Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Microsoft is being sued over the 360 glitch
Microsoft is being sued over the 360 glitch
2005-12-05, 9:29 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/tc_nm/media_xbox_dc

Haha totally frigging pwned.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-12-05, 9:32 PM #2
Ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaaaaaarr
2005-12-05, 9:32 PM #3
I call that "Getting what you deserve."

There's a reason I waited a while to get a PS2, and only got the PSP right when it came out because it had already gone through testing in Japan.
D E A T H
2005-12-05, 9:33 PM #4
Can we sue for flaws in Windows OS?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-05, 9:35 PM #5
1) Some things launch with glitches, it's a fact of life. It's also why you don't buy a new car model the year it comes out.

2) At most the guy's just going to win a replacement 360 in court.
2005-12-05, 10:26 PM #6
Ahh... the X-box 360, essentially an advanced PC.

I'll wait till all 3 consoles are out to judge which one I want.

My PSP and GC and X-box 1 have plenty of sweet games I have yet to finish in the meantime.

Online socom is so much fun... and it's only on my PSP. I'll enjoy that alot more than some of the 360 launch titles I'm sure.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-05, 11:13 PM #7
Sounds like a fun situation.
Attachment: 9109/360Oops.jpg (16,659 bytes)
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-12-06, 1:02 AM #8
"Totally frigging pwned"?

No. Not in the slightest bit.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-12-06, 7:12 AM #9
Originally posted by Veger:

Yeah, with not enough fans. Unlike my PC, which has 7 80mm fans. :D
2005-12-06, 7:17 AM #10
Originally posted by THRAWN:

Yea, that guy will get his *** pwned in court.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-12-06, 7:25 AM #11
Originally posted by Echoman:
Can we sue for flaws in Windows OS?

You know how long it'd take to list all those? :rolleyes:
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-12-06, 7:14 PM #12
Originally posted by Veger:
No, the Xbox 360 is quite a bit different from an ordinary PC. It uses a heavily modified multi-core Power5 chip and a modified/stripped-down ATI R520 (X1000-series). The CPU is altered for in-order execution, making it very poor at general-purpose computing. It doesn't affect game performance though, and it cuts the price of the chip because it strips away so many transistors.

The Revolution will also contain a modified Power5, and either a next-generation ArtX-variant chip or (more likely) a stripped-down R520 (much like the Xbox 360, only the budget edition that's cut down to like 2 pipelines and runs at 1 hz).

PS3 is a bit more interesting on the hardware front. Multi-core/multi-threaded (6-9, no official confirmation) Cell processor with an extraordinarily beefy NVIDIA GPU based on the 7800-series. It's fast. In terms of graphical power it's going to be the fastest console in the next generation by leaps and bounds, but we have yet to see if any game companies can use that kind of power competently.
2005-12-06, 7:27 PM #13
Originally posted by Jon`C:
No, the Xbox 360 is quite a bit different from an ordinary PC. It uses a heavily modified multi-core Power5 chip and a modified/stripped-down ATI R520 (X1000-series). The CPU is altered for in-order execution, making it very poor at general-purpose computing. It doesn't affect game performance though, and it cuts the price of the chip because it strips away so many transistors.

The Revolution will also contain a modified Power5, and either a next-generation ArtX-variant chip or (more likely) a stripped-down R520 (much like the Xbox 360, only the budget edition that's cut down to like 2 pipelines and runs at 1 hz).

PS3 is a bit more interesting on the hardware front. Multi-core/multi-threaded (6-9, no official confirmation) Cell processor with an extraordinarily beefy NVIDIA GPU based on the 7800-series. It's fast. In terms of graphical power it's going to be the fastest console in the next generation by leaps and bounds, but we have yet to see if any game companies can use that kind of power competently.

Xbox 360) Yeah

Revolution) No...it's going to be a very decent card. Probably something like an X800, maybe a bit better. Stop exagerrating to the point of stupidity. Oh hey, looky der, you can't ban me.

PS3) Not really...the Cell processor, if it's ever released, is going to have architectural problems out the wazoo. Every new architecture does, and you never see it until mass release. If all 6 of its supposedly functioning cores even end up working towards the same purpose, and not just puttering and die out, I'll be impressed, considering how testing is going on the thing. I was excited for it, but now I'm just scared by the implication that it could kill Sony (especially with a rumored 2007 release). The GPU, however, is NOT based on the 7800--in fact, the 7800GTX in the dev kits was morbidly underpowered compared to the GPU. If by "based on" you mean "loosely tied to while melting the face of", then yes. Otherwise, you, sir, are incorrect.
D E A T H
2005-12-06, 7:28 PM #14
Does micro$oft care?

Is the 360 doomed?

Will the ps3 win out

WILL I EVER REACH 1000 POSTS!?!?!?!

Next time on : Massassi
2005-12-06, 7:52 PM #15
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Revolution) No...it's going to be a very decent card. Probably something like an X800, maybe a bit better. Stop exagerrating to the point of stupidity. Oh hey, looky der, you can't ban me.[/QUOTE]Aww, did I hurt the little baby by saying I don't like the little baby's favorte lullaby? Poor little baby. :(
2005-12-06, 8:07 PM #16
Aww, did I hurt the little baby by saying I don't like the little baby's favorte lullaby? Poor little baby. :(

You didn't hurt anyone, baby or no, though I'm sure you would have loved to. Sorry, Jon, no cigar.
D E A T H
2005-12-06, 8:08 PM #17
You are acting very silly.
2005-12-06, 8:13 PM #18
Jon'c Wins
2005-12-06, 8:16 PM #19
haha, imsoshort sided with you. That means I win.

Edit: If you go into #massassi and call me, or anybody else an idiot, you get banned. I kicked you once as a warning and then you did it again. Maybe you shouldn't be dragging this here unless you want the forum admins to ban you as well?
2005-12-06, 8:41 PM #20
[http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/ehlee/Images/Pictures/nelson.gif]
2005-12-06, 8:53 PM #21
haha, imsoshort sided with you. That means I win.

Edit: If you go into #massassi and call me, or anybody else an idiot, you get banned. I kicked you once as a warning and then you did it again. Maybe you shouldn't be dragging this here unless you want the forum admins to ban you as well?

Yes, they're going to ban me for saying something about it. Trust me, I'd get told if that was a bannable offense. I've never been banned for calling someone an idiot, except by you.
D E A T H
2005-12-06, 9:33 PM #22
Y'all are ri-friggin-diculous.
2005-12-06, 9:39 PM #23
Sometimes I still think I'm at the same Massassi when I was like 10 years old and everyone was children.
2005-12-06, 9:43 PM #24
Just popping in now to say that this would be a good point at which to turn the thread back down a civil route.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!