Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need your help to be famous!
I need your help to be famous!
2005-12-06, 4:59 PM #1
Good news: I've been asked by the county to make a dozen PSA's (Public Service Announcements) to be broadcast around the county at schools, court houses, and possibly on the local television stations around here. The topics include drinking and driving, honesty and cheating (for the schools), and a couple others I'll post later. They have to be around 15-30 seconds each.

Bad news: They're due next week.

I've been known to make high quality shorts, so I don't want to do a half-assed job, especially if these are going to be broadcast around the county. I need some creative ideas! Possibly some funny ones, serious ones, exciting ones... anything. I want to make each PSA different and unique, but each high quality. That's 12 different ideas! I'm stressed! Help me!
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-12-06, 5:06 PM #2
Drunk driver passes out at the wheel. Stats on drunk driving roll across screen followed by a black screen with a CRASH sounf in the backgrioung...
Ya it sucks
2005-12-06, 6:11 PM #3
I don't think funny PSA announcements would get the message straight, but it would sure make it memorable!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-06, 6:25 PM #4
What kind of video capabilities do you have? Could you film something high speed and play it back normal so it looks slow motion? If so, you could intercut the stats Tiberium was talking about with an empty beer bottle falling to the ground (black ground and background) and smashing.

Mebby some kid taking a standardized test all pale, sweaty, and nervous. And then something about how he should have done his own work in high school. Hmmm... or not.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-12-06, 6:33 PM #5
You should do one on procrastination too.
2005-12-06, 6:36 PM #6
Open up with a scene in some sort of industrial complex. Steam rises from open pipes under the floor grating. Then pan left to the sweat-covered brow of a man holding a handgun. Suddenly another man dives down a flight of stairs, shooting a rain of bullets at the first person. He raises his gun and lets off a single shot, which pierces straight through the attacker's heart. He dies instantly.

Then cut to outside, where the police are putting the first guy in a police car. The picture blurs as the door slams shut, and the white text appears on the screen: "IF YOU PLAY VIDEO GAMES... YOU WILL KILL SOMEONE".
2005-12-06, 6:57 PM #7
rather than just a crash because of drinking and driving.. so what happens to a person when they get caught drinking and driving. loss of license, insurance rates go up.. your driving record gets and automatic 6 points, jail time, all the money that is involved in like attorney bills, court costs, re-instatement fee's. ect ect.. i unfortunatly had to go through most of these things and im stilling paying for it over a year later.

im just thinking if you tell people what will happen to you after the fact, it may be a little more effective than just "a drunk person driving and then crashing".

of course if your drunk and you wreck and kill someone, your looking at vehicular homocide.. and that's a little more serious. you'd probably get 10-20 years for that.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-12-06, 8:16 PM #8
I think that would be vehicular manslaughter . Homocide only counts if you do it on purpose I think.
2005-12-07, 5:13 AM #9
Video games are taking the nation by storm. Even thought studies have shown the 99.9% of people play trhem they dont kill people. I think this is a load of crap. In my days the video games we had were playin tiddilywinks and that is a great script for a PSA
Derrka Derrka Allah Jihad
2005-12-07, 5:15 AM #10
Originally posted by withoutadoubt06:
Video games are taking the nation by storm. Even thought studies have shown the 99.9% of people play trhem they dont kill people. I think this is a load of crap. In my days the video games we had were playin tiddilywinks and that is a great script for a PSA

that is the best script you will ever get from me
Derrka Derrka Allah Jihad

↑ Up to the top!