Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Reccomend me a game
Reccomend me a game
2005-12-03, 12:55 PM #1
Requirements -
1. PS2/GCN, no PC or XBox.
2. Extremely good co-op
3. Split-screen co-op, no online

Extras -
1. FPS, I really would prefer it be an FPS actually
2. Maybe a little squad based, like I could spearhead an attack and my friend set up a machine gun nest or camp in a church steeple with a sniper rifle and provide cover.

I've got Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and we both love the co-op, stayed up late last night and I think we're close to beating it. Something like SC:CT would be good too, but first FPS's like what I asked. Thanks guy, me and my friend are extremely good on teams, and we know exactly what the other person's going to do so we're deadly. So...SUGGEST AWAY! Make them good guys.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-03, 12:56 PM #2
I think the Ghost Recon games are coop.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-03, 1:00 PM #3
Socom?
Timesplitters 1/2/3?
2005-12-03, 1:03 PM #4
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
Socom?
Timesplitters 1/2/3?

Tiberium, think before you post. SOCOM has no offline co-op. Oh, and we beat TS 2/3. Good times, but we want more hard-core action. Maybe if Call of Duty: Finest Hour had offline co-op :(

Oh and Kirby, we tried the GR co-op (rented it) and from what we could tell you had to beat the SP levels to get them co-op..but yeah, I'll rent it next weekend and try co-op in that with him.

Continue to suggest, I like where this is going.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-03, 1:17 PM #5
Brothers In Arms is fun. You get two AI teams and can tell them what to do. Splitscrean co-op and online play.
2005-12-03, 1:17 PM #6
Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked

I'm 99% postive it has offile co-op. I have the game, but I have yet to try playing with my brother (which is why the 1% lingers in my mind). But when i start it up, it has the Co-Op option, so I'm pretty sure it's there.

If you want action, THAT is the game you want.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-03, 1:18 PM #7
Oh, I agree with buck. I tried it: BARRELS of fun.
I wish conker 2 was on PS2 :gbk:
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-03, 1:20 PM #8
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked

I'm 99% postive it has offile co-op. I have the game, but I have yet to try playing with my brother (which is why the 1% lingers in my mind). But when i start it up, it has the Co-Op option, so I'm pretty sure it's there.

If you want action, THAT is the game you want.

Ya but the only problem is that I beat it in one day... So if you [anybody really] want good single player i suggest the first second or third ratchets [and there is no clank in deadlocked. IE he is there. you just don't get to play as him as in other ratchet games. [Why no clank? he kicks *** and his name isn't even teckniclally in the title! its real name is Ratchet Deadlocked]
End Rant
2005-12-03, 1:28 PM #9
Tiberium: I don't want SP, I want co-op. Don't reccomend the other Ratchets to me when that's not what I want (even though they rock, <3 Agent Clank).

My friend's mom (we're like brothers) just gave me a 50$ Wal-Mart gift card, so if deadlocked is in town I shall aquire it this week.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-03, 4:58 PM #10
WTF

X-Men Legends 1 and 2. Definitely. Lengthy, and excellent, plus you can probably pick up 1 for cheap.
D E A T H
2005-12-03, 5:04 PM #11
does Serious Sam: the Next Encounter have co-op?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-12-03, 5:12 PM #12
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]WTF

X-Men Legends 1 and 2. Definitely. Lengthy, and excellent, plus you can probably pick up 1 for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Aye. Great games right there.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-03, 5:12 PM #13
Lego Star Wars. XD It has co-op!
Seishun da!
2005-12-03, 5:15 PM #14
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

You know, I think it does.
D E A T H
2005-12-03, 5:34 PM #15
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:

We've played SS, had a kickass time, but after about our 10th play through we got tired of all the enemies.

Oh, we've done Lego Star Wars too. Awesome game :D
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-03, 9:10 PM #16
Best co-op game I've played recently was Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Seriously fun game to play with a friend. Best side-scrolling beat'em-up since Double Dragon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-03, 9:31 PM #17
Originally posted by Spork:
Best co-op game I've played recently was Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Seriously fun game to play with a friend. Best side-scrolling beat'em-up since Double Dragon.

The demo was most certainly excellent.
D E A T H
2005-12-03, 9:34 PM #18
X-Men Legends!
2005-12-03, 9:44 PM #19
Ok, Ratchet Deadlocked and X-Men Legends. Will buy them, but keep reccomending.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-04, 5:06 AM #20
Conflict Desert Storm 1/2 have co-op. I think it's up to four players on the GCN. Anyway, they're squad based but not FPS (played from third person).
2005-12-04, 12:42 PM #21
Oh man...I was waiting for someone to reccomend C: DS 1 and 2. I sold one once we beat it, but man...HOURS upon HOURS of fun. We had it down to an ART.
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!