Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Life isn't fair.
Life isn't fair.
2005-11-30, 7:39 PM #1
Last night I had to bury my cat. She had been gone for five hours and I didn't think much of it, but my mom as always was worried. At about 8pm last night my dad came home and told us. I had never seen either of my parents break down as much as they did last night. My mom was screaming and crying, and my dad who I don't recall ever crying was crying a lot as he dug a hole in my back yard. There she was, a gift from God, dead. My mom held her in her arms, and as I looked at her, I couldn't believe it. She looked normal, but she wasn't moving, and for some reason her collar was missing. She got hit by a car, but we have no idea how. We found her on a highway, and my cat, she never even went out of our yard most of the time. I don't want another cat, because you can't do any better than perfect, and that's what she was. Not ONCE in her entire life did she bite, scratch, or hiss at anyone. Every day I came home from school and she would run up to me, rub against me and roll over on her back so I could rub her belly. Every night I would pet her and kiss her on the head before I slept, and some nights she would jump on my chest in bed and fall asleep. She was the perfect cat, and now she isn't here. She's gone. It's just hitting me now. I really am horrible with emotions, I just have no idea how to feel right now. I want her to be alive, but it's not going to happen. I want to wake up tommorow and see her waiting for me to let her outside so she can play. I miss her so much.
Attachment: 8968/kitty1.JPG (32,568 bytes)
Attachment: 8969/Kitty.jpg (99,505 bytes)
Attachment: 8970/kitty6.JPG (19,664 bytes)
Think while it's still legal.
2005-11-30, 7:40 PM #2
I may be allergix to cats byt that is still the saddest thing ive seen today.
:gbk: :gbk: :gbk:
2005-11-30, 7:41 PM #3
I'm sorry Victor, sounded like a great cat. I had a bearded dragon that I had to put to sleep. It isn't easy.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-11-30, 7:41 PM #4
:( sorry to hear it man...

It's ok to grieve. Don't feel weird about it.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-11-30, 7:41 PM #5
Make a flash tribute to it, that's what I did for a friend when he moved.
2005-11-30, 7:52 PM #6
:gbk: This made me cry. *hugs* I'm so sorry. How old was she?
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-11-30, 7:54 PM #7
We don't know for sure, but the vets guessed around 2 - 3 years old. She adopted us about a year ago when she appeared on our steps one day.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-11-30, 7:55 PM #8
Aww, that's too bad. One of my family's dogs died back in September; it sucks losing a pet.
Stuff
2005-11-30, 7:57 PM #9
:(
2005-11-30, 7:59 PM #10
i dont know so much about cats, but i've suffered some losses this year and i can tell you death sucks.

although its taught me a lot though, and judging from what you say...

all it takes is time to heal.

i'm sure you'll love another pet... just make sure that another pet will be there because you love it, not as a replacement.

loss is hard, but as I say, all it takes is time, its a horrid thing, but after a while you come to more of an understanding equilibrium after time passes.

[edit]
nope... life isn't fair, but thats life, all you can do is get used to it.
2005-11-30, 8:02 PM #11
:( :( :(

I am so sorry... I can understand your pain. I had a cat who was very much like that pass away because of a rare, undectected heart condition. When you lose something that close and that special, something that is so ingrained into your life, it hurts like nothing else.

When I lost her, I felt horrible for a long time. I'd come home and think that, out of the corner of my eye, I saw her, but then I would remember the truth. It's like a nightmare that you can't wake up from. I feel for you man, I really do. Best wishes.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-11-30, 8:05 PM #12
NO!!!

SAJN I love your cat :(
2005-11-30, 8:09 PM #13
Bad times :(

Losing a pet is tough, but other really can fill the void. ;)
Pissed Off?
2005-11-30, 8:13 PM #14
I dislike cats, but it's never good when you lose a pet. :(
2005-11-30, 8:21 PM #15
:( I'm not a big cat fan, but if they're in-door friendly cats I don't mind them.

Sorry SAJN, losing a pet sucks. we had to put down my mom's dog a few years ago because she was getting impossible to keep. Every night she'd just wander around the house panting and barking, and during storms it was 1000000000000000000000x worse. I miss her since she was a great dog. I can sympathize.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-11-30, 8:45 PM #16
Sorry about him Sajn pay him no mind we really are sorry for you.
:gbk:
[hell i even feel sorry for that guy i mean geez hes a psocotic social outcast :gbk: :banned: ]
2005-11-30, 8:45 PM #17
Sorry about the cat! It sucks to lose a loved pet. :(
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-11-30, 8:47 PM #18
Cute cat.

Your post makes me want to cry. :(
2005-11-30, 8:48 PM #19
Sucks, but it is a cat. At least it's something easily gotten over. Or at least it should be. Worse things could happen at least--always remember that.
D E A T H
2005-11-30, 10:30 PM #20
Sorry about your cat. I'd be torn apart if I lost my dog. :(
"We have first raised a dust and then complain we cannot see." - George Berkeley
2005-11-30, 10:41 PM #21
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Worse things could happen at least--always remember that.[/QUOTE]

That's a redundant statement to say during bad times. Of course it could worse. You could even say that at funerals or if your whole family died from a disease. It's not very comforting thing to say.

