Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spike TV's Video Game Awards 2005
Spike TV's Video Game Awards 2005
2005-12-10, 8:32 PM #1
Since I haven't seen a topic about it yet...

What do you all think? Did any of you even watch it? :D

Well, here are my thoughts...

God of War did NOT deserve to win best action game. I'm sorry, but I've played it and it's mediocre. I sighed with relief when resident evil 4 won GotY.

World of Warcraft won most addictive game, and rightfully so. I've spent a loooot of time on that game.

Vin Diesel.

Was sad that Sean Connery didn't win that one award. Would've been awesome seeing him there.

Jack Black is still as awesome as ****.

That's about it. Too tired to explain / remember other stuff. So... Discuss!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-10, 8:36 PM #2
How could WoW win an award if it came out in 04?
2005-12-10, 8:40 PM #3
Lineage 2 > wow plug ;(

female boobs move when your char runs!
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2005-12-10, 9:09 PM #4
Wow, you did not like God of War?

Is your opinion one of those "Oh man, I played the first 5 minutes or I played the Hyrda demo and it sucked", or did you genuinely play through the whole thing and realize how amazing the graphics, the story, and how fluid the combat system is? Or what a kickass character Kratos is? Along with a useful upgrade system? Or how it features one of the best gaming soundtracks of all time?

Not to mention that it EASILY was the best out of all the nominees. There's a reason God of War got pretty much a 9.0 or above on every single video game site, with most of them giving it a 9.5 or above.

If you haven't noticed, I loved God of War to death, and as an action game, IT DAMN WELL DESERVED THE AWARD. No other game in the past couple of years have matched the amount of intensity and ACTION that God of War has, hence the ACTION award.

These guys mostly share the same opinion.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-10, 9:19 PM #5
A good video game award show would give awards to the creators, not celebrities. Who recieved awards?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-10, 9:21 PM #6
Yup, God of War is powerful good.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-12-10, 9:24 PM #7
Video game award shows bore me. It's the same games over and over.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-10, 10:02 PM #8
Video Game award shows annoy me somewhat too.
2005-12-10, 10:34 PM #9
buck is corect in everything about God of War. It was one of the funnest action games I;ve played in some time.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-11, 6:23 AM #10
Somehow God of War strikes me as Prince of Persia + gore + boobs... of course do take in mind that I've never played it due to a lack of PS2, so hey, I could be wrong.
Seishun da!
2005-12-11, 7:29 AM #11
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Not to mention that it EASILY was the best out of all the nominees.

I'm assuming the nominees for the category did not include Resident Evil 4?
2005-12-11, 8:14 AM #12
Originally posted by Avenger:
buck is corect in everything about God of War. It was one of the funnest action games I;ve played in some time.

I played through it. It's not that great :P

It's just another action game with a gimmick.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-11, 12:18 PM #13
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]It's just another action game with a gimmick.[/QUOTE]

Umm...like every other game on the market?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-11, 1:54 PM #14
Cept god of war was boring :P

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-11, 2:46 PM #15
What exactly excites you? Grass growing?

Usually I don't care if someone dislikes a game for a reason, since it's their opinion. But with God of War in particular, I just can't accept someone calling it boring. If you would elaborate on your thoughts, that might help clear it up (just saying "I played it" isn't very convincing. For all I know, you played through the demo or 5 minutes and got frustrated and couldn't beat it).
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-11, 3:05 PM #16
I said that I played through it :P

The bosses were interesting, and the whole button mashing minigame thing for combos was ok at best, but that's about it. Other than that it's just hack and slash and hitting things until you get to the occasional puzzle. It was repetitive and lacking for me. Is it wrong that I don't like something that you do?

I'm just saying that it didn't deserve some of those awards and that I was glad that a worthy game got GotY.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-11, 3:12 PM #17
Originally posted by tofu:

It also won Role Playing GoTY, and best multiplayer GoTY too I believe.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-11, 3:21 PM #18
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]
I'm just saying that it didn't deserve some of those awards and that I was glad that a worthy game got GotY.[/QUOTE]

Certainly you're entitled to an opinion. But if you don't like something, and everyone else does, you don't think it deserves an award? That just doesn't make sense.
2005-12-11, 3:23 PM #19
Everyone I watched it with didn't like the game either.

Of course, by chance the very small amount of people on the planet who didn't like it gathered in one spot, my living room. Like THAT'S realistic.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-11, 3:25 PM #20
Originally posted by tofu:

These awards are released during Q3 of the 2005-2006 period, so they're probably for Q1-Q4 of the 2004-2005 year, including WoW into the bit. Not to mention WoW came out around the time this award was hosted.
D E A T H
2005-12-11, 3:29 PM #21
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Everyone I watched it with didn't like the game either.

Of course, by chance the very small amount of people on the planet who didn't like it gathered in one spot, my living room. Like THAT'S realistic.[/QUOTE]

More realistic than everyone who happens to review games for a living happening to like it. ;)
2005-12-11, 5:03 PM #22
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']More realistic than everyone who happens to review games for a living happening to like it. ;)

Q*F*T*
D E A T H
2005-12-11, 5:35 PM #23
ZOMG QFFE LOL.
2005-12-12, 4:31 PM #24
I have to admit, the awards seem more well placed this time, but I hate the show's presentation. I want a more sophisticated gaming award show where there is no typical rock and rap, where people have to dress up, and original game music is played when someone receives an award as well as for entertainment.
2005-12-12, 5:16 PM #25
I loved the absolute BURN of Arnold though... Wow that was a burn to the extreme!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-12, 5:26 PM #26
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Everyone I watched it with didn't like the game either.

Of course, by chance the very small amount of people on the planet who didn't like it gathered in one spot, my living room. Like THAT'S realistic.[/QUOTE]

*cough*cult*cough*

I haven't played GoW for the same reason.

Could, you want a combination Cosplay/Game awards show? Scary.

/me has mental picture of Jack Black dressing up as Sam Fisher...spandex and all...
2005-12-12, 6:14 PM #27
Originally posted by TwistedSoul:
Lineage 2 > wow plug ;(

female boobs move when your char runs!

The females already do that in WoW. The dwarf females are the most obvious to spot (and gross to look at if ya know what I mean)
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-12-12, 6:15 PM #28
Originally posted by SavageX378:
The females already do that in WoW. The dwarf females are the most obvious to spot (and gross to look at if ya know what I mean)

I hate undead females' boobs.

↑ Up to the top!