Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Simpsons
The Simpsons
2005-12-07, 6:31 PM #1
Is it just me or have the new episodes been sucking as of laye?
2005-12-07, 6:31 PM #2
Nah.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-07, 6:32 PM #3
I think they've been sucking for at least 5 years, but yeah, the latest ones have made me cringe more than usual.
2005-12-07, 6:33 PM #4
I just posted this.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU OST SO FAST!
2005-12-07, 6:37 PM #5
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

I'm Jesus.
2005-12-07, 6:39 PM #6
Me too

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-07, 6:41 PM #7
It doesn't matter. Simpsons > Family Guy > *. End of story. Simpsons will always rock.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-07, 6:51 PM #8
If I had a nickle for every time some asked that question . . .
Pissed Off?
2005-12-07, 7:09 PM #9
You would pay off your box?..... ;)
2005-12-07, 7:17 PM #10
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:

The post appears on the forum before the poll does. So people can respond to the post while you're still editing the poll options.

And I agree, after recently watching the seasons 5 and 6 DVDs, The Simpsons has gone a hell of a long way downhill.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-07, 8:03 PM #11
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
It doesn't matter. Simpsons > Family Guy > *. End of story. Simpsons will always rock.

Nah, you just don't get Family Guys humor.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-07, 8:05 PM #12
No, I get it. It just seems too pointless.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-07, 8:31 PM #13
Ok, I'd like to know the point of The Simpsons humor. Enlighten me. :)
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-07, 8:47 PM #14
While I won't turn off the Simpsons if it's on, Family Guy has taken it's place as must see television. On Sundays, I have to be back to college by FG time, not the Simpsons. There have been good Simpsons episodes the past few seasons, but I don't think they are nearly as consistantly funny as they were in the shows prime.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-12-07, 8:53 PM #15
This year, save for one episode, Family Guy has been extremely disappointing to me. And it featured , in my opinion, one of the worst and most irritating jokes I have ever seen on televesion. I'm referring to Stewie's "so, gonna work on that novel?". You can tell that Seth couldn't think of one damn thing to write, so he dragged out that joke for over 2 minutes, and I swear to go i was gonna throw the TV out the window. The episode with Stewie/Disney was just genius. Anything else so far though, has been par or worse. Frankly, I've found American Dad more blatantly offensive and funnier than Family Guy. It started out the exact opposite, but now they have switched roles.

Regarding the Simpsons, I haven't gotten to see to much of this season. But last season and even the season before, they really made some strides and returned to some really good episodes (President Wore Pearls, Pattie adopts the Chinese, an episode of Catholic bashing, robot Wars, Futuredrama). I can't really comment on it this year. I'll have to "look out for" the episodes...*cough*. After 16.5 seasons, I'm not surprised that it's starting to lack in quality. I mean, South Park pretty much got it right in "SIMPSONS DID IT!". They have done too much stuff, and they are just running out of somewhat realistic plotlines to follow, and have to keep making them more and more bizzare.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-08, 3:14 AM #16
BRING BACK FUTURAMA
2005-12-08, 3:51 AM #17
FUTURAMA > *

BENDER > STEWIE
2005-12-08, 6:55 AM #18
Rob speaks the truth.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-08, 7:34 AM #19
Yeah, the newer simpsons really suck. Even the voices and drawing styles seem somehow different recently.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-12-08, 7:45 AM #20
I don't know if the episodes I've randomly seen are old or new, but they've been funny... or at least amusing. But still, couldn't care less of that series.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-08, 7:50 AM #21
Originally posted by Avenger:
If I had a nickle for every time some asked that question . . .

If I did... I'd have a nickle!
EDIT: I'd vote, but I don't have TV. :(
2005-12-08, 12:17 PM #22
The Simpsons has suck for a looong time now.

You can't keep good episodes going forever. They've got about 350+ now. I just can't watch it anymore.

American Dad is getting great though. It only started here a few weeks ago.
nope.
2005-12-08, 12:19 PM #23
No, I get it. It just seems too pointless.

At your age, you probably DON'T get it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-08, 3:07 PM #24
where is the, "I dont live in the U.S., so we dont have the latest episodes yet" option?
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-12-08, 3:44 PM #25
Being British, and having the greatest sense of humour here, I have to say Family Guy is better by miles. Simpsons had it's run.

