Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Collection Agency woes....
Collection Agency woes....
2005-12-12, 10:17 AM #1
A month or two back, I posted a topic about this collection agency totally riding my *** for some membership fee for some 'cheaper than retail' scam.

Well, the bozo's wanted $200, so they got $200 off a credit card I had JUST applied for and gotten the number to, but the $75 for three months after that they weren't going to get. They had my bank account info, so I went to my bank and got it changed. Now they're harrassing us and telling us if they don't get their rubber check of $75, they're going to ADD fraud charges on top of everything else.

I've done my research, and they can't do much concerning the debt except take me to court and garnish my wages. (which I have none of) My car is fine because it falls in the exempt status because it's only worth about $700. I've yet to do my research concerning the $75 because it's technically not a rubber check, the account was closed before they went to electronically withdraw their money. They didn't get 'insufficiant funds', they got 'account closed'.

I'd be more than willing to pay these feckers off if I had a job, but I don't. Should I try to scrounge up $75 then tell them to stop harrasing me, or should I just tell them to f--k off right now, and do their 'worst'?
-Hell Raiser
2005-12-12, 10:26 AM #2
i think you should get a job.
2005-12-12, 10:28 AM #3
for $75 it's not worth the trouble, i say pay them
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-12-12, 10:50 AM #4
I think it would probably cost you more than $75 in the long run, so I would vote pay them off too. Even though that option really sucks....
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-12-12, 11:18 AM #5
How can I stop the CA from bothering us and holding off on any court crap untill a complaint is filed through the Better Buisness Bureau on the original company that the debt is for?
-Hell Raiser
2005-12-12, 11:31 AM #6
Just in case someone wanders by, the website for the company for which we NEVER used their services, and tried to cancel the contract before we made ANY payments, is here: http://www.ncmwebworld.com/
-Hell Raiser
2005-12-12, 1:37 PM #7
[QUOTE=Hell Raiser]How can I stop the CA from bothering us and holding off on any court crap untill a complaint is filed through the Better Buisness Bureau on the original company that the debt is for?[/QUOTE]

I don't know exactly. but then they call tell them that you're doing so and make sure you get some sort of suprervisor on the phone.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-12, 4:03 PM #8
how the heck did you get tangled into this crack company? how much did you orrigionally owe them? and did you sign any sort of contract with them? if so did the contract include anything about interest being incured(sp?) on any late payments? depending on the circumstances, it may be better to go to small claims court.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-12-12, 4:04 PM #9
dont know if it would be any help, but heres the address of a pretty good legal stuff web sit... [url]www.legalzoom.com[/url]
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-12-12, 5:01 PM #10
Wow... that website is trying to be a serious website with a mouse-trail script?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-12-12, 5:39 PM #11
If you only owe $75, pay it off. $75 really isn't that much money, and oyu should be able to make it back quickly by doing a few odd jobs.
2005-12-12, 8:23 PM #12
The total is about $1500, $75 is/was for an installment plan for just 3 months. Every 3 months, they want more and more, otherwise OMGZCOURT :rolleyes:
-Hell Raiser
2005-12-13, 5:23 AM #13
What exactally was this service that they performed? Screwing you over?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-12-14, 9:09 AM #14
If they took money from you from a credit card, you can dispute the debt and get your money back from the credit card company, which will in turn take it back from the company who stole it. If you didn't use the service and they screwed you over, DON'T FREAKING PAY. If they sent you to collections, all you have to do is write a letter to the agency telling them that the debt is invalid and they have no right to try to collect on it, and the burden of proof is on them.

You should call the BBB AND your state's attorney general. They will probably help you, especially if you lay it all out honestly and ask for help. If they ever file a lawsuit against you SHOW UP and defend yourself, because if they get a judgement against you you are screwed. And if you don't show up, they automatically win.
2005-12-14, 9:56 AM #15
I don't know why you paid the original 200 in the first place. I'd have done what Brian suggested IMMEDIATLY when this company first laid claims on my cash after I canceled business with them.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-14, 9:57 AM #16
[QUOTE=Hell Raiser]The total is about $1500, $75 is/was for an installment plan for just 3 months. Every 3 months, they want more and more, otherwise OMGZCOURT :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

In that case, fight. I was under the impression that $75 was the total, but now I remember that other thread.

↑ Up to the top!