Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → RTfM Episode 1 ON NOW!!
RTfM Episode 1 ON NOW!!
2005-12-10, 10:49 AM #1
http://sorrowind.net:8000/listen.pls

The show will be on ALL DAY so give us a listen... It's about 86 minutes long...

Sorry for the choppiness in places... Yoshi has a crappy upload rate apparently, because I was using him as the recorder for Power Gramo... :( This will NOT be an issue in episode two... We figured out how to fix it, as you'll notice in the last 30 or so minutes of the show.

THERE IS A MILD LANGUAGE WARNING!! you have been warned.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-10, 10:55 AM #2
Theres also a big Yecti is a loser warning.

But Im sure you all know taht!

ROFLROFLROFL
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-10, 10:56 AM #3
Apple store? What the hell?

Since when the kak did they exist?
nope.
2005-12-10, 11:14 AM #4
Since a long time.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-10, 11:25 AM #5
Listening now...
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-12-10, 11:36 AM #6
Castlevania: Bacon Edition?
2005-12-10, 11:41 AM #7
JK Arcade?
2005-12-10, 11:46 AM #8
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Apple store? What the hell?

Since when the kak did they exist?

Apple Stores are like the 8th wonder of the world. Anyone who has been in one will understand why I say this.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-12-10, 11:47 AM #9
Apple stores are great.
2005-12-10, 11:48 AM #10
They're retinal burners!

JK Arcade was a booth, with a handle for a saber, and you could ONLY use a saber, and you moved the handle to control the blade. It was GREAT
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-10, 12:23 PM #11
I remember about two years ago, I was at islands of adventure, and they had a VR visor and handle thing setup for JK... it was SP, and a level i'd never seen before, and the controls sucked ***, and there wasn't any sound, but it was pretty damn cool nonetheless

and that's my random off topic tangent for the day
Moo.
2005-12-10, 12:27 PM #12
They should put in Sony stores across from Apple stores. Then they could fortify the entrances with sandbags and machine gun emplacements.

Sorry, wow, that was way off topic. RTFM is cool; I listened for a while. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming of GBSTV.
Stuff
2005-12-10, 12:39 PM #13
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
I remember about two years ago, I was at islands of adventure, and they had a VR visor and handle thing setup for JK... it was SP, and a level i'd never seen before, and the controls sucked ***, and there wasn't any sound, but it was pretty damn cool nonetheless

and that's my random off topic tangent for the day

They have those at Kings Island, here in Cincinnati.

It's $5 for like, 15 minutes, which is completely lame. The graphics look like crap, the controls suck, the multiplayer level looks like a freakin JKEDIT box, and sound is nonexistant.

Yeah, if you see it, don't bother.
2005-12-10, 2:05 PM #14
The reason I say Apple stores are great is because it just verifies in my mind that American consumers are SHEEP. I mean ****ing seriously people Bose Triports are not good auditioning headphones. Put the stock buds on so people get a better idea of what it will sound like...

Oh and Bose sucks.
2005-12-10, 2:40 PM #15
Stream PAUSED for now to allow another guy to spin his own beats.
D E A T H
2005-12-10, 5:53 PM #16
The broadcast is back up, but after this run, you'll be left to download it... If you have a server that can mirror it, please do. :) It's available now from the RTfM website in the download website.
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-11, 3:39 PM #17
first and only bump.

Just for those of you who missed out, visit the website and download the broadcast.
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-11, 11:50 PM #18
As I listen I'll write my comments:

Yoshi should cut out his anti-Apple garbage. For one, AAC isn't a proprietary format. Durr. It's a very efficient MPEG4 codec, in the same class as Ogg Vorbis.

Quality blows. I mean, the cutting in and out. If you used Skype, you may try something like TeamSpeak or Ventrillo.

Someone said "Phased out the line in, not the line out because that would be pointless" or something similar. Line out is not headphone out. Headphone outs are amplified, and due to crappy output stages, headphone outs can often sound worse than line outs. Line outs are much more appropriate for plugging into a home stereo, car stereo, etc. Just FYI.

The reason iPod earbuds blow out isn't likely a fault with the buds themselves. A lot of people unlock the volume on their iPods so they can listen at LITERALLY ear-bleedingly stupid levels. The buds are likely blowing either because they can't handle the new power output, or the unlocking is allowing the user to push the onboard amp much harder than it should, overdriving it and causing the headphones to blow. This could happen with any earbud. Just FYI, it's probably not because the buds themselves suck (although I am not arguing with this point). A stock iPod on full volume shouldn't blow the earbuds. If that's the case, well, Apple is dumb. But either way, you should never be listening that loud (i.e. any sane person would not have a problem with this).

The G, gaming versions of the Shure IEMs are no different, they're just marketed towards portable gaming. They just look cooler. Crazy audiophiles (Yecti speaking?)...IF YOU MENTION BOSE...no wait. UE 10 Pros. Phew. ;) How could you use them personally? They're custom molded! Unless your friends' ear canals are really close to yours. :confused:

MB, you used my Etymotic ER-6, which go in WAY deeper than other models. Other companies to look at are Westone (UM1 model) and Ultimate Ears Super.fi (generic fit). Just some FYI...

ER-6is are only $90 street...wtf is Yoshi talking about?

Also, Steel Battalion never cost anywhere NEAR a grand. I might also point out that SB isn't a very good argument for 360 backwards compatibility, since anyone who owns SB already owns an XBox, and there are very few people with SB to begin with. But I certainly do agree than Sony has Microsoft licked with backwards compatibility.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-12, 12:14 AM #19
Oh, and you guys left out one of the greatest features of IEMs: noise attenuation! Any Shure IEM will block out a good 20-25 dB of ambient noise, over twice that of active noise cancelling systems (e.g. Bose Quiet Comfort 2). Etymotic IEMs will do a good 25-30. So you can ride a plane or a subway without distracting noise.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!