Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help me understand this
Help me understand this
2005-12-03, 8:52 AM #1
When I throw a party at my place, it's to get my friends together and have a good time just hanging out, drinking, playing games, and watching movies.

When my roommate throws a party, it's to get girls over here. The more, the better. But he doesn't plan on dancing with these girls. He has no plans of hooking up with these girls. He has no plans of even flirting with these girls. Yet, to him, if there are more guys than there are girls, the party has failed in one respect.

This seems to be a rather prevalent attitude concerning parties - "it's only worthwhile if there are girls who I can't touch." Why is the fact that there are more X chromosomes than Y chromosomes matter? I say, invite a girl because you want more people to hang out with, not because she's a girl. But I seem to be in a minority here.

Can anyone explain this to me? :confused:
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-03, 8:55 AM #2
I really hope there's not more X chromosomes than Y chromosomes...otherwise you've got yourself quite the "special" party. Seriously.

But I dunno--sometimes it sucks to just have one girl there, especially if it's a girlfriend or something. I love having some chicks at parties--it makes it more interesting when you're faded. Just me though.
D E A T H
2005-12-03, 8:55 AM #3
sorry, i don't like sausagefests
I can't stand too much male stupidity in one room
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-03, 8:58 AM #4
Yeah me neither, that's why I usually avoid the discussion forum
>.>
<.<
>.>
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-12-03, 12:24 PM #5
I can understand wanting to have girls at a party, as it makes for a better party for everyone. Guys that come to a party are expecting there to be girls.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-03, 12:28 PM #6
Girls are much better to look at than guys. Simple as that.
Warhead[97]
2005-12-03, 12:50 PM #7
parties that are gatherings of friends are one thing, but parties that are sausage fests are another.
2005-12-03, 3:21 PM #8
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I really hope there's not more Y chromosomes than X chromosomes...otherwise you've got yourself quite the "special" party. Seriously.[/QUOTE]Corrected for genetics.
2005-12-03, 3:25 PM #9
Originally posted by Warlord:
parties that are gatherings of friends are one thing, but parties that are sausage fests are another.

this is oh so true.

and if you invite me to a party, there had better be at least one single attractive girl there unless stated before hand that there wont be. cause i'm not going to lie, i'm a rockstar, i do what i want.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-12-03, 3:57 PM #10
Originally posted by Schming:
this is oh so true.

and if you invite me to a party, there had better be at least one single attractive girl there unless stated before hand that there wont be. cause i'm not going to lie, i'm a rockstar, i do what i want.

Good ol Schming, the hollywood Rock slut.

+ i agree, I need women at a party, single or not.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-12-04, 10:34 AM #11
Is alcohol involved, or is this a redundant question? ;)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-04, 11:09 AM #12
It's because he's insecure of his sexuality. More guys means omg lawl gay orgy, obviously.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-12-04, 11:21 AM #13
I've had fun at parties where there was a 4:1 female:male ratio; I've also had fun where there are no girls at all. You can get away with a lot more stupid stuff when there are no girls around.
Stuff
2005-12-04, 11:33 AM #14
Agreed. We never had any girls in our way at some high school parties I went to to be sissies and try to stop the most epic but good-natured brawl I have ever seen. Girls wouldn't understand.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-12-04, 12:26 PM #15
women allow for far more interesting conversations, whether flirting or not.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-12-04, 12:45 PM #16
Originally posted by Achelois:
It's because he's insecure of his sexuality. More guys means omg lawl gay orgy, obviously.

lol, can I come?
2005-12-04, 12:45 PM #17
I believe what you consider a party is really just friends hanging out. This is not a true party.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-04, 5:08 PM #18
Indeed. A party means lots of people, not a handful.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!