Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I freaking give up.
I freaking give up.
2005-12-05, 6:28 PM #1
Yeah, girl thread/blog time. I have to rant to someone, even if it's people I don't really know over the internet. I just have to get it out of me before I hit something or someone.

I've liked two girls for a long time. One of them at my school, who in my opinion is absolutely gorgeous, but due to being a complete *** in all of middle school, making multiple mistakes which we won't even go into, she really dislikes me. Okay, I guess I can deal with that. Now my best friend, who shares my free period, also shares the same free period with the girl. They get along fine, because my friend is somehow really compatible with the girl, even though he doesn't like her. He just flirts with her for fun, and she likes it. He really doesn't care that it hurts me, considering he hasn't stopped doing it.

Okay, so earlier, he introduces me to his cousin, who is also gorgeous, and smart, and nice. Sweet, and my friend starts me off step by step on being her friend. I become her friend, cool, and I really like her. We had a brief thing a year ago where we admitted we liked each other but decided it would be best to remain friends, which was painful. At the most recent thanksgiving, she gave quite a few sings that I believe(d) she liked me again as more than a friend, so I was all happy.

Guess what, tonight she told me she's going out with another guy at her school, even though I still love her to death (All you adults out there who say 'you can't love someone yet, you're too young', I've known her and been her friend for about three years now, and I think I do love her.)

I mean, what the hell, does life hate me or what? This is like 5 constant years of pain by the hands of females, and I thought I was doing bloody decently, at least with one of them.

Go ahead and laugh now, call me Emo McEmopants, I don't care, I'm feeling a bit better.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-12-05, 6:32 PM #2
Well someone needs vibes,,
:gbk: Thats sad man but im sure you shall get through it. Your to cool to be sadl over something like this .
[You really do kick ***]
2005-12-05, 6:33 PM #3
Just put yourself in situations where you meet lots of chicks. Just be a man and the rest will take care of itself.
2005-12-05, 6:34 PM #4
Thanks. I'll be fine, I just have to hit my friend for not telling me she (his cousin, the one I like) was going out with someone, even though he knew in advance.

As for you, Page, you ladies-man you, I'm not the kind of guy to go wild with random girls. I go out with the ones I actually like. Like these two.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-12-05, 6:38 PM #5
remember my son, time giveth, and time taketh away.
2005-12-05, 6:38 PM #6
Then you just need to act on the fact that you like them.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-05, 6:39 PM #7
Page didn't say go wild with random girls.

His advice was sound, put yourself in a situation where you can meet lots of girls, allow your personality to shine and you're bound to meet at least one who you like.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-12-05, 6:43 PM #8
Originally posted by Detty:
His advice was sound, put yourself in a situation where you can meet lots of girls, allow your personality to shine and you're bound to meet at least one who you like.
Lousy advice when given to a person who is in love with a specific someone. "There are plenty of fish in the sea" blah blah blah. Rrrrright. I want that one.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2005-12-05, 6:45 PM #9
I agree with Page.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-12-05, 6:58 PM #10
Originally posted by Fardreamer:
Lousy advice when given to a person who is in love with a specific someone. "There are plenty of fish in the sea" blah blah blah. Rrrrright. I want that one.

Thank you.

I love how whenever I post a girl thread, it turns into the same thing. "Go like someone else" or "be more manly and pimp hoes". (Not exaggerating at all here, guys! ;)) But I mean, every time, it's something like that!

As for Page's advice as translated by Detty, it seems like a good idea on paper, but really quite hard to put into action. Plus, I go to a small school, where everyone knows each other, and these are the only two girls I've ever met that I really, really like. BTW, I just had a sense of déja vu that I've posted that exact sentence before. Thought I'd share that.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-12-05, 7:05 PM #11
Then tell her how you feel, or don't. Those are the only options you have.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-05, 7:06 PM #12
Kill them all.
Stuff
2005-12-05, 7:14 PM #13
Heh, that was my original thought, Kyle. Fortunately, it only lasted a few seconds.

I am going to tell her that it was a shock, at least, next time I get to talk to her. She signed off. I can be a friend, anyway, I'm good at that. Ask about him and stuff in a non-wanting-to-kill-him seeming manner... :p
DO NOT WANT.
2005-12-05, 7:29 PM #14
Issues:

Girl 1 is not interested in you for whatever reason: You two never dated. You never had a thing, and she seems to have a rather strong dislike for you. I don't think it's right for a friend to date someone's ex, but getting pissed off at him just because you think a particular girl is attractive? Wow. What happens if he gets married and you think his wife is hot? Should he get a divorce?

Girl 2 may or may not have been interested in you, but her interest ended the second she said "Let's just be friends". This is game over. There is no turning back. People might be coy about whether or not they find someone attractive, but when they say "it's not going to happen" that means it's not going to happen. Even if she was playing a particularly brutal game of hard-to-get, she would have been waiting for you to make a move and now she's moving on.

