Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Most hated symptoms
Most hated symptoms
2005-12-04, 6:40 PM #1
Me and Zloc are talking on MSN and at the moment I am not feeling very good at all. My mother things it's going to turn into something else, since I have a bad stomach pain at the moment. So far I think it's either going to be constipation or just continue to be a bad case of cramps.

It got me thinking though. I'm seriously thankful it's not the flu, because I hate puking more than anything, so how about you guys?

Vote on your most hated symptoms, and feel free to discuss them as well.

(please post and explain if you vote on the "Other" option)
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-12-04, 6:42 PM #2
about 90% of the time, when someone thinks they have the flu, they really have food poisoning.
2005-12-04, 6:43 PM #3
a few months ago i had a headache for 4 days :(
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-04, 6:44 PM #4
Ugh...puking isn't fun, especially when I wake up in the middle of the night shivering and cold and just go throw up something that didn't agree...but puking is also the most relieving, right up there with crapping if you're flu is just like that...so yeah, constipation is the worst. Constipated for a week once last year...parents were afraid to give my a laxitive, in case it wasn't constipation and that got rid of the only symptom.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-04, 6:45 PM #5
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Ugh...puking isn't fun, especially when I wake up in the middle of the night shivering and cold and just go throw up [...] puking is also the most relieving, right up there with crapping if you're flu is just like that...

Uh yeah, that's food poisoning.

Edit: If you get it with that kind of regularity, I suggest cooking your food before eating it, and maybe cleaning out the ol' fridge once in a fortnight. I've vomited maybe 3 times in my entire life, and one of those times was due to alcohol poisoning. Throwing up is your body's way of telling you not to eat something.
2005-12-04, 6:46 PM #6
[http://www.thebreakfastclubclan.org/graphics/bulletinboard/spaceballs_barf_glamor_shot.jpg]
2005-12-04, 6:47 PM #7
Stomach Cramps are the worst. Puking doesn't compare at all. >_o
2005-12-04, 6:48 PM #8
Heehee...Jon, I don't eat raw ham burger very often...

It's only happened about 6 times in the last couple years, so it's not a fridge thing. Hasn't happened recently. I don't, however, get out of school for that. I puke at 12:30 AM, go back to sleep, wake up, go to school, and generally ace any tests I take that day :P
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-04, 6:49 PM #9
Heehee...Jon, I don't eat raw ham burger very often...

It's only happened about 6 times in the last couple years, so it's not a fridge thing. Hasn't happened recently. I don't, however, get out of school for that. I puke at 12:30 AM, go back to sleep, wake up, go to school, and generally ace any tests I take that day :P

I stay home. But thats usually because I'm puking all day and can not control myself.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-12-04, 6:52 PM #10
I puke at 12:30 AM, go back to sleep, wake up, go to school
....yes, making it food poisoning. Not a flu. See my first comment in this thread. Throwing up is not a normal or healthy thing. If it's influenza you're also extremely unlikely to catch it more than once a year (unless you have a severely compromised immune system). Once you catch a strain you're immunized.

Edit: Food poisoning severity varies - sometimes it can last for a day or more, and be accompanied by diarrhea. But it's not an influenza infection in spite of what your parents told you. Sore throat, loss of equilibrium and appetite, congestion/cough, muscle aching or stiffness, are symptoms of influenza..
2005-12-04, 6:57 PM #11
Light headedness, sore throat and naesua. Since they all suck, I hit other.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-04, 7:05 PM #12
My parents never tell me it's flu. I tell them "Hey mom I puked last night. Feeling better though. Hand me the cereal."
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-04, 7:08 PM #13
I hate having an upset stomach the most because I can't eat.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-04, 7:09 PM #14
My parents never tell me it's flu. I tell them "Hey mom I puked last night. Feeling better though. Hand me the cereal."
I don't know, but if I frequently got food poisoning I would probably stop accepting food my mom handed me.
2005-12-04, 7:11 PM #15
I don't get it regularly. Maybe ONCE every four months, but more like once every six months. That is hardly regularly.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-04, 7:17 PM #16
Well, the next time it happens write down what you ate over the past 24 hours, where you ate it, who prepared it and when it was initially prepared (like, is it a left-over?). You might find a pattern.

For instance, I no longer eat at A&W. I don't want to get into specifics.
2005-12-04, 7:18 PM #17
Puking sucks. I hate it. Even when I know I'll feel better if I yack, I fight it.

