Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The remake of The Producers
The remake of The Producers
2005-12-09, 10:15 PM #1
I just saw the trailer for the movie on TV today.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/the_producers/

It seems the movie is faithful (too faithful?) to the classic. Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder made a great pair in the old version, but, I guess, Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick can be a good combination. The trailer didn't seem so funny. Meh. But I assume I have to see the whole film to see if it's alright.

Am I the only one who thinks Will Farrell isn't the best actor for the Nazi guy?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-09, 10:27 PM #2
Will Ferral? That's horrible casting.

I don't think I'm going to see this movie. I've heard too many things I don't like. For example, the secretary being a significant love interest for both main male characters. She was a sexual object. SEXUAL. OBJECT. Not a love interest! Fug.

And now this.

Guh. If you want to see The Producers, go see the original movie, or go watch the play. Don't see this new movie.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-12-09, 10:34 PM #3
I hate Will Farrell. I don't find him funny. At all.

I'll stick with the original.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-12-09, 10:37 PM #4
Broderick is the man but I agree, I dont find Farrel funny at all.
2005-12-09, 11:00 PM #5
Broderick and Lane played the parts in the last run on Broadway, so they should be just fine.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-09, 11:17 PM #6
Will Ferrell's character (Franz Liebkind) can be interpreted differently, though. The Australian cast show that I saw last year used two very Broderick and Lane-esque actors for the leads, but the Liebkind character (as I understand) was only connected to the broadway one by nuttiness.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2005-12-10, 2:09 AM #7
Uma Thurman looks exceptionally hot in as Ula (Oola?). She either looks bad or good and this time she looks damn good.

I don't like how it is pretty much the same as the original... Even the delivery of the lines is the exact same. Why waste money doing the *exact* same thing?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-12-10, 2:15 AM #8
Don't plan on seeing it.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-12-10, 2:18 AM #9
I think it looks great. And Will Ferrell has his moments.
2005-12-10, 7:09 AM #10
Originally posted by happydud:
Will Ferral? That's horrible casting.

I don't think I'm going to see this movie. I've heard too many things I don't like. For example, the secretary being a significant love interest for both main male characters. She was a sexual object. SEXUAL. OBJECT. Not a love interest! Fug.

And now this.

Guh. If you want to see The Producers, go see the original movie, or go watch the play. Don't see this new movie.

I heard it was really faithful adaptation to the play. Almost as if someone just filmed the play and sold it as a movie.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-12-10, 7:18 AM #11
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
I hate Will F[e]rrell. I don't find him funny. At all.

Indeed.
2005-12-10, 7:45 AM #12
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
I hate Will Ferrell. I don't find him funny. At all.

Agreed.
2005-12-10, 4:42 PM #13
I'm going to see it. it may not be as good as the original, but why not. It's only a couple hours of my life.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.

↑ Up to the top!