Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Members List?
Members List?
2005-12-03, 12:24 PM #1
Can I be reminded again why it's disabled? Yes I know about the text document, but why can't we have the forum list enabled?
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-03, 12:41 PM #2
Having "SELECT username FROM massassi" on a table that's about 10k in size done repeatedly would be a drain on the server.

Edit: Not only that, these 10K plus names have to be displayed. You could page it off, or display in one GINORMOUS page. Cost > Benefit I think is what it boils down.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!