Last Christmas, I had my gall bladder removed (Merry. Christmas. 0_o). Somehow, I got an ear infection while in the hospital, and I was totally dizzy for about 10 days - puking and the works. Not fun.

The runs... I can deal with that (and have been for the last few days. :eek: )

Too Much Information!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-12-04, 7:19 PM #18
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Well, the next time it happens write down what you ate over the past 24 hours, where you ate it, who prepared it and when it was initially prepared (like, is it a left-over?). You might find a pattern.

For instance, I no longer eat at A&W. I don't want to get into specifics.

Will do, Jon. Last time was...I dunno, maybe mid-summer? So I have no idea what it may be.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-04, 8:37 PM #19
The worst and most annoying I ever get is a runny nose.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-12-04, 8:44 PM #20
Originally posted by RTgrl:
Stomach Cramps are the worst. Puking doesn't compare at all. >_o

I can attest to this.

When I wake up in the morning, I am totally dehydrated, so the first thing I do is chug some water. However, sometimes, it hurts like hell when I do that, yet other times I feel fine afterwards. One time, it hurt so much it brought me to my knees and it took a few minutes to pass.
2005-12-04, 8:48 PM #21
Haven't puked for 2 years! Trying to make a habit of not puking.
2005-12-04, 9:06 PM #22
A stuffed-up nose is the worst thing ever.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-12-04, 11:00 PM #23
I posted other, and mine would be swollen throat. Either due to strep or drainage due to allergies, it sucks. Feels like a weak midget on your back trying to bring you down.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-12-04, 11:42 PM #24
Used to be puking... But then I got used to puking, cause for a while I had this weird problem (probably stress related) where I couldn't eat anyting without puking... It sucked cause I lost a lot of weight (I was down to about 135lbs and I'm 6'3") but I got to the point where puking doesn't even phase me..

So I selected The Runs...
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-04, 11:42 PM #25
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
I posted other, and mine would be swollen throat. Either due to strep or drainage due to allergies, it sucks. Feels like a weak midget on your back trying to bring you down.

Next time, check a mirror to make sure Kirby's not attatched to you.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-04, 11:46 PM #26
Hard to choose from headache or stomach ache, but at least with a messed up stomach I can sit down and the pain somewhat eases.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-05, 3:40 AM #27
I voted stomach cramps, but right up there at second is when you really want to throw up because you know you'll feel better if you do, but you just can't. You go to the toilet and gag, but nothing comes out. I hate that.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-12-05, 3:48 AM #28
ugh, sore throats.

It hurts and hurts constantly because its something us Humans do constantly.

:mad:
2005-12-05, 3:59 AM #29
Puking is a horrible, horrible feeling. Just about any other symptom on there you can take a couple sleeping pills or nyquil and be blissfully unaware of it for a few hours.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-12-05, 4:56 AM #30
Back pain can be horrendous and constant. My back was so bad the other week it hurt to breath in and out, let alone move any part of my body. Relief came when lying in bed felt like 2 daggers being twisted in my back, as opposed to 2 dozen while walking.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-05, 7:17 AM #31
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the term "puke"? It sounds so juvenile.
2005-12-05, 7:20 AM #32
Vomit sounds better than puke, I have to admit.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-05, 7:23 AM #33
other - hysteria and hallucinations
2005-12-05, 9:31 AM #34
headaches and muscle pain i just can't stand. feeling like a truck ran you over for 2 days isn't fun when you mostly work physically.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2005-12-05, 1:47 PM #35
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
You go to the toilet and gag, but nothing comes out. I hate that.

Oh man...I hate that. Especially when I've got an insane head ache with my nausea, and puking would make both go away because it's happened before.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-05, 2:32 PM #36
Being unable to move without feeling extreme pain.
2005-12-06, 8:17 PM #37
Hey Jon, guess what? Last night after my basketball game (that roaylly sucked, by the way) I ate a double quarter pounder from McDonalds that was a less than mediocre burger. I went to bed, and at 2 AM I wake up and my stomach feels nauseus (spelling?), so I go and puke. Come back, 20 minutes later I get "the runs". I went and evacuated myself, and fell asleep again at 3 AM. The vomit smelled like the burger did somewhat, so I am hereby BOYCOTTING MCD'S. THEY GAVE ME A BAD BURGER THAT FOOD-POISONED ME.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-07, 5:28 AM #38
Originally posted by Jon`C:
about 90% of the time, when someone thinks they have the flu, they really have food poisoning.

Yeah, I had food poisoning a few weeks ago. I wanted to die.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!