Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Movies
The Movies
2005-12-10, 11:20 AM #1
[url]www.moviesgame.com[/url]

Well I bought this about a week ago and I've been playing it on and off. Any other massassians tried it?

To begin with starting the lot and establishing everything is quite tricky, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. At the start you have to build pieaces of your lot, casting office, sets etc. and hire your staff - Janitors, Actors, Crew, Builders, Directers, Extras and Scriptwriters.

First off you get pretty crappy scripts that your writers write using the basic script office, but as you go on you gain access to a better office that can allow you to write mediocre scipts, and the custom office that lets you design your own scripts can be gained quite quickly using the research lab.

Casting your movie is one of the most important things to do to get it a good rating in the charts. All stars and directors have stats for how good they can act in certain types of movie [Horror, Romance, Scfi-fi, Action and Comedy]. Crappy actors can result in movies only hitting about number 30 in the charts.

So far its a tricky game to get used to. You have to run the studio, while churning out films and keeping your actors/studio/movies high in the charts. Along with keeping staff happy at all times so they give good performances [they can develop addictions]. Worst film I've made so far had a drunked director. :p

Eventually, through the post production office you can edit the soundtrack, titles, add subtitles, voicing through your mic and lip-synching, then if you want to can release a film on the net through the game's fan website.

It's an interesting game, if you haven't seen it, check it out.
nope.
2005-12-10, 11:41 AM #2
I asked for it for Xmas.
2005-12-10, 12:26 PM #3
Some of the best movies are based on books, and generally books are a great source for good movie scripts. Your description makes it sound like the game has forgotten this.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-12-10, 12:52 PM #4
How would you really incorporate it though? Even if there was a sensible, simple way I'd say it's easily dismissable as it's still just a game.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-12-10, 10:06 PM #5
Yeah this game looks interesting. Definitely gonna pick it up if I see it in a bargain bin.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-11, 8:34 AM #6
Its much more fun to make movies your self and not depend on a limited hunk of software. Cheers to the dude who makes the first Star Wars Movie.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-12-11, 9:11 AM #7
That's a point... does the game allow you to go back to your movies years after release and tinker with them, and then deal with a huge backlash from fans and internet geeks?

Something for the sequel, then.
2005-12-11, 9:58 AM #8
Er. It's not meant to be a "limited hunk" of software to make movies with. It's meant to be a game where you have fun "pretending" (for want of a better term) to make movies. It's like SimCity. That wasn't a "limited hunk" of software for you to build cities with, but a game where you have fun. The fact that you can (I think) save your movies in .avi and .mov formats is just a nifty side feature, not the main focus of the game.
Moo.
2005-12-11, 10:03 AM #9
Exactly, stick with Pinnacle or Premiere if it's an editing suite you want.
2005-12-11, 11:03 AM #10
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
That's a point... does the game allow you to go back to your movies years after release and tinker with them, and then deal with a huge backlash from fans and internet geeks?

Technically yes actually.

Reading through my description does make it sound a little bland though. It's beter when you play it.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!