Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Survey - Video Games
Survey - Video Games
2005-12-05, 7:36 PM #1
Hello all,

Currently doing a survey for school work, and I am looking for truthful answers, not idiotic ones to try and be cool. Please feel free to fill out the following survey. Your name will remain anonymous (Even though you're already anonymous with the gaming name).

Survey Below:
--------------------------------------

How many hours a week do you spend playing Video Games?

What genre of Video Games do you enjoy the most?

Adventure
Strategy
Stealth
Role-Playing
Shooter
Sport

Which do you play more?

Singleplayer

Or

Multiplayer

--------------------------------------

Thanks in advanced.
There's only one thing that im scared of, and it's Pixels... THERE EVERYWHERE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *runs through a wall*
2005-12-05, 7:44 PM #2
Hours per week:
Varies alot.... I'd say I can typically park myself in front of the Xbox for 3 hours or so a day.... so..... probably somewhere in the range of 24 hours a week. Give or take.

Games Enjoyed:
Shooter
Stealth
RP

SP or MP:
It's about equal.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-12-05, 7:50 PM #3
Q1: 5 to 35, depends on how much time I've got on my hands.

Q2: In order of priority: Adventure (as in Quests), Role-Playing, FPS (if that's what you meant by "Shooter"). But since there are not many good adventure games out (although, with gem exceptions - Siberia!) nowadays, and I'm yet to play a better RPG than Fallout or Planescape, I mostly play the beforementioned shooters nowadays.

Q3: Definetly single player.

Heh, I'm installing MGS2 as I'm typing this.
幻術
2005-12-05, 7:56 PM #4
Actually, nevermind that, I forgot I don't have 8 gigs of space.
幻術
2005-12-05, 7:57 PM #5

To Many, WAY to many. Probably around 25-35 average, but there have been times where I have probably topped 80 (unemployed over the summer)

You are asking me to chose? I can narrow it down to three for you: Adventure/Strategy/Role-Playing. If you want me to chose JUST one... I guess I have to go with Adventure.

But I will not hesitate to pick up a Shooter, Stealth, or other game if it catche's my eye.

Which do you play more?

Hand's down, Singleplayer
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2005-12-05, 7:57 PM #6
1: 20 to 25 hours (Wow... Where is my life going?)

2: Shooters and Strategy.

3: Multiplayer.
2005-12-05, 8:17 PM #7
No action?

Too Much

Action

Single-Player
2005-12-05, 8:44 PM #8

Nine, but that's only one week a month. Believe me when I say I want to play more. :p

Shooter I'd say.

Which do you play more?

Singleplayer, but if the game has good multiplayer I'll go for that almost everytime.
2005-12-05, 11:55 PM #9
Depends how bad my hand feels (yay carpal tunnel!) and if I'm working on side projects, could be anywhere from 10-30 or so

Shooter
Flight/Space Sim <= need option
Stealth

Which do you play more?
Singleplayer
although I do play JO quite a bit, and get on Raven Shield every now and then
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-12-06, 12:55 AM #10
20-40 hours

Shooters (does GTA fit into this?)
a bit of RPG every here and there, plus platformers... like Viewtiful Joe 1/2 shooters are the current phase :P

Singleplayer hand down
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-06, 1:09 AM #11
On my "prime", I played videogames perhaps 50% of the time I was awake... so that would make 49 hours a week. Nowadays it's probably 1 hour a week, unless editing counts which used to be around 49 hours a week too but now it's... 1-20 hours a week. Lately it has been extremely low...

Role-playing, shooters and strategy. Even though nowadays it ain't that much strategy.

Single Player. I'm again starting to like multiplayer as well, but SP is always more important for me.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-06, 3:24 AM #12
About 10 hours a week I would guess.

Primarily RPG.

SP. (Unless having your wife telling you where to go and what to do counts as MP :P)
2005-12-06, 6:05 AM #13
WoW
2005-12-06, 6:27 AM #14
- Probably about 12-14 hours.

- Shooter, sport

- Multiplayer, but it's probably just about even.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-06, 6:29 AM #15

- I'd say about 20 hours

- Adventure
(An observation: Was leaving out Fighting and Driving intentional?)

Which do you play more?

- Multiplayer
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-06, 1:10 PM #16
I actually consider Fighting and Driving games to fit more under sport, but that's just me I guess.

Thanks for all the responses guys :)
There's only one thing that im scared of, and it's Pixels... THERE EVERYWHERE!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *runs through a wall*
2005-12-06, 2:22 PM #17
Usually about five. Going to a college that's on the quarter system tends to change the way you spend your time.

Strategy

Which do you play more?
Multiplayer
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-12-06, 2:24 PM #18
2 or three hours

Shooters

Single player, apart from the times I have had access to a LAN, which makes multiplayer fun.
2005-12-06, 2:26 PM #19
6 Hours

Shooter

Multyplayer
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-12-06, 2:29 PM #20

7-8 hours

Shooter

Which do you play more?

Multiplayer
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2005-12-06, 3:13 PM #21

- 20-40. Depends on my work shifts and gas, hah.

- Shooter

Which do you play more?

- Multiplayer (if it wasn't for WoW it would be SP because of this curse called '56k'.)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!