Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "I'm not dead yet!"
"I'm not dead yet!"
2005-12-13, 10:29 AM #1
I just got a phone call from my mother. I have literally been on campus for the past three days, getting a grand total of 7 hours of sleep. The rest of the time I was either in a computer lab rendering out Maya crap, or in transit. Thus, I haven't been able to check my Hotmail account. I check it this morning, and see a couple of e-mails from my mom. I reply to them. Two hours later, I get a phone call from her, and this is our conversation:

"Why didn't you respond to my e-mails?"
"I've been busy on campus for the past 3 days."
"I understand that. I just wanted to know why you didn't respond to my e-mails. You usually do it pretty quickly."
"I was literally on campus for the past 3 days, and the only times I came home were for a few hours of sleep."
"I understand that, but you usually respond to them quickly, and I was wondering what was going on."
* I'm silent *
"Well, I guess we'll talk to you later."
"All right. See you on Saturday."

Jesus Christ, woman. I'm not dead. I'm not avoiding you.

[ UPDATE ] Just got a call from my father reminding me that I should keep my mother's feelings in mind. I swear to Christ, if my friends and a job weren't waiting for me in St. Peters, I'd stay the **** in Columbia. [ /UPDATE ]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-13, 10:34 AM #2
My mum would just ring my moblie after a few days (usually a week or so) when i was at uni - I was rubbish at keeping in touch!
2005-12-13, 11:04 AM #3
During my first year at school, my mom was always trying to contact me... I countered it though; every time I'd get an e-mail or an IM or a phone call I'd ask for money.
Stuff
2005-12-13, 11:09 AM #4
Originally posted by Martyn:
My mum would just ring my moblie after a few days (usually a week or so) when i was at uni - I was rubbish at keeping in touch!
ditto...

my mum has finally got the message (after 3 years) that a phone call once a week is all she should expect... :p

although saying that I have been calling home more recently mainly because my dad had a weird blood test that came back saying hes got leukemia, however not too worry, further tests showed it was either a bad test or some lab mistake.

[edit]
Originally posted by kyle90:
During my first year at school, my mom was always trying to contact me... I countered it though; every time I'd get an e-mail or an IM or a phone call I'd ask for money.

lol.....now why didn't I think of that[/edit]
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-12-13, 11:27 AM #5
I'm horrible at keeping touch with my mother. My poor mother.

Fortunately, I'll see her later this week, and then later for a whole week between Christmas and New Year's in England. Whee!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-12-13, 12:27 PM #6
My mom hasn't been bad, I think she's comfortable that I've got family nearby if I need something. Of course it's a 2 day drive home... (18 hours solo, with only the radio, woo!)
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-12-13, 1:35 PM #7
Originally posted by kyle90:
During my first year at school, my mom was always trying to contact me...

This is my third year at college. Let the **** go, *****.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-13, 1:46 PM #8
I live 45 minutes from home and I havent seen my family in about 2 weeks. I talked to my dad last night only because he called me.

I'm not even sure if I'm staying at home over Christmas break. I just don't feel like being there.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-12-13, 1:57 PM #9
I live 15 minutes from home and I can go weeks without calling home and my parents don't freak out. Of course, I usually see them once a week most of the time. They also know not to expect much contact from me during finals.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-13, 2:07 PM #10
A few weeks ago my parents tried calling my cell phone while I was in class. Since I had it turned off and didn't answer, they kept calling back trying to find out if I was ok. By the time I got out of class, I had like 10 missed calls from both my parents and my brothers who had also tried to contact me for them. You'd think I'm not able to take care of myself at 22 or something. :p
Life is beautiful.
2005-12-13, 2:10 PM #11
im 800 yrs old andm y parents keep claling me wtfthey never lern
2005-12-13, 2:11 PM #12
i give my parents my schedule so they dont call when im in class... or too early.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-13, 2:14 PM #13
I usually talk to me mom or my dad every other day on Gtalk. I really don't mind it at all, it's a good place to vent.
2005-12-13, 2:16 PM #14
My mom gets mad at me if I don't call her and tell her where I'm going every night. Or at least she did. After she realized I don't care what she thinks, she gave up.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!