Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yay Sega!
Yay Sega!
2005-12-11, 8:40 AM #1
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000790071989/

Interesting...it'd be cool to see the Dreamcast return, and Sega hardware with it. I think Yecti mentioned something about Sega getting into the hardware aspect of gaming once again in the RTfM show, but that may or may not have been edited out :p

We'll just have to wait and see I guess...could be pure BS.
D E A T H
2005-12-11, 8:41 AM #2
I think it's going to fail again.
2005-12-11, 8:42 AM #3
It IS the Dreamcast :p
D E A T H
2005-12-11, 12:09 PM #4
[quote=Linkin Park][CENTER]I tried
so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter[/CENTER][/quote]
totally
2005-12-11, 12:10 PM #5
there will be New hardware coming from the Sega front in the future.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-11, 12:13 PM #6
SEGA! </90's commercial voice> :D
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-12-11, 12:45 PM #7
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
SEGA! </90's commercial voice> :D

Does SEGA stand for anything? Does anyone know?
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-11, 12:55 PM #8
Wiki does:

"Sega was originally founded in 1940 as Service Games in Honolulu, Hawaii, by Martin Bromely, Irving Bromberg, and James Humpert to provide coin-operated amusements for American servicemen on military bases. Bromely suggested that the company move to Tokyo, Japan in 1951 and in May 1952 "SErvice GAmes of Japan" was registered.

In 1954, another American businessman David Rosen fell in love with Tokyo and established his own company, Rosen Enterprises, Inc., in Japan to export art. When the company imported coin-operated instant photo booths, it stumbled on a surprise hit: The booths were very popular in Japan. Business was booming, and Rosen Enterprises expanded by importing coin-operated electro-mechanical games.

Rosen Enterprises and Service Games merged in 1965 to become Sega Enterprises.
"

I didn't actually know that. Interesting read.
2005-12-11, 1:04 PM #9
I still have my old Dreamcast. It is such a great system. Sega just did a really bad job marketing it.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-12-11, 1:26 PM #10
Yea. DC rocked. If PS2 didn't have the prestige of PSone behind it, I think DC would have won that battle. (If not for any other reason than having a fishing pole controller.)
2005-12-11, 2:13 PM #11
Originally posted by Sol:
Does SEGA stand for anything? Does anyone know?

Super Evil Genuis Assassins, killing kids through games
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-11, 2:31 PM #12
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Yea. DC rocked. If PS2 didn't have the prestige of PSone behind it, I think DC would have won that battle. (If not for any other reason than having a fishing pole controller.)[/QUOTE]

Having 2 fishing poles was Awesome. You could use them in Soul Calibur and swing them like swords. The things swung onscreen.
nope.
2005-12-11, 2:36 PM #13
Haha, that's awsome. I wish I had tried that.
2005-12-11, 2:57 PM #14
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]Yea. DC rocked. If PS2 didn't have the prestige of PSone behind it, I think DC would have won that battle. (If not for any other reason than having a fishing pole controller.)[/QUOTE]

it wasn't only because sony had the success of the PS1 but...

sega had the stink of the saturn's quick death still lingering
dreamcast couldn't play DVDs
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-12-11, 3:35 PM #15
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
it wasn't only because sony had the success of the PS1 but...

sega had the stink of the saturn's quick death still lingering
dreamcast couldn't play DVDs

Same difference on the Saturn, I was saying if they both were released without prior establishment.
And yea, didn't think about the DVD.
I still think the DC was the better system though. I owned both and loved both, so I'm not putting down the Playsation.

↑ Up to the top!