Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Remember the Musical Christmas Light House?
Remember the Musical Christmas Light House?
2005-12-08, 4:09 AM #1
They have another song too:
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1636842/

The song isn't as good, but the display is still impressive.

WARNING: NOT ALL CONTENT ON COLLEGEHUMOR IS SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN. CLICK ON THE LINKS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

And then there's the whole street that got into it:
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1638395/

The lights, while in time to the music, are not nearly as nicely done as the first house. You can tell the first guy is a professional because he utilizes the different light elements he has effectively, bringing them in at the appropriate times in the music. This second video just has all the lights flashing in 3 sets in time to the music.

And the original, in case you want to see it again:
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1634181/
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-12-08, 9:03 AM #2
I wonder how they do that? Last time they could have used a computer to edit it but the camera was moving this time. ME CONFOOSED!
2005-12-08, 9:45 AM #3
What do you mean by they could have used a computer to edit it? And what does that have to do with the camera moving? I think you made me confused.

Anyways, still cool, but the original song was still the best.
Stuff
2005-12-08, 11:08 AM #4
This was in our newspaper, here's the full lowdown on that house:

(It's only 15 minutes from my house, and it was AWESOME)

The setup was done by a retired Cincinnati Bell engineer, who spent 3 hours per minute of music.

The light display is no longer on, due to once hit the newspapers and TV, it became so incredibly popular, that traffic made it impossible for the man to get to his own house.

The house ran for 4 hours each night, the music was transmitted locally via FM radio broadcast, and there were 3 songs.

Now who says Ohio doesn't have anything interesting?

*high fives landfish*
2005-12-08, 11:16 AM #5
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Now who says Ohio doesn't have anything interesting?

*high fives landfish*[/QUOTE]
What about me? :(
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-08, 11:18 AM #6
What about you? No one cares.
2005-12-08, 11:37 AM #7
Well, you clearly cared enough to post that. ;)
Stuff
2005-12-08, 12:14 PM #8
That would be something I would travel to see. Love it :D
2005-12-08, 12:22 PM #9
Originally posted by kyle90:
What do you mean by they could have used a computer to edit it? And what does that have to do with the camera moving? I think you made me confused.

They could have taken to pictures one with all the lights on and all of them off and used the clone stamp tool to light up different parts of the house. But this would have been nearly impossible if they moved the camera while doing it. But now I know it's real so my theory doesn't matter anymore. :D
2005-12-08, 12:28 PM #10
Heh, it'd probably be harder to do it on the computer than to actually just do it for real.
Stuff
2005-12-08, 12:32 PM #11
The truth of it all! It burns!

↑ Up to the top!