
Solution:
2005-11-30, 11:20 AM #3
Frankly, you should be banned for even suggesting that, Hell. Idiot.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-11-30, 11:23 AM #4
Dump your girlfriend to save money.
2005-11-30, 11:24 AM #5
Oh man, Jon gave good girl advice.
2005-11-30, 11:54 AM #6
http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iqqilg533z4
2005-11-30, 11:57 AM #7

LOL! oh wow.

but seroiusly - go back to school - take night classes and have a part time job, go to a community college for a while, maybe transfer after that, but go back to school.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-11-30, 12:12 PM #8

LOL
2005-11-30, 12:15 PM #9
Have you ever considered investing?
2005-11-30, 12:18 PM #10
SHHHHHH SHUTUP STOP WE DONT NEED MORE COMPETITION
2005-11-30, 12:26 PM #11
Cheer up dude.. I know the boat you're in.. I've swabbed the decks of it many times myself. You can get a good job without schooling, just keep looking. One of the places that's easy to get started at and has a lot of oppurtunity for advancement is call centers. I know they've got a bit of a bad rep, but they're not nearly as bad as everyone makes them seem. Pick something in sales, and do an inbound program if you can. You can make really good money in this type of work, and they'll hire you even if you have no experience (I've pulled in over 2000 a month, which isn't bad for a job with no degree requirenments).

Anyway stick in there, and work hard, and you'll pull through.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-11-30, 12:33 PM #12
Originally posted by Jepman:
Frankly, you should be banned for even suggesting that, Hell. Idiot.

If a post on an internet forum pushes someone over to suicide, it amazes me that the guy was still alive to read that.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-30, 12:36 PM #13
dude, you can't go through life making inappropriate jokes and then blaming other people for getting upset.

And ]-[, that was a little over the top...
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-11-30, 12:46 PM #14
Vinny drew the emosaurus picture.
2005-11-30, 12:59 PM #15
Look into student loans and various other forms of financial aid.
Pissed Off?
2005-11-30, 1:02 PM #16
Originally posted by Echoman:
If a post on an internet forum pushes someone over to suicide, it amazes me that the guy was still alive to read that.

Its not the whole fear or him pushing the other dude over the edge. That'd be insane. What I'm saying is that the overall implication of suicide is as bad as swearing or flaming anyone.

That's of course my opinion.
2005-11-30, 1:22 PM #17
Originally posted by Morchaiel:
Hi. My life sucks. I'm stuck in a circle of being broke and bored. Money really is everything. I mean, I love my girlfriend, but she doesn't have much fun with me because I'm always grumpy.. 'cause I'm BROKE! I tried getting jobs, really. I don't have any degrees. I dropped out of school for several reasons, a great deal of them my own fault. Now, I'm trying to pick up the pieces and I'm going to school. Sadly, this costs money. I have to borrow it from my mother. She doesn't have a lot to spend either. It makes me feel guilty, even though she says she wants to help me. Without degrees I can't get a job, I can't get degrees because I don't have a job... I know that I made the wrong choices in school, and I'm trying to make up for them. But I keep getting stuck and I'm affraid of breaking down again and, as a result of that, messing up school again. I'm beyond getting angry, that's useless. I'm in a constant state of despair. This costs a lot of energy. Energy that I should be sticking in school.

Life really sucks. I hope you're doing better.

PS sorry for this, I just need to get it out.

Well, I have no girl-friend, and more work than I know what to do with, and I am still very depressed. It's just get more money. Get more PC crap. Blah. :gbk:
2005-11-30, 1:29 PM #18
Haha, Chumps. I'm as happy as can be. If I didn't have serious personal reservations against dancing, I would be doing so. :D
2005-11-30, 1:41 PM #19
Dancing rocks.
2005-11-30, 1:44 PM #20
Tough it out. The school years are always difficult if you are having to finance your own way. It can be done, though, and in the end, you'll most likely be making a lot more money than if you bail out.
You should definitely do what the others said and check into some sort of student loans or especially grants. Given the little I can glean from you post, I bet you qualify for some grants of some sort. You have nothing to lose by finding out, and everything to gain.
Do it.
Do it now.

When I was in college, I had a student loan that paid for everything, including a new computer. :D Of course, I did have to pay it back later...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-11-30, 1:44 PM #21
Dancing rocks when done by hot chicks. And I'm watching it. And they're naked.
Stuff
2005-11-30, 8:13 PM #22
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
2005-11-30, 8:14 PM #23
YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2005-11-30, 9:33 PM #24
Well, you could sell your PC and get your internet disconnected.
2005-11-30, 9:44 PM #25
Originally posted by Jepman:
Dancing rocks.

DAMN STRAIGHT!
一个大西瓜
2005-11-30, 10:08 PM #26
Skanking is better.

↑ Up to the top!