Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thread about fast food places.
Thread about fast food places.
2005-12-01, 3:16 PM #1
Okay, let's say I got a bad tasting hamburger and fries at a local McDonalds (which I actually did today). Not good at all. Now, if I wanted to place blame on why it wasn't such a good meal, where would it point at? I'm not going to send a complaint though.

Is the company to blame for not sending fresh ingredients, their ways for handling humbuger/fries and so on? Or the people who work behind the counter for not cooking the stuff right? Or maybe the management of the place for keeping the workers overworked and too busy? Or maybe me for somehow keeping my expectations a bit too high?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-01, 3:17 PM #2
You should become a lawyer.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-12-01, 3:18 PM #3
Define "bad tasting hamburger".
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-12-01, 3:20 PM #4
It tasted soggier than the last time I remember. Then again, I don't go to McDonalds often.
2005-12-01, 3:28 PM #5
The janitor
2005-12-01, 3:30 PM #6
That's a rather negative attitude toward your future job. Bwhah.
2005-12-02, 7:25 AM #7
Working in the resturant, business you learn one thing about bad food:

It just happens.

Sometimes one burger is not a fresh as the others, it was on the grill too long/short, there was a different cook that day, and even things like washing friers different ways, that can cause bacterial buildup. Trust me. If you've worked at most restuarants, a lot of times you just want to eat home.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-12-02, 7:26 AM #8
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/badudes-3.gif]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-02, 7:30 AM #9
I'd say it's the restaurant's responsibility, as they're the ones who overlook what they put on the grill and what they cook. If they found a bad burger in a shipment sent from the parent company, it'd be the restaurant's responsibility to make sure it isn't cooked and sold methinks.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-12-02, 8:40 AM #10
i think your expetations are a little high
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-12-02, 9:24 AM #11
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/badudes-3.gif]

That was such a horrible game.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-12-02, 10:01 AM #12
If you ate it all, it might be useless to complain afterwards. After all, the fact you could eat it, proves it was good enough...

Obviously if it had been inedible, you would have already complained to whatever employee had happened to be closest to you. The person behind the counter most likely. If you just want to complain about general decline in quality, then the management should hear about it. If they receive enough such complaints, they will investigate the cause.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-12-02, 10:12 AM #13
Problems might come from the processes that they use to make the food in fast food places. They are designed to be fast which means that they take preprocessed materials and put it together by adding some other ingredients and generally heat.

At the local cafeteria on campus, I think the food is generally mediocre because they have to make large quantities.
2005-12-02, 11:04 AM #14
I just got back from the coolest diner in Atlanta... I've eaten there 3x in the past 2 days.... I'm a little obsessed right now. Someone talk me down.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-12-02, 12:12 PM #15
Well, if you keep it up, perhaps the employees will start to treat you as an honoured customer. It can only get better.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-12-02, 12:24 PM #16
As long as it didn't make you sick or burn the flesh off of you or kill you I doubt there's anything you can do--except, of course, not eat at McDonalds anymore. This would actually be my advice anyway. Their food tasting [ICKY] is pretty common.
2005-12-02, 12:53 PM #17
A lot of fast food is nasty. In-and-out is one of the few burger places I will eat at,.
2005-12-02, 2:49 PM #18
"in-and-out" doesn't sound like such a good place to eat. :confused:
2005-12-02, 3:31 PM #19
Originally posted by Echoman:
"in-and-out" doesn't sound like such a good place to eat. :confused:

You obviously haven't been.

It's a small burger chain around the Los Angelos area (I think, it may have expanded.) They make good foods.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-12-02, 3:36 PM #20
It spreads further than los angeles, I'm in orange county, I've seen them down in San Diego too.

In and Out is amazing. Best burgers around (arguably).

Quote:
Working in the resturant, business you learn one thing about bad food:

It just happens.

Sometimes one burger is not a fresh as the others, it was on the grill too long/short, there was a different cook that day, and even things like washing friers different ways, that can cause bacterial buildup. Trust me. If you've worked at most restuarants, a lot of times you just want to eat home.

Yeah... but this is McDonalds... It's a different thing. I've worked in a restaurant that served fantastic italian food (it wasn't a chain, a single restaurant), and it's actually about 200 feet away from a Mcdonalds. Bad food there is 10x better than the best mcdonalds meal. It's cooked with fresh and real foods at my old job. Anyone who eats at McD's should know that it's crap before they go in. Mcdonalds is essentially, the most popular, and the most unhealthy of all fast food chains.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-02, 3:39 PM #21
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
A lot of fast food is nasty. In-and-out is one of the few burger places I will eat at,.

If there was one in Colorado, I swear, I would eat there everyday.

I love in-and-out.
2005-12-03, 3:46 AM #22
Mmmmmm... In-And-Out Burger. Second best burgers I've ever had and it's fast food.

(Best burger is Brand X Burger in Orem, UT)
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-12-03, 4:33 AM #23
If it comes to fast-food chains nothing beats Subway.
I mean, you tell them how you want your food to be made. Can't get much better than that.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-12-03, 9:34 PM #24
Is Subway generally faster than McDonalds?
2005-12-03, 9:34 PM #25
Originally posted by fishstickz:
You obviously haven't been.

in-and-out's a small burger chain around the Los Angelos area (I think, it may have expanded.) They make good foods.

Hahaha, I think Echoman was referring to the rather unfortunate name. Reminds me of a sign I saw over a restaurant once. I assume it meant to say "Eat here once, and you'll be a regular" but it ended up reading "Eat here once, and you'll be regular"... :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-12-04, 3:08 AM #26
Originally posted by Echoman:
Is Subway generally faster than McDonalds?

I don't think so. But it is faster if the burger you want isn't available on the stinking pile of old burgers McDonalds always keeps...

But I never took the time and it always depends on how many people are in there and so on. And I've never before seen as many people in a Subway as there are in a high time in McDonalds, so it's hard to compare.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!