Family Guy is awesome. The people who don't like it just don't get it, as previously mentioned. Family Guy just gets better and better ... while Simpsons just gets worse.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2005-12-08, 4:13 PM #26
The simpsons puts everything in perspective for me.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-12-08, 4:54 PM #27
oh snap
Moo.
2005-12-08, 7:06 PM #28
Originally posted by Emon:
At your age, you probably DON'T get it.

Agreed. My 12 year old cousin loves the Simpsons, yet when I watch it with him, I'll notice a Pulp Fiction or Miami Vice reference and laugh my *** of while he sits there quietly thinking I'm insane. Zloc, I garentee you don't even understand many of The Simpsons sutle gags and such.
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-08, 11:10 PM #29
Purple monkey dishwasher.
2005-12-08, 11:22 PM #30
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT > SIMPSONS
2005-12-08, 11:25 PM #31
Family Guy > Futurama > Simpsons
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-12-08, 11:49 PM #32
I'll take Sealab 2021.

You aren't the boss of tiger bot Hesh!
2005-12-09, 6:18 AM #33
This thread doesn't have enough Jessica Simpson.
2005-12-09, 6:27 AM #34
The Simpsons should turn anime and start making one huge plot serial ;)

Just imagine, the return of Bartman. :p
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-12-09, 6:07 PM #35
OK, I do get Family Guy's humor. They get some good jokes, and then keep repeating in and beating it against your skull until you want to throw you TV at your own head to kill yourself, and then make another joke.

Yes, FG has some good jokes and I enjoy watching it. But, for example, the episode where they make the joke about Stewy watching the new Bewitched movie, hearing a stupid joke and everyone laughing, then taking 2 minutes out of the show to show him hailing a cab, flying to Beverly Hills, buying a ladder, going to Will Ferrel's house, ringing his door bell and punching him then saying "IT'S NOT FUNNY, DAMMIT" was not funny once they actually got to the funny part. And I can't even stand Will Ferrel, so I should have laughed my *** off at him getting punched by a baby.

Family Guy has good jokes but they just keep repeating the jokes so often that I atleast got tired of it. I like Family Guy, I really do, but the older Simpsons Episodes (Especially on Treehouse of Horror my uncle recorded) beat the snot out of Family Guy.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-10, 10:38 AM #36
Yes, FG has some good jokes and I enjoy watching it. But, for example, the episode where they make the joke about Stewy watching the new Bewitched movie, hearing a stupid joke and everyone laughing, then taking 2 minutes out of the show to show him hailing a cab, flying to Beverly Hills, buying a ladder, going to Will Ferrel's house, ringing his door bell and punching him then saying "IT'S NOT FUNNY, DAMMIT" was not funny once they actually got to the funny part. And I can't even stand Will Ferrel, so I should have laughed my *** off at him getting punched by a baby.

The set up/suspense adds to the joke though. And it fills in air time.

I'd also like to take this moment to say that Family Guy is rated 15. AVERT YOUR EYES!
nope.
2005-12-10, 10:47 AM #37
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT > SIMPSONS

And forever I will hate Fox for canceling it because they were losing viewers... and you know WHY they lost viewers? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BROADCAST THE SHOW FOR A MONTH BECAUSE OF BASEBALL
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-10, 10:49 AM #38
Originally posted by Baconfish:
The set up/suspense adds to the joke though. And it fills in air time.

I'd also like to take this moment to say that Family Guy is rated 15. AVERT YOUR EYES!

rofl here in krazy kanada it's rated PG.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-10, 1:36 PM #39
K, yeah, I don't have all the movie trivia shoved into my head and I understood before reading this thread how many inside jokes I was missing out on in comedy shows and such. But I just cannot STAND a show that repeats a joke over and over for about 2 minutes. Yeah, baconfish it adds to the suspense and sets up the joke, but the older Simpsons episodes are hilarious and don't have to do that to fill in air time.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-10, 3:49 PM #40
K, yeah, I don't have all the movie trivia shoved into my head and I understood before reading this thread how many inside jokes I was missing out on in comedy shows and such. But I just cannot STAND a show that repeats a joke over and over for about 2 minutes. Yeah, baconfish it adds to the suspense and sets up the joke, but the older Simpsons episodes are hilarious and don't have to do that to fill in air time.

Many Simpsons episodes have filler, DVD commentary proves this.
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!