Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wish me luck...
Wish me luck...
2005-12-05, 5:22 PM #1
Tommorrow I have a job interview at a Chevy dealer for a car salesman position. (I'm going to park a little bit of a ways away so they won't know that I drive a Ford). Any vibrations you send my way would be greatly appreciated.
2005-12-05, 5:27 PM #2
Even destructive ones?
2005-12-05, 5:35 PM #3
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Even destructive ones?

Positive vibes would be preferable. :p
2005-12-05, 5:35 PM #4
/me sends 'em

Good luck, Page!
2005-12-05, 5:37 PM #5
*The wolfs are really at Pages door now...*
It might work....

*SUPERVIBERATES*
2005-12-05, 5:41 PM #6
*vibes*

(small piece of advice, though: if you do get this job, i'd really suggest getting a cevvy soon. not only will it save you from parking far away all the time, but the better salesmen are always those who actually use the thing they're selling. otherwise you'll never be able to work up any sort of coviction when selling to people, unles you're a good actor, in which case you're jsut being a hypocrit. But i'll give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you're waiting for this job to pan out before getting a new car.)
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2005-12-05, 5:43 PM #7
Good Luck, Dude! :D
Pissed Off?
2005-12-05, 6:00 PM #8
Quote:
(small piece of advice, though: if you do get this job, i'd really suggest getting a cevvy soon. not only will it save you from parking far away all the time, but the better salesmen are always those who actually use the thing they're selling. otherwise you'll never be able to work up any sort of coviction when selling to people, unles you're a good actor, in which case you're jsut being a hypocrit. But i'll give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you're waiting for this job to pan out before getting a new car.)
I don't think it'd be worth the sacrifice. :p

Seriously though, he's got a bit of a point. Not always true though. Right now I'm selling t-mobile wireless, and I use Verizon (still in contract), and I'm one of the top sales agents at my location.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-05, 7:03 PM #9
Well, ok, here's anouther point, Sarn. Do you prefer Verizon or T-Mobile? I understand the contract thing, i was a verizon salesman for a bit so i know all about the contracts. I'm going to assume you prefer T-Mobile (correct me if i'm wrong), so for you it wouldn't be that you like verizon, jsut that you can't get out of having one for the time being. Like i said, i'm going to assume page doesn't want to so something as drastic as getting a new car for an interview, i jsut suggested the switch when he became the salesman

(edit: i see i kinda got sidetracked, my point was that the best salesman are those that prefer the item they're selling, and if you have one its all the easier to know all the good bits and truly believe its the better choice)
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2005-12-05, 7:06 PM #10
vibes! good luck!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-12-05, 8:02 PM #11
*shakes world*

↑ Up to the top!