Follow... sigh... Pagewizard's advice. Get in a position to meet lots of girls, be really friendly with them, and eventually you'll find someone who's interested in you. Are you a bit out of shape and dumpy? Get into shape. You'll feel better and you'll be more attractive. Maybe get a haircut or some new clothes. Whatever makes you feel better, because that's more important than anything else when it comes to impressing people.
2005-12-05, 7:29 PM #15
Just wait until they start dating their cokehead exboyfriend so he doesnt commit suicide after a single matter of passion, and then still calls you because all she wants is you. ****ing confusing.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-12-05, 7:44 PM #16
Originally posted by Jon`C:
[sigh]

I wasn't asking for a lengthy description on how wrong I'm going about things, here... That's the last thing I need really. Girl 1 is not an issue anymore, it's just a thing that pisses me off that my friend really doesn't care about what I feel when he flirts with her! He doesn't even like her, he actually thinks she has a few problems that lead to her being a jerk, but still, he does stuff around her that he knows hurt me, but he does them anyway. I still think she's a very pretty girl, and it pains me to see her avoid my gaze so coldly and then have a great time with my friend.

Girl 2 is tricky. She's a one-of-a-kind girl who actually means it when she says 'let's be friends', she understands people's feelings, etc etc. What really kills me is how she was sending strong signs that she liked me again (remember, she said that she wanted to be friends a year ago), like giving me a signed card and telling me to keep it in my wallet very much randomly. Seems like a small joke, but if you think about it, and my friend (He's a pain in the *** when it comes to girl #1, but a great help when it comes to girl #2, as she is his cousin (and is only one year younger than me, you perverts)) agrees with me that this seems like a bit more than friendly. And today she asks if I want to go with her and some friends to a movie. And bamf, she drops the bomb. Ouch, my soul.

Get it now? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to change my lifestyle and try to meet other girls until I sort thins girl #2 issue out. Thank you for trying to help me though. :)
DO NOT WANT.
2005-12-05, 7:56 PM #17
Originally posted by Zell:
She's a one-of-a-kind girl who actually means it when she says 'let's be friends'.

No she doesn't.
Stuff
2005-12-05, 8:07 PM #18
Well
You know that it's going to be alright
I think it's gonna be alright
Everything will always be alright
When we go shopping.
2005-12-05, 8:36 PM #19
i'd say, just let it go. i'm assuming your in high school? or even if your in college. your young. keep it loose. who the hell cares if some girl just f'ed up your whole life. there are always more. it's not like you can honestly say you planned to marry this girl. i went through 3 girlfriends in the past year. it rocked. don't focus on one girl, until you'r seriously dating her. keep it loose...
i know a vegan dairy farmer
2005-12-05, 8:52 PM #20
Unless, of course, your girlfriend is awesome. Especially if she's geekier than you are. :D
Stuff
2005-12-05, 8:57 PM #21
not to hard to find for me... getting good grades doesn't make you a geek does it? as long as you don't watch star trek.
i know a vegan dairy farmer
2005-12-05, 9:12 PM #22
kyle90 and i, i think , have had similar luck in the GF dep't. :D. I wouldn't say she's geekier than me tho, but hey :D
2005-12-05, 9:19 PM #23
Proof!

Quote:
Kyle: I am 38.65878% geek
Kyle: http://www.innergeek.us/
[...]
RT/Mary: 39.44773%
Kyle: j00 win
RT/Mary: yay
RT/Mary: female geek bonus points FTW
Kyle: I bow before thee, superior geek
Stuff
2005-12-05, 9:25 PM #24
So. Lets make this clear. Its WOMEN, NOT VIDEO GAMES. That drive guys crazy and make them say and do silly things.

Ps. If you want to make sure she loves you back, push her in the ocean and see which form of sealife eats her first.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2005-12-05, 9:27 PM #25
Originally posted by Zell:
What really kills me is how she was sending strong signs that she liked me again (remember, she said that she wanted to be friends a year ago), like giving me a signed card and telling me to keep it in my wallet very much randomly. :)

Dude... like jonC said, "Lets just be friends" = total termination of opportunity.

There is no such thing as a one-of-a-kind girl. Chicks come and go, it's simply a matter of finding one that has enough potential for things to work out.

Just because a chick flirts with you and gives you a signed card means nothing in and of itself. Either she was just trying to be friendly or even worse, she was just messing with your head. A lot of chicks are damaged goods and they love playing games with people b/c that's how they bost their egos and get themselves off. Any of the little things you think are "strong signals" should be disregarded unless she does several of them.
2005-12-05, 9:32 PM #26
I had this with one of my friends who I had liked since freshman year of high school. I just recently told him I like him. He, of course, didn't like me back (or won't admit as everyone who knows him tells me.) It hurts, but the best thing is to try and move on. Don't give up! You can still love her, just realize it's probably not going to work out so that love probably won't be returned the way you want it to. Try dating other people...ya never know.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-12-06, 3:04 AM #27
Well this thread just went and ruined my day, as I'm in a similar sort of situation (in regards to Girl 2) and I still had a smidgen of hope. Crap. :(
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus

↑ Up to the top!