:/
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-11-30, 10:59 PM #22
Sorry to hear bout your loss, Vic. I had a similar situation at the very end of last year. I had a cat who our family found as a kitten in our woodpile. She adopted us and lived with us for twelve awesome years. I know what you mean when you called your cat 'the best cat' because that that is exactly what i thought of my cat. toward the end of last year she developed bone cancer in her jaw and as the cancer grew she had increasing problems with eating and swallowing. Had the cancer been on a leg, it could have been amputated, but you can't amputate a cats lower jaw and realistically expect it to have a comfortable life. It got to the point where we had to put her down. I was really a mess. I know what you mean be not being able to replace her. For me she was one of the family, and trying to replace her would be like trying to replace my brother if he died. I hope you and your parents evetually learn to cope soon.
2005-11-30, 11:13 PM #23
So sorry to hear about that, man. I love cats too, and I know how heartbreaking it is to lose one. Two years ago, one of ours got run over on the nearby highway, and I had to bring her back and bury her. And just a couple months ago, another one was electrocuted after a dog chased it up a power pole.

I also notice that every time you lose a pet, you'll come across at least one person like Yoshi who for some inexplicable reason thinks that minimizing your loss by claiming it was "just" a cat (or "worse things could happen") is somehow comforting....
Pyro Universe The ultimate fireworks site!
2005-12-01, 12:52 AM #24
Sorry to hear that, Victor. I remember seeing some photos you had posted earlier. I wish you had had time to enjoy her company for a longer time. This autumn my parents had to put down our 15 years old cat... Although he remained with my parents when I moved out, I had many years to get to know him before that. But being that old, he gradually died of what you can call old age, so in that sense I feel it had to be far easier to accept than lose a cat due to some sudden accident.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-12-01, 1:06 AM #25
I'm sorry for your loss.

You're right that you'll never be able to replace her, but you will be able to love another pet, in time.

There are so many animals living at rescues waiting for a chance for a loving home like yours, that you must remember that the pain of loss is nothing compared to the joy while they are with you.
2005-12-01, 1:30 AM #26
Originally posted by Echoman:
That's a redundant statement to say during bad times. Of course it could worse. You could even say that at funerals or if your whole family died from a disease. It's not very comforting thing to say.

:/

The idea is to get someone thinking about something postive, although it could be worded differently.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-01, 5:09 AM #27
I'm sorry you lost your cat. I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet, and he was of 14.5 years when he died. I can also understand not wanting another cat to replace your cat - but don't think of getting a new pet as a replacement of the one you've lost. Think of the new pet as a new addition to your family.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-01, 5:13 AM #28
Oh man, she was such a cute one too. I'm sorry for your lost bro, I know thats exactly how I'd feel if I lost my kitty. Hang in there bro.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-12-01, 5:19 AM #29
Originally posted by Exothermic:
So sorry to hear about that, man. I love cats too, and I know how heartbreaking it is to lose one. Two years ago, one of ours got run over on the nearby highway, and I had to bring her back and bury her. And just a couple months ago, another one was electrocuted after a dog chased it up a power pole.

I also notice that every time you lose a pet, you'll come across at least one person like Yoshi who for some inexplicable reason thinks that minimizing your loss by claiming it was "just" a cat (or "worse things could happen") is somehow comforting....

I'm not minimizing the loss, I'm putting it into perspective and trying to get him to think positively. Like Avenger said.
D E A T H
2005-12-01, 5:48 AM #30
I'm sorry Jon. You loved that cat, and I can sympathize. I don't know what I'd do if I got the news that one of mine was dead. Hang in there bud.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-01, 5:54 AM #31
:(, dunno.. sigh
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-12-01, 6:54 AM #32
Sorry to hear your loss. I lost my first dog when I was 6 years old and I wasn't even in town. The dog was at a kennel and he twisted his stomach. I remeber the night when we got the call at the hotel.... *sigh*

You should look into getting another cat, although he can never replace your previous cat, he can always make you feel better.
No sig.
2005-12-01, 7:04 AM #33
That makes me very sad :( :( :(

I love cats. I have three of my own, and I'd be devastated if something like this happened to one of them.

I am sorry for your loss.
2005-12-01, 7:07 AM #34
:( :gbk: :(
Aww.. sory... I love cats, and I've had to put one down. It's sad :(.
2005-12-01, 7:27 AM #35
My condolences for your loss.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-01, 8:39 AM #36
Originally posted by Avenger:
The idea is to get someone thinking about something postive, although it could be worded differently.

How could that make someone think positive? I see it could be degrading the loss the person just experience.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-01, 2:25 PM #37
:( :( :(

sorry for you. It sucks to have a pet that you have had for so long die.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-12-01, 2:27 PM #38
I hate having pets leave. I have two cats right now, both healthy luckily, but I have no idea what I'd do if either one, dare I say, both were to go. Ugh..

Sad times :(

However, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Sadly, a lot of people don't live in this mind set, however true it may be.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-01, 2:45 PM #39
Your kitty was always my favorite in the post your pet threads :gbk:

Praying for you man. Hope you feel better soon.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

↑ Up to the top!