Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tonight's Simpsons
Tonight's Simpsons
2005-12-11, 6:29 PM #1
I about crapped my pants when I saw this...
[http://shauri.info/cooker/Simpsons_2005-12-11_20-00-01-1.jpg]
[http://shauri.info/cooker/Simpsons_2005-12-11_20-00-01-2.jpg]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-12-11, 6:31 PM #2
Owned.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2005-12-11, 6:47 PM #3
me too, gbk me too
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-11, 7:01 PM #4
Groen seems a bit bitter.
D E A T H
2005-12-11, 7:08 PM #5
That takes some balls, and for that, I applaud Matt Groening yet again! He still sure has some spark in him (not just him, but the creators). I was wondering when they were going to make a quick stab at FG or American Dad.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-11, 7:09 PM #6
american family sitcoms are hardly original i do enjoy the extreme take on each family of these shows though :)
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2005-12-11, 7:49 PM #7
Hehe. That's kinda neat.

Did Family Guy ever put Simpsons in their show? (not the funny content and such)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-11, 7:50 PM #8
Originally posted by Echoman:
Hehe. That's kinda neat.

Did Family Guy ever put Simpsons in their show? (not the funny content and such)

They spoofed the intro at least, that much I know.
D E A T H
2005-12-11, 8:02 PM #9
...I don't get it. Someone explain it to me.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-11, 8:08 PM #10
Family Guy supposedly copied the simpsons. Fat lazy dad, etc. Then it's stabbing at how american dad copies Family Guy.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-11, 8:09 PM #11
Really? You don't see what the writer of the episode intended, even with the captions below the pics? :confused:
2005-12-11, 8:11 PM #12
well.. I can't read the bottom one... and didn't know who the guy was.

I kind got the idea that they were saying FG was a copy... But I had no idea about the second pic.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-12-11, 8:15 PM #13
Quote:
Then it's stabbing at how american dad copies Family Guy.

im pretty sure american dad is done by the same people who do family guy
2005-12-11, 8:16 PM #14
Exactly. It's saying he basically made a second show to reuse jokes by copying the first. I somewhat agree, however, it's funny either way.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-11, 9:36 PM #15
I watch both and American Dad RARELY reuses any Family Guy jokes.
2005-12-11, 9:38 PM #16
Simpsons was mainly making a joke about how Peter is a clone of Homer. (like Kirby said above).

Actually, for you Simpsons fans, you may remember the Simpsons doing this actually a LONG while ago when Family Guy was in its first season. In the episode where all of Homer's relatives are on the front lawn, they showed Peter Griffin. Funny how no one backlashed then.

Some may say it was immature of Groening to make the joke, but if McFarlane wants to be the bigger man, he won't do anything to respond to it. (Even so, it would probably be like one year later). And frankly, even he can't deny that Peter is a clone of Homer.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-11, 10:17 PM #17
Originally posted by mscbuck:

Actually, for you Simpsons fans, you may remember the Simpsons doing this actually a LONG while ago when Family Guy was in its first season. In the episode where all of Homer's relatives are on the front lawn, they showed Peter Griffin. Funny how no one backlashed then.

Anyone has a screencap of this?
2005-12-12, 4:59 AM #18
From "The Simpsons Treehouse Of Horror 13: Send In The Clones"

[http://shauri.info/cooker/Simpsons_2005-11-01_19-00-01-17.jpg]

This was actually the episode where Homer uses a magic hammock to generate dozens of clones of himself, who then proceed to destroy the town.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-12-12, 5:01 AM #19
Simpsons was mainly making a joke about how Peter is a clone of Homer. (like Kirby said above).

Some may say it was immature of Groening to make the joke, but if McFarlane wants to be the bigger man, he won't do anything to respond to it. (Even so, it would probably be like one year later). And frankly, even he can't deny that Peter is a clone of Homer.

I bet they're on better terms than we might assume, and it's just a playful stab.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-12, 5:34 AM #20
I have never in my life seen a full episode of either of those three shows.
幻術
2005-12-12, 5:53 AM #21
family guy owns. OWNS
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-12-12, 6:05 AM #22
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I bet they're on better terms than we might assume, and it's just a playful stab.

From what I've read, they don't really like one another very much.
Stuff
2005-12-12, 6:42 AM #23
Originally posted by kyle90:
From what I've read, they don't really like one another very much.

What you've read is also probably propgated by hardcore fans of either series who dislike one another, also.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-12, 9:36 AM #24
Family Guy > American Dad > The Simpsons
2005-12-13, 12:53 AM #25
Simpsons > Crap > Family Guy
2005-12-13, 5:35 AM #26
Some may say it was immature of Groening to make the joke, but if McFarlane wants to be the bigger man, he won't do anything to respond to it.

Which of course means that there will be a stab at the Simpsons very soon.
A very big stab.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-12-13, 11:58 AM #27
Small thing - There was also that episode when Homer became a missionary, and in the FOX phonein thing at the end it said something about putting and end to crude, low-quality programming. The TV the woman turns off has a Family Guy logo on it.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!