Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → WoW and Connection Speeds
WoW and Connection Speeds
2005-12-10, 9:29 PM #1
I'm thinking of getting WoW, but I have 56k. I know some MMOs work well at that speed (for example,in SWG my ping is never above 400). Does anyone here play on a 56k connection, or know anyone that does? I might buy it as early as tomorrow, if I get good feedback here.

My computer is new, and should handle it with no problems. It's just my connection speed that's in question.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-10, 10:00 PM #2
You can play. I played EQ with 56k for a year.

There will be problems though. Just not all the time.
2005-12-10, 10:03 PM #3
Walking around Ironforge or Org peak time could be fun with 56k. Hell it's fun with broadband...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-10, 11:16 PM #4
Is there no way you can use a trial first? Or log on a friend's account at your house?

IMHO WoW is fully playable with 7 fps and 450 ms, even for late game instances
2005-12-11, 12:23 AM #5
You should be fine. The only problem you'll really have is getting the patches.
2005-12-11, 12:44 AM #6
[QUOTE=Connection Problem]Is there no way you can use a trial first? Or log on a friend's account at your house?

IMHO WoW is fully playable with 7 fps and 450 ms, even for late game instances[/QUOTE]

Obviously you've never done Level 60 AV and expected to get a damn thing done :P
D E A T H
2005-12-11, 8:23 AM #7
I play with possibly the worst 56k connection ever. So you'll be fine. I ONLY have problems in Orgimmar. Patches are a *****, but if you can hold off playing for 1 night while you download (don't use Blizzards auto download program, the download will NEVER start) you'll be fine.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-11, 8:27 AM #8
(play on Uther)
2005-12-11, 2:18 PM #9
My friend has a 10 day pass, which he says he'll let me use, hopefully tonight. What server are the most Massassians on (I realize there's a thread for this in the Game Room, but it seems many members have not posted their info there)?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-11, 2:44 PM #10
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]My friend has a 10 day pass, which he says he'll let me use, hopefully tonight. What server are the most Massassians on (I realize there's a thread for this in the Game Room, but it seems many members have not posted their info there)?[/QUOTE]

Hope you have a credit card, you need to enter your card number just to play, which is rediculous.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;

↑ Up to the top!